Is PAM overrated?

Stattrax

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I don't think they are overrated.  But I do feel they may not reach their potential because of coaching.

the DC is not included withthe rest of the xbox nation. that man has fire and passion. we can here him in the stands. i noticed overall the defense can have a good series and have a 3 and out. let somebody mess up, he will let them know. thats what the offense needs to do

7 minutes ago, pakronos said:

this year besides that fluke or whatever in candyland, the nederland game was close due to one, nederland did their homework. straight up. also for whatever reason, xbox did not open the playbook up. look at all the games prior to the png game. the offense ran the same 5-7 plays. now, both teams had to play on a wet field...one team was better equipped. PAM never changed shoes or cleats on hines and jones. they could not cut like they normally do. so outside that, NO games have been in question.

Wasn't just talking about this year.

34 minutes ago, pakronos said:

what is your definition of dominate?? the cupcake teams they have won with ease and blown out. LAST year png was beat with no issues. on a 4th and 1 which clearly hughs was a good yard short, gave them a 1 st and scored making the game LOOK closer than it was. now, lets break down who have  strong teams in the D1 bracket...Manvel and seems as though Temple has come on...outside of those two teams, who else in D1 region 3 can really challenge PAM?? this year, PAM is healty and temple is a little bit down, but still good. 4th rd will be a true test. either we face manvel or a rematch with nederland...honestly i prefer manvel. you kinda know what to expect. that will lead PAM into false hope thinking they re gonna just beat nederland because they did it before. but gotta get past temple first.

Nederland done for. If Johnson can run for 300 and 5tds on wet grass when you know he was the ONLY option, manvel will murder them. Our game was against ned was yet another flat day from our qb plus bad coaching. They held right when played and called a horrible game. Thats all the credit they get from this old coach.

9 minutes ago, pakronos said:

front seven improved. secondary fell off some what. i made fun of bambi because of the stupid sacks and picks at the wrong time. however, if jones didn't give it up as much he can be deadly. to me the passing is about the same. the wr's are not bad, especially with x there. they all were new to us instead of the 2 year corp we are use to. i think we are better this year, even xbox somewhat seems to be a little better.

They actually have a better receiving core imo.  Francis and Hull can take the top off of any D.  The sophmore #89 and junior #19 are good young wrs.  They have a big TE that is under utilized imo.  A rb that can catch it out the backfield.  I haven't seen too many dropped balls this yr.  Inconsistent passing is more of a problem than the receivers.  The running and passing game was better last year overall.  Their inconsistent pass game and suspect secondary could be this teams downfall against equal talent goin forward.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wasn't just talking about this year.

last year it was no close district games besides the last one. no struggling. key people got hurt in a blowout second rd playoff game last year and was unavailable for temple with hines being the main one. he never touched the field.

12 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I agree! Which leads me to ask this question, why does it seem like the most talented teams in this area always seem to have poor coaching?

I have to agree with you about coaching, at least on the offense side of the ball. It looks like he gets in his on way some time with the bone headed play calling. But I will say this he gets way more out of his players than the previous 2 head coaches did.

14 minutes ago, PortArthur33 said:

What qt did Hines get hurt in that2nd round game last yr?

not sure, but the following game he was out. angelle got hurt in the 2nd rd as well with a shoulder injury...i don't know why martin isn't seeing more carries this year. placing him at linebacker?? really?? kid is 5'3 literally and is a little cannon ball and fast when he runs

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

All jokes aside, I thought PAM would be undefeated in District play after two years.  Their larger enrollment and stable of athletes made me believe they’d be unstoppable against local 5A teams. 

Back-to-back co-district champs is what I believe they’ve accomplished, and that’s nothing to be ashamed of. I just expected domination and that’s not what I’m seeing. Overrated? I don’t think so. Not living up to my expectations? Yes. 

Agree. PAM definitely has the talent, but lacking in quality coaching. That’s a shame with the talent on that team. 

1 hour ago, NoPAK said:

Jammal is a good dude. He is actually my neighbor. Me and his brother Shan-D are good friends. He was unreal in his day at Lincoln as well. Broke some Eric Dickerson records while at S.M.U. before a back injury halted his football career.

Jamaal is your neighbor? So this must be Peveto!

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

what is your definition of dominate?? the cupcake teams they have won with ease and blown out. LAST year png was beat with no issues. on a 4th and 1 which clearly hughs was a good yard short, gave them a 1 st and scored making the game LOOK closer than it was. now, lets break down who have  strong teams in the D1 bracket...Manvel and seems as though Temple has come on...outside of those two teams, who else in D1 region 3 can really challenge PAM?? this year, PAM is healty and temple is a little bit down, but still good. 4th rd will be a true test. either we face manvel or a rematch with nederland...honestly i prefer manvel. you kinda know what to expect. that will lead PAM into false hope thinking they re gonna just beat nederland because they did it before. but gotta get past temple first.

My definition of dominate? What WOS does to their district year in and year out. I  (and it’s okay to admit that you did, too) expected the Titans to lay waste to everybody in the District.... not just the cupcakes.  That’s just not happening.  

PAM is in the mix at the top of the district... I just expected them to be head and shoulders above everybody else.  

You guys have a good team... I just expected greatness. Good luck  

9 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Memorial had to combine three schools in order to just  compete with the mid county teams.

no sir...PA Lincoln molly whopped BOTH mid county schools by alot...after that, they ran for years never facing us again till now...jammal ran wild on wos in a game like scrimmage and never heard from them again.

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

My definition of dominate? What WOS does to their district year in and year out. I  (and it’s okay to admit that you did, too) expected the Titans to lay waste to everybody in the District.... not just the cupcakes.  That’s just not happening.  

PAM is in the mix at the top of the district... I just expected them to be head and shoulders above everybody else.  

You guys have a good team... I just expected greatness. Good luck  

wos have a WEAK district. lets face it. wos is blessed to have the athletes they have. other schools in that classification don't have alot of kids walking the halls with football talent or the real desire to play until they start getting say 4th rd, then they start facing better comp. place wos back in our district, they don't win state. playoffs and 3-4 rds...like they did when they was in the district. district wise they are above everyone. 16-2(regular season) overall is not shabby. including playoffs, 19-3 about to be 20-3...that's not bad.

16 minutes ago, pakronos said:

wos have a WEAK district. lets face it. wos is blessed to have the athletes they have. other schools in that classification don't have alot of kids walking the halls with football talent or the real desire to play until they start getting say 4th rd, then they start facing better comp. place wos back in our district, they don't win state. playoffs and 3-4 rds...like they did when they was in the district. district wise they are above everyone. 16-2(regular season) overall is not shabby. including playoffs, 19-3 about to be 20-3...that's not bad.

Come on man! We only have a fraction of the students. We have no business in that district. IJS