San Augustine 55 Deweyville 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Deweyville Pirates begin their Class 2A, Division I playoff trek tonight as the take on the San Augustine Wolves in bi-district play!  Brandon Prouse's Pirates, 4-5 on the season, finished 12-2A-I play as the #4 seed, while the Wolves, 10-0 on the season, finished 11-2A-I play as the district champions.

The winner of this game will face Wolfe City, a 21-20 winner over Union Grove last night.

Join Gary Stelly and John Kimbrough for all of the action from the Carrol A. "Butch" Thomas Educational Support Center in Beaumont at 7:30 by tuning your radio to AM 1600 KOGT or by clicking on the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Deweyville Pirate Playoff Football on Your Hometown Radio Station, AM 1600 KOGT and Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

14 hours ago, Grayghost said:

The beat down has begun!!

Kudos to the Pirates for making the playoffs.  Unfortunately, they drew the #1 team in the state.  And kudos to the Coach at Tenaha for keeping it to 55 points.  It'll be a few games in before the Tigers have an opponent who'll give them any kind of a test.  I've only seen them play once, several years back, but even then they gained my respect as a well coached Team.

Good luck to them!

On November 18, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Grayghost said:

The beat down has begun!!

Lol, getting my games/teams mixed up.  Senior moment, but I doubt there's much difference in the Wolves and the Tigers this year.  Both formidable opponents.

Good luck to the SA Wolves also.  Should be in the finals.

On 11/19/2017 at 8:46 PM, REBgp said:

Lol, getting my games/teams mixed up.  Senior moment, but I doubt there's much difference in the Wolves and the Tigers this year.  Both formidable opponents.

Good luck to the SA Wolves also.  Should be in the finals.

At 74, I have them all the time.

3 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Rebs well over 100......lol.......

That's the low number on my bp, not my age, thank you very much.  Besides, I'm just a youngster up beside Grayghost at 72.  But I'll admit he seems to function better.  I still think I'm young, but my body and brain don't agree. :)