Doug Ethridge

ciscokid1989

3 hours ago, ciscokid1989 said:

The Best Indian coach of all times Doug Ethridge is he still living. When he moved on to Pasadena we played a lot of playoff games there him n my coach Richard Marler were tight. His teams dominated the 70s

Yes, he's still living.  Lives south of Fort Worth.  I know him personally.  Good man!

Back in the 70's, it was referred to as the University of PNG.  No one could understand how a  school with a relatively small enrollment could win so much.  One thing that still,lingers in my memory, when the wideouts went down to block, the corners ended up on the ground.  Great technique/coaching.

Not to take anything away from Coach Etheridge, but imo, he was surrounded by a great staff also.

12 hours ago, Reagan said:

Yes, he's still living.  Lives south of Fort Worth.  I know him personally.  Good man!

He moved to Round Rock first his salary at 40K was the highest paid at the time in fact they had to give the Principal a raise because the AD/HC cant make more than the HS Principal he   then moved to Pasadena.  Yes, he did have a great staff after the State Champ in 75  lost Davis, Nunez, Bush, Carswell I cant think of any others  He came to the yearly State Championship reunions until 10 or so years ago, Butch too and Nunez a couple of times.  He was in for the 2015 MCM (40 years I cant believe)  and banquet at the Pompano.   I talk to Richey several times a month  One of is properties  was wiped out in Rockport by Harvey.  The Lug would have been an all state MLB just as easy as Qb.