Charlie Manson Dead!

Englebert

The world is a better place today because of his death.  He was a cancer on humanity.  How he could manipulate people is still a mystery to me.  Of course, he was only a microcosm of a Hitler, or even Jim Jones.  How he (they) was able to do that will always remain a mystery to me.  

I've learned a thing or two about people in my 72 years.  One is that a few have the ability to manipulate.  It's a gift, more often than not, misused.  It's not the manipulator that puzzles me, it's the number of people that can be manipulated that is beyond my understanding.  What is it that makes so many putty in the hands of a manipulator?  Are people born that way, or is it a result of (family) environment?  We're all manipulated somewhat, but on a minor scale.  A good commercial is an example.  But how do people get persuaded to do things they ordinarily would never dream of?  That's a question far beyond my comprehension.

My oh my, how us old folks do rattle on.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

The world is a better place today because of his death.  He was a cancer on humanity.  How he could manipulate people is still a mystery to me.  Of course, he was only a microcosm of a Hitler, or even Jim Jones.  How he (they) was able to do that will always remain a mystery to me.  

I've learned a thing or two about people in my 72 years.  One is that a few have the ability to manipulate.  It's a gift, more often than not, misused.  It's not the manipulator that puzzles me, it's the number of people that can be manipulated that is beyond my understanding.  What is it that makes so many putty in the hands of a manipulator?  Are people born that way, or is it a result of (family) environment?  We're all manipulated somewhat, but on a minor scale.  A good commercial is an example.  But how do people get persuaded to do things they ordinarily would never dream of?  That's a question far beyond my comprehension.

My oh my, how us old folks do rattle on.

The three named all had the God Complex. Mix that with feeble minds lacking direction and drug induced euphoria, the sheep will follow akin to the rats in the Pied Piper. This would describe Manson and Jones. Hitler is another story, except for the God Complex. Megalomania was the poison in Hitler's mind.

Englebert is right, they should have all gotten the gas chamber.

5 minutes ago, baddog said:

The three named all had the God Complex. Mix that with feeble minds lacking direction and drug induced euphoria, the sheep will follow akin to the rats in the Pied Piper. This would describe Manson and Jones. Hitler is another story, except for the God Complex. Megalomania was the poison in Hitler's mind.

Megalomania?  Had to look that up.  Sounds like Jung & Hillary lol.

5 hours ago, baddog said:

Just a word I picked up along life's path that stuck. Hitler was ate up with it. Hillary is a good fit too.

Old L. Ron Hubbard would fit that word also.  Talk about a God Complex.  Scientology is a prime example of what perplexes me.  How can so many, relatively intelligent people, fall for such a scam?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 7:15 PM, REBgp said:

Old L. Ron Hubbard would fit that word also.  Talk about a God Complex.  Scientology is a prime example of what perplexes me.  How can so many, relatively intelligent people, fall for such a scam?  

A lot of you voted for someone who I have zero doubt has a God Complex.  And also has made a career of running scams.  But don’t mind me, I’m just passing through :D 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

A lot of you voted for someone who I have zero doubt has a God Complex.  And also has made a career of running scams.  But don’t mind me, I’m just passing through :D 

Passing through lol.  If I did vote for someone with a God Complex, it was only because the other candidate has a Satan Complex :) 

13 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I guess you missed the poll I put on here before the election that asked if you were voting for Trump or voting against Hillary. If I remember correctly, I think everyone that said that they were voting for Trump was doing so not as a vote for him, but as a vote against Hillary. Many, almost assuredly most, have restated this on many occasions on this board. So your attempts to smear, malign, and denigrate the actions of the board members judgment just falls flat, and are a prime symptom of the disease known as Trump Derangement Syndrome.

And please share with us your psychoanalysis skills in assessing this phenomenon you attribute to Trump. I would love to critique the "symptoms" you value (and the ones you conveniently ignore) when rendering your diagnosis. 

11 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I guess you missed the poll I put on here before the election that asked if you were voting for Trump or voting against Hillary. If I remember correctly, I think everyone that said that they were voting for Trump was doing so not as a vote for him, but as a vote against Hillary. Many, almost assuredly most, have restated this on many occasions on this board. So your attempts to smear, malign, and denigrate the actions of the board members judgment just falls flat, and are a prime symptom of the disease known as Trump Derangement Syndrome.

And please share with us your psychoanalysis skills in assessing this phenomenon you attribute to Trump. I would love to critique the "symptoms" you value (and the ones you conveniently ignore) when rendering your diagnosis. 

I listen to him and I’m not an idiot.  That’s my assessment.  Pretty much how I’ve judged people my whole life.  

And you are correct about Trump Derangement Syndrome being an affliction.  Where you get lost is that those so afflicts are his staunchest supporters. 

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I listen to him and I’m not an idiot.  That’s my assessment.  Pretty much how I’ve judged people my whole life.  

And you are correct about Trump Derangement Syndrome being an affliction.  Where you get lost is that those so afflicts are his staunchest supporters. 

Didn't you just say that a person was unqualified for his nominated position because of lack of experience, then render a diagnosis for which you have no training or experience? Did I get that right? And I noticed, as did everyone else, you failed to offer any evidence or symptoms for which you based your amateur analysis. Let me guess...you started writing these points of emphasis, then realized how silly they were before the submit button was pressed. That's understandable. On many occasions making an unsubstantiated statement with little forethought often loses it's luster immediately after a little introspective meditation.

45 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Didn't you just say that a person was unqualified for his nominated position because of lack of experience, then render a diagnosis for which you have no training or experience? Did I get that right? And I noticed, as did everyone else, you failed to offer any evidence or symptoms for which you based your amateur analysis. Let me guess...you started writing these points of emphasis, then realized how silly they were before the submit button was pressed. That's understandable. On many occasions making an unsubstantiated statement with little forethought often loses it's luster immediately after a little introspective meditation.

Yeah you got me.   Do you need another glass of kool aid or no?   Because there has obviously been no psychoanalysis of the President since his decision to run for office.  And heaven knows he hasn’t blubbered or blustered anything out of his humongous yapper that would substantiate that diagnosis.  Yeah, you’re right.  Just something I came up with.  Again, one more sip buddy :D 

24 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Now I need to enjoy this basketball game with REB rather than tending the sheeple...

You've learned well from the loons that stole your party. Make unsubstantiated, baseless and bloviated claims then attack anyone that disagrees as unstable, out-of-touch, and brainwashed...instead of debating the issue. I've learned that tactic also, although I will still debate the issues.

Tell me again...wait, tell me firstly what sentences have emanated from Trump's mouth that would obviously lead one to believe he has a "God complex"? (And I hope you don't sink forehead level into the cesspool of the Liberal camp by claiming I'm somehow defending Trump by having the audacity to question a claim.)

9 minutes ago, Englebert said:

You've learned well from the loons that stole your party. Make unsubstantiated, baseless and bloviated claims then attack anyone that disagrees as unstable, out-of-touch, and brainwashed...instead of debating the issue. I've learned that tactic also, although I will still debate the issues.

Tell me again...wait, tell me firstly what sentences have emanated from Trump's mouth that would obviously lead one to believe he has a "God complex"? (And I hope you don't sink forehead level into the cesspool of the Liberal camp by claiming I'm somehow defending Trump by having the audacity to question a claim.)

You are a master-de-bater.   No one from the left can touch your infallible tactics and logic.  And to for someone who claims he isn’t defending Trump, you sure spend a lot of time on this board, well, defending Trump.  But as for the time honored rear end patting among the Pubies on this board, and their “errr please provide examples, etc” - I first seriously have to ask if you know what a God complex is.  Because based on your incredulity, it serious seems like you don’t.  It’s hard to get to B when someone is lost at A. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

You are a master-de-bater.   No one from the left can touch your infallible tactics and logic.  And to for someone who claims he isn’t defending Trump, you sure spend a lot of time on this board, well, defending Trump.  But as for the time honored rear end patting among the Pubies on this board, and their “errr please provide examples, etc” - I first seriously have to ask if you know what a God complex is.  Because based on your incredulity, it serious seems like you don’t.  It’s hard to get to B when someone is lost at A. 

It is clear your diagnostic skills are severely lacking. I'm not lost in "A", I'm just waiting for you to expose your skills at diagnosing a disorder. And I'm still waiting. Your interpretation that I'm "defending" someone is a pretty clear example of said skills. You keep deflecting to me instead of answering a simple little question, which is a "time honored" tactic of the looney Liberals. I very much hope you are just employing their tactics (as am I) and not actually falling to the dark side. Many a good man have fallen victim to TDS.

The path to get to "B" is very, very simple. All you have to do is answer the question, "What leads you to believe that Trump has a God complex". Surely you must have some clue considering you made the accusation. I know, I know, let's talk more about me. Classic.

17 minutes ago, Englebert said:

It is clear your diagnostic skills are severely lacking. I'm not lost in "A", I'm just waiting for you to expose your skills at diagnosing a disorder. And I'm still waiting. Your interpretation that I'm "defending" someone is a pretty clear example of said skills. You keep deflecting to me instead of answering a simple little question, which is a "time honored" tactic of the looney Liberals. I very much hope you are just employing their tactics (as am I) and not actually falling to the dark side. Many a good man have fallen victim to TDS.

The path to get to "B" is very, very simple. All you have to do is answer the question, "What leads you to believe that Trump has a God complex". Surely you must have some clue considering you made the accusation. I know, I know, let's talk more about me. Classic.

Okay, assuming you know what it is (and I assume you do since you can google a definition of the complex), I find it rather silly to find a bunch of quotes that would lend credence to the idea that Trump has such a complex.  Virtually any time he opens his mouth, he tells you how great he is.  Do you actually believe he doesn’t have a vastly overinflated opinion of himself and his abilities?  If so, you aren’t nearly as smart as I believe you to be (and I do believe you to be, my ball busting this morning aside) or are wayyy more naive than I believe you to be (which I again don’t think that’s the case, but I suppose I could be convinced otherwise there).  

As to my experience with psychiatry, I am not a psychiatrist, psychologist or any kind of mental health professional.  I do deal with those issues routinely, and have had the great fortune of working with one of the best forensic psychiatrists in the world for the past 20 years.  I engage his services frequently and he is simply one of the best.  And he’s right here in Beaumont, TX, although he’s known across the country and the world for his talents.  Anything I know, I’ve learned from him and from picking the brain of my nephew who is a psychology professor in Oklahoma.  

The fact that I’m not licensed or trained in that field also means I’m not bound by the Goldwater rule and I’m simply offering an untrained opinion.  And I don’t pretend it to be more than that. 

But if you really want me to provide you with evidence of statements by the President that could certainly be argued exhibit the extreme narcissism that is symptomatic of this complex, I will be happy to copy and paste videos that you can spend the next several hours watching. 

Oh, and my apologies for any offense Eng, although I don’t think any was taken.  I really was just having some fun during timeouts at some basketball games this morning.   Peace and love - Hoops

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Okay, assuming you know what it is (and I assume you do since you can google a definition of the complex), I find it rather silly to find a bunch of quotes that would lend credence to the idea that Trump has such a complex.  Virtually any time he opens his mouth, he tells you how great he is.  Do you actually believe he doesn’t have a vastly overinflated opinion of himself and his abilities?  If so, you aren’t nearly as smart as I believe you to be (and I do believe you to be, my ball busting this morning aside) or are wayyy more naive than I believe you to be (which I again don’t think that’s the case, but I suppose I could be convinced otherwise there).  

As to my experience with psychiatry, I am not a psychiatrist, psychologist or any kind of mental health professional.  I do deal with those issues routinely, and have had the great fortune of working with one of the best forensic psychiatrists in the world for the past 20 years.  I engage his services frequently and he is simply one of the best.  And he’s right here in Beaumont, TX, although he’s known across the country and the world for his talents.  Anything I know, I’ve learned from him and from picking the brain of my nephew who is a psychology professor in Oklahoma.  

The fact that I’m not licensed or trained in that field also means I’m not bound by the Goldwater rule and I’m simply offering an untrained opinion.  And I don’t pretend it to be more than that. 

But if you really want me to provide you with evidence of statements by the President that could certainly be argued exhibit the extreme narcissism that is symptomatic of this complex, I will be happy to copy and paste videos that you can spend the next several hours watching. 

Oh, and my apologies for any offense Eng, although I don’t think any was taken.  I really was just having some fun during timeouts at some basketball games this morning.   Peace and love - Hoops

I was just having fun...and was fairly certain you were also. That's why I kept going with this. 

One thing I find offensive (and hilarious at the same time), is the wealth and abundance of "armchair psychologists" offering a diagnosis of someone based on very limited knowledge...knowledge that is usually cloaked in biased reporting. Never in my life have I heard/seen so many people accuse a person of being mentally unstable, only to cut and run when asked for evidence of this contention. Can you imagine if this many people, including many members of Congress, constantly questioned the sanity of Obama...and offered very little to zero evidence for this diagnosis. This behavior is so abundant that it has been informally given a catchy name: Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS). And I know how you like little catchy names, including "God Complex".

Since you believe that Trump suffers from the God complex syndrome (which is not a clinical term and is not included in the DSM V or any previous version) based on his use of grandiose statements and an overinflated opinion of himself, would you describe Obama as suffering from the same complex? I don't think there is a measurable (or even a smidgen...to use his words) of difference between the two egos. But I have a feeling the diagnosis will be different based on political affiliation. By the way, the clinical term probably closest to the God Complex is the Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and no psychologist worth his salt would diagnose Trump with this disorder, especially with such scarce and tainted data. Frankly, no psychologist/psychiatrist worth his salt would label/diagnose a person without prolonged personal interaction.

I have a feeling you are just using exaggerated terms for effect, and don't really consider Trump mentally unstable...but I'm not certain of this based on the number of Liberals who I feel really believe their own insanity (i.e. grandiose diagnostic skills).