Coaching vacancies

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Mike Gundy to meet with Tennessee 

This is one where there is no way I would leave okie lite if I were him.  I would leverage for a raise (although reports are $8m+) but there is something to be said for the job security he has while still making several mil a year.   Plus Stillwater is home.   Tennessee is a better job, to be sure, but I personally wouldn’t do it.  That’s a lot of money though. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

This is one where there is no way I would leave okie lite if I were him.  I would leverage for a raise (although reports are $8m+) but there is something to be said for the job security he has while still making several mil a year.   Plus Stillwater is home.   Tennessee is a better job, to be sure, but I personally wouldn’t do it.  That’s a lot of money though. 

Kinda like how Beilema left wisconsin.  If i were Gundy i would stay but winning in the east is alot easier though

15 minutes ago, king said:

Kinda like how Beilema left wisconsin.  If i were Gundy i would stay but winning in the east is alot easier though

I’m also assuming he’s happy at OSU.  If so, no way I’d leave that gig.  Would be hard for him to ever lose that one.  Pressure probably as low as possible for a Power 5 job.  

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

It’s been rumored for years that he doesn’t get along with T Boone Pickens, so maybe that has something to do with it.  It’s crazy how much power some of these major boosters have in college sports.  

"BREAKING: Sources say MSU has offered Alabama Defensive Coordinator Jeremy Pruitt the position of Head Coach and await his answer 

This is the hidden content, please

32 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

"BREAKING: Sources say MSU has offered Alabama Defensive Coordinator Jeremy Pruitt the position of Head Coach and await his answer 

Another SEC coach hiring a “coordinator.”  He needs to send a commission to Kirby.  

40 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

It’s been rumored for years that he doesn’t get along with T Boone Pickens, so maybe that has something to do with it.  It’s crazy how much power some of these major boosters have in college sports.  

That would actually make more sense.  That’s why my repost mentioned presuming he’s happy where he is.  Otherwise don’t you agree?  He makes $4m a year roughly.   That will go up.  He has as much job security as anyone.  If you were making $4m at A&M and they loved you, you were basically tenured there.  Would you leave to make double at a Florida or Michigan?  Or Tennessee?  Maybe it’s me but money is no longer an issue at those numbers.  BUT if he and Boone don’t get along, that could explain it. 

4 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

No Mullet to Vols

Gundy impressed me more by the minute.  Besides, even if he hates Boone, that Codger is supposedly in very poor health. Mullet will be coaching the pokies long after he’s gone.  

But you bring up a good point, his hair would actually be a positive in the SEC.   A pan of the crowds often looks like that “People of Walmart” website. 

5 minutes ago, team first said:

You still saying zero?

That may be the reason your wife wears the pants and won’t allow you to gamble.

Jimbo trying to get fired first. Going full Costanza.

He is going to kill FSU recruiting (with the early signing period coming up) and then take all of aTm's money.