Is PAM overrated?

Stattrax

15 minutes ago, PAT said:

Doesn’t Wos have open enrollment and known for recruiting players?

Open enrollment? Yes (as do most school districts in Texas)? 

Recruiting of players is a baseless rumor started by folks jealous of success.  Fact is that over the last few years, Mustangs have been poached and are not the poachers.

6 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Open enrollment? Yes (as do most school districts in Texas)? 

Recruiting of players is a baseless rumor started by folks jealous of success.  Fact is that over the last few years, Mustangs have been poached and are not the poachers.

^^Chris Winters?

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I don't think so, Chris spent a significant time in the LC-M CISD so I can't claim that one.

I was thinking more of Dillon Sterling-Cole, Trey Baldwin and brother Starrland Baldwin.

Coached Chris in baseball. One heck of an athlete!

12 hours ago, pakronos said:

this year besides that fluke or whatever in candyland, the nederland game was close due to one, nederland did their homework. straight up. also for whatever reason, xbox did not open the playbook up. look at all the games prior to the png game. the offense ran the same 5-7 plays. now, both teams had to play on a wet field...one team was better equipped. PAM never changed shoes or cleats on hines and jones. they could not cut like they normally do. so outside that, NO games have been in question.

Always an excuse! Now it's the cleats.  

13 minutes ago, FishingNDN said:

The sheer number of excuses from Pakronos is laughable....grown man making excuses like a little kid...geez smh 

What’s the excuse oh great and powerful oz??? If you had a lick of sense, it’s not your fault, you missing a chromosome, look at game footage and you can see everything I’m saying about the footing in th Nederland game, the play calling and compare it to other games... hmm could it be citizen of candy land that pam is being talked about more than the overrated cheating injuns and y’all need attention ??? Why are you even on a PAM thread anyway?? I know a closet fan boy started it, but geez

3 minutes ago, FishingNDN said:

“The PNG game was a fluke”....”we were beating Katy til Gorrer got hurt”.....”we w

The Katy game is fact and you can look at the footage and score when he got hurt. He locked down the wr that was tourching other teams and they couldn’t run on us. Soon as the freshman corner came in the game they through his way and we never made adjustments. Harmon who was picking them apart was out with a possible concussion. I’m sorry y’all not worthy of greatness. Jealous much?

Memorial has done well. District is supposed to prepare you for the playoffs. The team they lost to last year - Temple- played in the state championship game. Memorial would have been in Dallas if not for that loss.

As for WOS they didn't immediately dominate when they moved to 3A. They're good teams all around.  It took another drop in size and a really special class to get the three now four year run they're on.

If anything Memorial will be in better shape following the split as they'll play up to the competition they'll face in the playoffs. Playing Lumberton, Ozen, Livingston and Central doesn't do the Titans any favors. (Not a knock on those schools they're basically 4A and PAM is darn near 6A. I'm pretty sure memorial JV could beat those teams varsity on any given Friday) Its more like glorified scrimmages and bad habits can be formed playing down a level.  

Instead of worrying about one loss appreciate what you have and cheer them on.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, NoPAK said:

My assumption of PAM was that when they entered the district they would be unbeatable. Gobs of D1 talent, huge numbers for enrollment, a plethora of talent going 3 deep in some positions. But after the 2 years, do you feel they have done anything to distance themselves from the rest of the "Cupcake" district. IMO, the numbers would say NO.....

So if we are assuming that PAM with more talent, more numbers for enrollment , etc and can only manage to share a district

title. Then can the same  be assumed about PNG? You have one of the top dual threat QB in the nation going on 2 years and can only get a share of the title, even against weak teams he has to go all 4 qts because there is no depth at QB, lost MCM  AGAIN, had to put RJ in on defense just to beat Crosby.  So IMO the talent level at 225A is about the same over the last few years for those schools that are getting into the playoffs.

20 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Memorial has done well. District is supposed to prepare you for the playoffs. The team they lost to last year - Temple- played in the state championship game. Memorial would have been in Dallas if not for that loss.

As for WOS they didn't immediately dominate when they moved to 3A. They're good teams all around.  It took another drop in size and a really special class to get the three now four year run they're on.

If anything Memorial will be in better shape following the split as they'll play up to the competition they'll face in the playoffs. Playing Lumberton, Ozen, Livingston and Central doesn't do the Titans any favors. (Not a knock on those schools they're basically 4A and PAM is darn near 6A. I'm pretty sure memorial JV could beat those teams varsity on any given Friday) Its more like glorified scrimmages and bad habits can be formed playing down a level.  

WOS has been dominating the district for a lot longer than the last three to four years.  Somebody can correct me, but I think they've only lost one district game since 09 or something like that. 

You're kinda making my point for me.... if PAMs JV could beat most of the district's varsity squads, why does PAM keep ending up as co-champs?

On 11/20/2017 at 8:37 PM, pakronos said:

no sir...PA Lincoln molly whopped BOTH mid county schools by alot...after that, they ran for years never facing us again till now...jammal ran wild on wos in a game like scrimmage and never heard from them again.

Maybe in basketball but not in football.  :)

Nederland vs Port Arthur Lincoln    

Nederland wins series 15-12-1    

1967 TIE 20    20
1968 Nederland 41     0
1969 Port Arthur Lincoln 19     21
1970 Port Arthur Lincoln 0       22
1971 Port Arthur Lincoln 14    47
1972 Port Arthur Lincoln 0 41
1973 Port Arthur Lincoln 7 20
1974 Nederland 30 16
1975 Port Arthur Lincoln 0 27
1976 Nederland 34 27
1977 Port Arthur Lincoln 0 13
1978 Nederland 9 8
1979 Port Arthur Lincoln 14 21
1980 Port Arthur Lincoln 9 33
1988 Nederland 28 13
1989 Port Arthur Lincoln 27 32
1990 Port Arthur Lincoln 6 25
1991 Nederland 19 6
1992 Nederland 34 21
1993 Nederland 36 27
1994 Nederland 43 15
1995 Nederland 14 6
1996 Nederland 28 7
1997 Nederland 54 13
1998 Nederland 50 21
1999 Nederland 59 12
2000 Nederland 24 21
2001 Port Arthur Lincoln 8 42

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Winning district is not the goal going to state is. WOS could care less about district and winning a first round game. Anything less than the region finals would be a disappointment.

WOS didn't dominate in the playoffs the first decade moving down. They were good but so were other teams in the region.

Memorial going 3-4 deep is a great season.  They'll do that.

If you have a good team and you're just aiming for a district title you're selling yourself short. There's life outside the golden triangle.

WOS has been dominating the district for a lot longer than the last three to four years.  Somebody can correct me, but I think they've only lost one district game since 09 or something like that. 

You're kinda making my point for me.... if PAMs JV could beat most of the district's varsity squads, why does PAM keep ending up as co-champs?

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

8 hours ago, bigdog said:

Maybe in basketball but not in football.  :)

Nederland vs Port Arthur Lincoln    

Nederland wins series 15-12-1    

1967 TIE 20    20
1968 Nederland 41     0
1969 Port Arthur Lincoln 19     21
1970 Port Arthur Lincoln 0       22
1971 Port Arthur Lincoln 14    47
1972 Port Arthur Lincoln 0 41
1973 Port Arthur Lincoln 7 20
1974 Nederland 30 16
1975 Port Arthur Lincoln 0 27
1976 Nederland 34 27
1977 Port Arthur Lincoln 0 13
1978 Nederland 9 8
1979 Port Arthur Lincoln 14 21
1980 Port Arthur Lincoln 9 33
1988 Nederland 28 13
1989 Port Arthur Lincoln 27 32
1990 Port Arthur Lincoln 6 25
1991 Nederland 19 6
1992 Nederland 34 21
1993 Nederland 36 27
1994 Nederland 43 15
1995 Nederland 14 6
1996 Nederland 28 7
1997 Nederland 54 13
1998 Nederland 50 21
1999 Nederland 59 12
2000 Nederland 24 21
2001 Port Arthur Lincoln 8 42

meaning the last year lincoln was around

On 11/21/2017 at 8:07 AM, CardinalBacker said:

Most meaning lumberton, Lee, Livingston, ozen, maybe central... THATS MOST OF THE TEAMS IN THE DISTRICT. Nederland and png is the only teams that come close as far as competition... don’t be ignorant 

18 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Don’t go there. I said once Lincoln got it turned around and thumped Nederland, y’all didn’t want anymore cause I guess Neumann seen what was coming

Ok, and it had nothing to do with the fact that Lincoln no longer existed because PA merged the schools.  lol.

4 hours ago, pakronos said:

Most meaning lumberton, Lee, Livingston, ozen, maybe central... THATS MOST OF THE TEAMS IN THE DISTRICT. Nederland and png is the only teams that come close as far as competition... don’t be ignorant 

I think we understand each other.  I expected WOS-like domination over the District and PAM fan expected to finish as co-champs at best after dropping a game or two each year.  

5 hours ago, bigdog said:

Ok, and it had nothing to do with the fact that Lincoln no longer existed because PA merged the schools.  lol.

that was 20 years ago.  

On 11/20/2017 at 7:25 PM, pakronos said:

the DC is not included withthe rest of the xbox nation. that man has fire and passion. we can here him in the stands. i noticed overall the defense can have a good series and have a 3 and out. let somebody mess up, he will let them know. thats what the offense needs to do