Nederland 42 Bridge City 34/FINAL

WOSgrad

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They still haven't played the big 3, and BC isn't anywhere near that.  I hope you're right though (about his/their off game).  

Go watch them. Draw your own conclusions.

I will see them and Hefner play this Monday against LC-M. Will see Ned several times this season, not just against "your" big 3.

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Go watch them. Draw your own conclusions.

I will see them and Hefner play this Monday against LC-M. Will see Ned several times this season, not just against "your" big 3.

Well, I plan on seeing the kid play. And it's not 'MY' big 3.  They are the  3.  Ozen and Central almost ALWAYS finish in the top 3 in district.  Memorial is an added piece and will slide right in and make it top 3 as Memorial was pretty good even in 6a in talented districts.  And we all know our local 5a basketball district is EXTREMELY top heavy..

I really shouldn't have to explain this to a 'basketball guy'...

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Not to be the bearer of bad news but outside of SETX, that district has a big one this year, Memorial.  And you can’t be a big 3 if you can’t beat a team a whole classification under you.  We’ll see how the other two of your three do against the little Tigers to your north.  

One thing about these little Tigers, they are going to compete and even now will be capable of beating most anyone put in front of them. But we won’t have One or two starters including our main post in Barnes until football is over.  I won’t expect us to be in true form until around the first of the year.  We do have the trio of McCain, Adams and Bush and a few more which keeps us right there competing and winning.

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Not to be the bearer of bad news but outside of SETX, that district has a big one this year, Memorial.  And you can’t be a big 3 if you can’t beat a team a whole classification under you.  We’ll see how the other two of your three do against the little Tigers to your north.  

I'm aware of how good Memorial is.  But I've already explained why I called them the big 3.  And using Silsbee as a gage is weak because Silsbee will beat anyone in SETX with little to no problem, including Memorial.  

Big 3, meaning big 3 in district.. 

39 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm aware of how good Memorial is.  But I've already explained why I called them the big 3.  And using Silsbee as a gage is weak because Silsbee will beat anyone in SETX with little to no problem, including Memorial.  

Big 3, meaning big 3 in district.. 

A full strength Silsbee, not the current Silsbee. And at full strength, it would be close.

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...And most seem to agree that AAU coaches can coach just because they're former NBA players... But that's another topic for another day.  

Uh, PAM scrimmaged Silsbee just a week or so ago at North Shore. Score was 33-17 PAM. Varsity coaches were coaching.

Now, Silsbee was without Bush and the football players.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Uh, PAM scrimmaged Silsbee just a week or so ago at North Shore. Score was 33-17 PAM. Varsity coaches were coaching.

Now, Silsbee was without Bush and the football players.

Was that the second scrimmage, if so Adams may not have played as well having tweaked his ankle some in the prior scrimmage.