CBB 2017/2018

BS Wildcats

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I’m sorry but I love watching Grayson Allen play.  He can shoot the heck out of the ball and has made some great passes on this run too.  You can tell he just loves playing CBB.  86-79 Duke with 27 seconds left. 

I'll give him credit, he is good.  The punk moves he made last year can make one dislike him a lot, self included.

PK80 is a 16 team tourney in honor of Phil Knight’s 80th B-Day.  This will be one of the deepest fields outside of the tourney that we have ever seen.  Games all day on Thanksgiving will get me out of watching the NFL!  Should be a fun tourney

This is the hidden content, please

11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

PK80 is a 16 team tourney in honor of Phil Knight’s 80th B-Day.  This will be one of the deepest fields outside of the tourney that we have ever seen.  Games all day on Thanksgiving will get me out of watching the NFL!  Should be a fun tourney

I was planning on going until Georgetown pulled out.  Planning on enjoying it over the weekend though. 

14 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Bagley is the best player in the country 

Without question.  

I think you will see a Ben Simmons type transition to the NBA as well.   Bagley had been with the 2018 class throughout high school, until he decided to reclassify “up” this past year.  Granted, he is now with his correct age group but only played 3 years of HS ball.  

But Bagley was in effect a “curve buster.” For instance, he grades at .9999 on 247 sports.   The problem is, relatively speaking, with Bagley at that benchmark, the second best player in the 2018 class would need to be in the 80s by comparison.  At the EYBL Peach Jam in July, scouts were saying that even with many of the top incoming HS Seniors in the country there, there was no one even close.  The last HS player who graded “off the charts”?  LeBron.  

I hadn’t seen Bagley live since he was a skilled 6-8 or 6-9 8th grader.   I had seen plenty of highlights but not in a full game setting.  After watching a few of Duke’s games thus far this season, I can definitely see the hype is real.   Can you imagine what a 4th year Bagley would look like in college?

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Without question.  

I think you will see a Ben Simmons type transition to the NBA as well.   Bagley had been with the 2018 class throughout high school, until he decided to reclassify “up” this past year.  Granted, he is now with his correct age group but only played 3 years of HS ball.  

But Bagley was in effect a “curve buster.” For instance, he grades at .9999 on 247 sports.   The problem is, relatively speaking, with Bagley at that benchmark, the second best player in the 2018 class would need to be in the 80s by comparison.  At the EYBL Peach Jam in July, scouts were saying that even with many of the top incoming HS Seniors in the country there, there was no one even close.  The last HS player who graded “off the charts”?  LeBron.  

I hadn’t seen Bagley live since he was a skilled 6-8 or 6-9 8th grader.   I had seen plenty of highlights but not in a full game setting.  After watching a few of Duke’s games thus far this season, I can definitely see the hype is real.   Can you imagine what a 4th year Bagley would look like in college?

He could bring a national championship to Lamar