Is PAM overrated?

Stattrax

5 minutes ago, ciscokid1989 said:

This team is better than the Team from last year I'll b very disappointed if we don't reach the regional final

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

I feel like we had better qb play and nore consisten wr play last year.

I felt li Like the defense took.away both pass and run equally well last year. Credit to vincent jr.

To my eyes, we got better running the ball, worse at passing and worse at pass defense. Depending on.how u.see the  they either improved or stayed about the same.  

3 hours ago, PortArthur33 said:

Funny thing is that PNG will come back down from their 3 yr high after next season and PAM will still be doin what its doing now.  Nederland will still own mid county as they did this yr even

with the star qb.  

We'll be good. Hate to see RJ go, but we have talent coming up. Not worried. I can't argue the Nederland thing.....

All jokes aside, I thought PAM would be undefeated in District play after two years.  Their larger enrollment and stable of athletes made me believe they’d be unstoppable against local 5A teams. 

Back-to-back co-district champs is what I believe they’ve accomplished, and that’s nothing to be ashamed of. I just expected domination and that’s not what I’m seeing. Overrated? I don’t think so. Not living up to my expectations? Yes. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

All jokes aside, I thought PAM would be undefeated in District play after two years.  Their larger enrollment and stable of athletes made me believe they’d be unstoppable against local 5A teams. 

Back-to-back co-district champs is what I believe they’ve accomplished, and that’s nothing to be ashamed of. I just expected domination and that’s not what I’m seeing. Overrated? I don’t think so. Not living up to my expectations? Yes. 

what is your definition of dominate?? the cupcake teams they have won with ease and blown out. LAST year png was beat with no issues. on a 4th and 1 which clearly hughs was a good yard short, gave them a 1 st and scored making the game LOOK closer than it was. now, lets break down who have  strong teams in the D1 bracket...Manvel and seems as though Temple has come on...outside of those two teams, who else in D1 region 3 can really challenge PAM?? this year, PAM is healty and temple is a little bit down, but still good. 4th rd will be a true test. either we face manvel or a rematch with nederland...honestly i prefer manvel. you kinda know what to expect. that will lead PAM into false hope thinking they re gonna just beat nederland because they did it before. but gotta get past temple first.

6 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Sad to see him have all the injuries in the NFL, he was something special!

Jammal is a good dude. He is actually my neighbor. Me and his brother Shan-D are good friends. He was unreal in his day at Lincoln as well. Broke some Eric Dickerson records while at S.M.U. before a back injury halted his football career.

4 minutes ago, NoPAK said:

Jammal is a good dude. He is actually my neighbor. Me and his brother Shan-D are good friends. He was unreal in his day at Lincoln as well. Broke some Eric Dickerson records while at S.M.U. before a back injury halted his football career.

Dang that’s pretty cool! Hopefully you got some autographs lol

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Sometimes it's just not meant to b. That's how football goes as long as we can reach the regional finals I'll b good. I like this team the front seven is good just gotta be creative on defense

1 hour ago, Bumblebeesting said:

I feel like we had better qb play and nore consisten wr play last year.

I felt li Like the defense took.away both pass and run equally well last year. Credit to vincent jr.

To my eyes, we got better running the ball, worse at passing and worse at pass defense. Depending on.how u.see the  they either improved or stayed about the same.  

front seven improved. secondary fell off some what. i made fun of bambi because of the stupid sacks and picks at the wrong time. however, if jones didn't give it up as much he can be deadly. to me the passing is about the same. the wr's are not bad, especially with x there. they all were new to us instead of the 2 year corp we are use to. i think we are better this year, even xbox somewhat seems to be a little better.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I honestly thought with the numbers and talent, after Memorial dropped down they would not lose a single district game and none of the games would be remotely close.

I was wrong

this year besides that fluke or whatever in candyland, the nederland game was close due to one, nederland did their homework. straight up. also for whatever reason, xbox did not open the playbook up. look at all the games prior to the png game. the offense ran the same 5-7 plays. now, both teams had to play on a wet field...one team was better equipped. PAM never changed shoes or cleats on hines and jones. they could not cut like they normally do. so outside that, NO games have been in question.