Is PAM overrated?

Stattrax

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think we understand each other.  I expected WOS-like domination over the District and PAM fan expected to finish as co-champs at best after dropping a game or two each year.  

Wos had some one loss seasons as well.. I remember them going 8-2 and missing the playoffs

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

Point is he wanted NO parts of PA period... looks like we will just go on a streak of our own..

You barely survived this year with a BS phantom face mask call.  Without that BS call, Nederland wins and You're playing Manvel this week.  I'd encourage Barrow to put PAM on the schedule, NED on the rise, supposed to be a crap year, look at us now

2 hours ago, Brubaker said:

You barely survived this year with a BS phantom face mask call.  Without that BS call, Nederland wins and You're playing Manvel this week.  I'd encourage Barrow to put PAM on the schedule, NED on the rise, supposed to be a crap year, look at us now

Lol ok, a bs phantom face mask huh? Whatever helps you sleep better. I won't even mention all the bs calls that kept Nederland in the game. 

10 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

I figured this was coming.  We weren't good enough to overcome the calls.  Congrats to PAM, but the game came down to one bogus call

It is what it is, same thing goes for our game against the Indians. We should've never let it get decided by the refs. Instead, we got outcoached in the second half when we should've kept the foot on the gas. 

7 minutes ago, PAT409 said:

It is what it is, same thing goes for our game against the Indians. We should've never let it get decided by the refs. Instead, we got outcoached in the second half when we should've kept the foot on the gas. 

I'm glad were talking about the same BS calls in these two games

3 hours ago, Proud Dawg said:

If I were a memorial fan, I would be disappointed in the fact that 1 bad call in either game separates us from the mid county teams. Whether it be coaching, injuries, or whatever. 

That’s all I was saying. I expected PAM to be rag-dolling EVERYBODY in the District.  With the advantages that PAM has (bigger enrollment and quantity of talent) over the rest of the district, they should be talking about their shutout streak.... not complaining about refs costing them close games. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s all I was saying. I expected PAM to be rag-dolling EVERYBODY in the District.  With the advantages that PAM has (bigger enrollment and quantity of talent) over the rest of the district, they should be talking about their shutout streak.... not complaining about refs costing them close games. 

I agree with most of what you said except the whole enrollment thing. I've always hated that argument especially since we've barely had enough kids to put us in 6a just about our whole existence. No one gave PAM any sympathy when they played North Shore every year and they have literally TWICE as many kids. You play with the hand you were dealt and that's what they've been doing. Should PAM have done better? Ofcourse! They can always improve but we have always been limited by our coaching.

13 hours ago, Brubaker said:

His helmet came off!!! Lol.... I’m the one Titan fan that said Nederland was down last year and the beating that was handed out wasn’t right. This year they were healthy and should be back on track... you welcomed and have a seat 

8 hours ago, Proud Dawg said:

If I were a memorial fan, I would be disappointed in the fact that 1 bad call in either game separates us from the mid county teams. Whether it be coaching, injuries, or whatever. 

All I have to say is look at games prior to png and after... Nederland was prior and the play book for whatever reason was not open. They stuck with about 6 or 7 plays... no jet sweeps, no crossing routes,. We went under center more that game than any other. When that happened, Hines was getting the ball and Nederland knew it.

13 hours ago, Brubaker said:

His helmet  was ripped off.  Don't  go complaining about  officiating  now.:)

It’s amazing how much hatred exists between two rivals. Instead of hating each other, y’all need to be concerned with improving how other districts in the look at this one. Here’s a perfect chance for y’all to prove to others that this is not the pushover district they think it is. During district play I can understand but this is the playoffs. It is time to support all teams in this area. Not try and tear each other down. Good luck and best wishes to all because the further each team advances the better the entire area looks.

39 minutes ago, Proud Dawg said:

Maybe the playbook was not opened up had more to do with prep by the defense and what Nederland took away then coaching on memorial sideline

I can agree with that cause Nederland had the mind set of someone else going to have to beat us but Hines and Xbox thought Hines could out run the defense.

3 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

It’s amazing how much hatred exists between two rivals. Instead of hating each other, y’all need to be concerned with improving how other districts in the look at this one. Here’s a perfect chance for y’all to prove to others that this is not the pushover district they think it is. During district play I can understand but this is the playoffs. It is time to support all teams in this area. Not try and tear each other down. Good luck and best wishes to all because the further each team advances the better the entire area looks.

Dude when 3 of 8 teams dominate a district and it falls off after #3,the district is cupcake. Period. Maybe if central and ozen combine

13 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Dude when 3 of 8 teams dominate a district and it falls off after #3,the district is cupcake. Period. Maybe if central and ozen combine

I don’t even think central and ozen combining will make that much of a difference.

Whether people think PAM is overrated or not is a matter of opinion, regardless I think we can all agree that they make our district better.