DannyShapiroBE

Letter Jackets

33 posts in this topic

Anyone who played from a few years ago (5, 10, 20, 50 years ago, doesn't matter), still have their letter jackets? How has it held up? Still wear it?

WOSGrad - if this is the wrong forum for this question, my bad.

4 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

Anyone who played from a few years ago (5, 10, 20, 50 years ago, doesn't matter), still have their letter jackets? How has it held up? Still wear it?

Nope. That's fine.  I'd be interested to see the results.  I can imagine some pretty good tales coming out of this one.

DannyShapiroBE likes this

41 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

Have mine from 11 years ago. Pretty sure it’s still in decent condition hanging in a closet at my grandparents house lol.

prepballfan likes this

i still have mine, in the closet. It is a keepsake that you can show of to your kids. Also one will get their letter jacket on the hottest day of the year and wear it with pride, because it is one of the things in high-school that is earned.

Thank you to everyone who's responded so far.

I'm writing a story about letter jackets, so anyone who commented and wouldn't mind being quoted in this story and could give me some more information, please send me a PM. Thank you!

2 hours ago, jv_coach said:

i still have mine, in the closet. It is a keepsake that you can show of to your kids. Also one will get their letter jacket on the hottest day of the year and wear it with pride, because it is one of the things in high-school that is earned.

Ehhh, when they started giving them for UIL and Ag, they stopped being so prestigious.

7 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Ehhh, when they started giving them for UIL and Ag, they stopped being so prestigious.

One Act Play letter jackets are a joke

1970 here. Been in a container a good many years now. Took it out once a year or so ago. It has held up pretty good but I should've ordered a larger size for sure!!

jv_coach likes this