U.S. Postal Service

stevenash

While FedEx and UPS both remain profitable enterprises, the U.S. Postal service just announced an annual loss of 2.7 billion dollars.  Could all of you advocates of more government explain why we need more government intervention in conducting or controlling the conduct of businesses in this country?  Is it because Bernie and Elizabeth Warren think that is the way to go?

Sadly Both UPS and FedEx use the postal service to deliver packages for them. They make money by charging you to deliver and then paying the post office to deliver it for them!! Besides, what kind of business comes up with the idea that if you come to my office and pick up your stuff I charge you a yearly fee, but I will deliver it to you for free all year?  Pizza Hut and Dominos both figured out it costs more for delivery than take out, but the post office works backwards!

On 11/15/2017 at 11:23 PM, stevenash said:

While FedEx and UPS both remain profitable enterprises, the U.S. Postal service just announced an annual loss of 2.7 billion dollars.  Could all of you advocates of more government explain why we need more government intervention in conducting or controlling the conduct of businesses in this country?  Is it because Bernie and Elizabeth Warren think that is the way to go?

So -- why is it allowed to continue in this losing form?

On 11/15/2017 at 11:23 PM, stevenash said:

All my mail is junk mail. My bills are paid online. Every now and then I get something worth delivering.