La Marque 42 Coldspring-Oakhurst 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

For me it isn't as much about the type of offense or defense they choose to run. Everyone has their ideas of what works and what doesn't. 

It is things like clock management. The first game against Huntsville that you referenced we had the ball with very little time to go in the first half. We were on our side of the field. We could easily have run out the clock, but instead threw 3 incomplete passes, then went for it on 4th down and turned the ball over with time for Huntsville to take 3 shots at the end zone. This has continued to happen for several years now. Several games I have watched is with a less than one touchdown lead snap the ball with 12 or 15 seconds on the play clock for the entire series,and then give the other team 1 or 2 minutes on offense to try and come back on us. In Kountze this year, we called all of our timeouts in the 4th quarter to try to score another touchdown with a huge lead. Why? Because the coaches had a bet going on how many passes they could throw in a game! The coaching staff does not know how to win!! They waste talent and are losing players because of it. Our best player last year who had several offers from D1 colleges almost didn't play his senior year, because of the coaching issues that plague this team.Community members had to talk the young man into playing and he had to get his schedule changed to get back into athletics for his senior year because he was seriously done with them. By the way, he has 2 brothers who play in college, so he knows a little something about how it works and had legitimate offers to go play. Instead he is in welding school because he doesn't want to play football anymore.  They killed his love for the game and made him not want to be around it.   But as I have said before, the only reason Coldspring isn't as good anymore is because the talent just isn't there, or so they tell me.  But as our AD and head coach says, he cares as much about 7th grade volleyball as he does about Varsity football! I guess that is why he hired a 7th grade volleyball coach to be the varsity volleyball coach! If all of the teams lose then people can't complain about you favoring one sport over the others!

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

When you have the kind of success that Coldspring had and then roll the coach, well...... you get what you get and don't throw a fit.  

Only a handful of people wanted to change coaches. Main one was a sorry excuse for a superintendent, who didn't care because he had no intention of staying long enough to see the damage happen. Unfortunately we had a group of spineless school board members who went along with it! I voiced my opinion then with the school board and remind them all the time that this manure show is their doing! Doesn't help the kids much though! Their high school years are being taken up by this losing program! 

22 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

When you have the kind of success that Coldspring had and then roll the coach, well...... you get what you get and don't throw a fit.  

I definitely know how CS fans feel. Kinda funny how their old coach seems to be doing pretty good. Maybe when a town finds a great coach they should appreciate it. Same teams are good year end and year out for a reason.

Both guys in Shepherd are great coaches. But there are a few more there that do just great of a job. Shepherd has put together a very, very good coaching staff. Trust me those guys know what's going on in Coldspring and Cleveland both.

I had a whole bunch wrote up for both schools but it's not worth getting into, just say sometimes you get what you deserve.  Don't blame a Supt. and School board when you as the community voted them in.

We will do everything we can to keep both coaches in Shepherd. The community is very happy with them both.