LC-M hosts PN-G for Season Opener

Tuesday Night (11/14) is the official opening of the beautiful new Hargrove Pavilion on the Little Cypress Mauriceville campus. The Bears who are ranked 19th in the Preseason Poll in 4A host the PN-G Indians at 7:30PM.

Coach Jeffcoat is in just his 2nd season after winning 24 games last season, has brought back an excitement to the LC-M Community that has not been seen in almost 20 years!

Anyone care to predict an outcome of this game?

25 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I remember LC-M had a pretty good squad with a 6'8" big man with a really crafty PG that was the QB on the football team.  I think they held a state ranking during that time.  They were 5a and won district I think...

In 1999, they won District with Marcus Campbell as a Post and the PG you may be thinking of was Jon Jenkins (JJ), neither was QB though. So we may not be thinking of the same season. They actually beat Lincoln that season in the Bear Cave. If anyone can correct me on that, please help me out.

Marcus was a solid big man, he went on to play for Lamar.

26 minutes ago, KWall98 said:

In 1999, they won District with Marcus Campbell as a Post and the PG you may be thinking of was Jon Jenkins (JJ), neither was QB though. So we may not be thinking of the same season. They actually beat Lincoln that season in the Bear Cave. If anyone can correct me on that, please help me out.

Marcus was a solid big man, he went on to play for Lamar.

The team I'm talking about had the PG named Gonzalez.  Played alongside a solid big man.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yep.I forgot what the big man's name was...

Soulja, do you remember the Jason Throop kid who played at LCM after transferring from HJ?  Maybe the best pure scorer I’ve seen from this area in the 20 years I’ve been here.  Saw him play some dang good Lincoln teams twice and I’m pretty sure he had 30+ both games.  

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Soulja, do you remember the Jason Throop kid who played at LCM after transferring from HJ?  Maybe the best pure scorer I’ve seen from this area in the 20 years I’ve been here.  Saw him play some dang good Lincoln teams twice and I’m pretty sure he had 30+ both games.  

Jason Throop= never saw a bad shot

Hunter Gonzalez's group never got in the playoffs.  Jordan Wells' group got in the next year as a four seed and lost in the first round to Crosby.  We haven't had a team win district since that '99 group, but are working to get back to that level.

As to Jason Throop, he always put on a show.  Hoping this year's team can be that fun to watch!

1 hour ago, Bear Cave said:

Hunter Gonzalez's group never got in the playoffs.  Jordan Wells' group got in the next year as a four seed and lost in the first round to Crosby.  We haven't had a team win district since that '99 group, but are working to get back to that level.

As to Jason Throop, he always put on a show.  Hoping this year's team can be that fun to watch!

Hunter Gonzales is the man! The most liked coach in the history of Kelly basketball lol. At 24 we didnt have a player on the floor at practice who could hang with Coach G