#3 Woodville (8-1)(5-0) vs Hempstead (3-6)(2-3) // Bi-district Playoff

**7:30pm Mustang Stadium, Madisonville, Texas**

**Woodville Eagles live radio broadcast on SETXSports.com**

**Winner plays Malakoff/Rockdale in area round**

Woodville and Hempstead travel to Madisonville to play thid first round bi-district match on Friday. Woodville is coming off a commanding 34-6 win over Coldspring-Oakhurst to capture the District 11-3A title and #1 seed. Hempstead beat Hardin pretty convincingly, 34-14, to maneuver their way into the playoffs as the 4th seed out of District 12-3A.

Both teams have weapons at their disposal and athletes on both sides of the ball. I think Woodville's arsenal is much more talented and much deeper than Hempstead's and will prove to be too much for the Bobcats. Hempstead will come ready to play and be well-coached, and the Eagles can't take them lightly. I believe Coach Robinson and his staff will have the Eagles focused and ready to go. Woodville pulls away in the second half and moves on to a very interesting Area Round match-up.....

Woodville 48

Hempstead 20

4 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Woodville advances here fairly easily.. or it should be. Next round will be there last IMO whether it’s against Rockdale or Malakoff.

I'd rather Malakoff, to be honest. They've got less of a passing attack and play into our strengths more than Rockdale. Either way, it will be a great game. Not completely sure why you're so convinced it'll be our last round though lol

42 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I'd rather Malakoff, to be honest. They've got less of a passing attack and play into our strengths more than Rockdale. Either way, it will be a great game. Not completely sure why you're so convinced it'll be our last round though lol

I’m just a realist when it comes to certain matchups against teams outside of SETX. Unless it’s Newton or WOS. By all means I hope Woodville proves me wrong but when I said there was no way Woodville would beat Yoe last season people said I was wrong. 

5 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I’m just a realist when it comes to certain matchups against teams outside of SETX. Unless it’s Newton or WOS. By all means I hope Woodville proves me wrong but when I said there was no way Woodville would beat Yoe last season people said I was wrong. 

You have to agree that both Rockdale and Malakoff,  at least on paper and film, are much more favorable match ups than Yoe was last year. Both of these teams are run-heavy, with Rockdale being the more balanced attack of the two. I appreciate the support though. It happens once in a blue moon. I feel like I should screenshot and save it lol