Coaching vacancies

PhatMack19

2 hours ago, team first said:

This is the hidden content, please

Could be as early as today. 

I will give you credit tf.  You didn’t break the story obviously, but you broke it to me.  I didn’t think it would happen because most of the time coaches don’t transition down.  And he’s won a natty and played for another in the past 5 years.  What I don’t get is why FSU wanted him gone.   Is there something behind the scenes?   Anyway, to me that is a big time hire by the Ags and maybe the “splashiest” hire they’ve made in my lifetime.  How he does we shall see.  

Edit:  on further reflection, I would say equally splashy with Jackie Sherrill from Pitt. 

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I will give you credit tf.  You didn’t break the story obviously, but you broke it to me.  I didn’t think it would happen because most of the time coaches don’t transition down.  And he’s won a natty and played for another in the past 5 years.  What I don’t get is why FSU wanted him gone.   Is there something behind the scenes?   Anyway, to me that is a big time hire by the Ags and maybe the “splashiest” hire they’ve made in my lifetime.  How he does we shall see.  

Edit:  on further reflection, I would say equally splashy with Jackie Sherrill from Pitt. 

It's not like FSU is throwing money at him to stay. Kind of says a lot to me.

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

No, they definitely want him gone.  There is no debate about that.  I’m just having trouble understanding the why.   This season aside, I would think they would be happy with him.  

I think many of the people involved are tired of being held hostage by him. Did the same crap last year. Either he wants to be your coach or he does not.

FSU promised him 60 million only football facilities after flirting with LSU the last 2 years. FSU has dragged their feet on this. Jimbo publicly comments on how this is affecting recruiting, so his relationship with with boosters is steadily going down, as FSU is having one of their worse seasons in 35 years 

Aggies at the rt place at the rt time 

3 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

I think many of the people involved are tired of being held hostage by him. Did the same crap last year. Either he wants to be your coach or he does not.

Ahhhh like Leach at Tech.  I get that but when you have a successful coach, people are going to make runs at him, whether it’s other schools or the NFL.  They all play word games about whether they actually talk to anyone (ie, their agents do so they technically don’t).  

6 minutes ago, team first said:

FSU promised him 60 million only football facilities after flirting with LSU the last 2 years. FSU has dragged their feet on this. Jimbo publicly comments on how this is affecting recruiting, so his relationship with with boosters is steadily going down, as FSU is having one of their worse seasons in 35 years 

Aggies at the rt place at the rt time 

Bet he wishes it had gone beyond flirting now. 

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Ahhhh like Leach at Tech.  I get that but when you have a successful coach, people are going to make runs at him, whether it’s other schools or the NFL.  They all play word games about whether they actually talk to anyone (ie, their agents do so they technically don’t).  

Lateral moves just don't happen in the NCAA. In 1976 Johnny Majors won a NC at Pittsburgh and left for Tennessee. Granted, Pitt was an Independent at the time, but Tenn was not a big time job. Very similar optic IMO. Leaving an established program like FSU, with a NC under your belt, to take over a perennial middle of the pack team.

Something smells funny. Not sure what it is. Probably the smell of money.

5 hours ago, team first said:

You said 0 percent, and that your wife wears the pants in the relationship. 

This ain’t every day clock in clock out. This real life s _ _ _. 

You better go gather them chickens 

When I am wrong, I will post it?

discusion with out confirmation is just discussion 

no pants and commando!!!!

22 hours ago, TxHoops said:

If this happens, I also have to admit I was wrong. Unless there is some politics going on at FSU and he wants out/others want him out, this move makes zero sense.

Maybe Jimbo needs a fresh start, he will be getting better facilities, lots of young talent, and a fan base excited to see him come to town. Who knows? Reading on the Aggie forums, seems like A&M is excited to get him and the Seminole fans are happy he is leaving.