Official PNG Crosby thread

Stattrax

21 minutes ago, PAT said:

If you have notice Stat has changed his tune. His thoughts of his team went from world beaters to this is a bad matchup for PNG. 

It is only a bad matchup if PNG can't score against Crosby.  If our offense is clicking & their offense is clicking, may be one of the great offensive games of all time.  Depending on which teams defense steps up for this important game, it will be a dandy to watch.  I have Faith in PNG Indians coaches!   We will do everything it takes to win this game!

41 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I guess one loss silenced both sides? Kinda sad, but this is a huge game and I figured this thread would be 7 or 8 pages by now. Thought Stat and 14.2 would be going at it by now lol

Not much to say. Don’t judge a fan base by message board silence. I think you just have two fan bases with high football IQs that have respect for each other’s Program and know that this game will be won simply by the team that plays closest to their potential. 

All the chatter we can’t muster makes no difference. 

Go Crosby!!!

10 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

Stat has been brought back to reality, all the trash talking done has come back to bite him lol. That's ok I will be there watching without him. Rest assured his brother will be there taking up right where he left off lol.

He needs to snap out of it and get back in the game.

1 hour ago, PAT said:

If you have notice Stat has changed his tune. His thoughts of his team went from world beaters to this is a bad matchup for PNG. 

PAT unlike the majority of Kool aid sippers on here, I look at matchups. PNG struggles against a QB that can move and a shifty running back. I view Crosby as a better version of College Station. On the other hand, PNG can be slowed down, as we seen last week. Feel free to PM WOS Grad and ask him if I voted for Crosby higher than PNG the majority of the year.  BF has shown the inability to gameplan defensively, we are always in bend try not to break mode. That lets the offense dictate what happens. We also do not have a lockdown corner for their big WR. So it's wide open on what they can do on offense. My opinion is just that, only an opinion. But look for Crosby to put upbig numbers, and look for them to follow the gameplan of Nederland and PAM against us. If BF can gameplan to take away something from them and make them one dimensional, we have a shot. But if you go back to previous threads and read my thoughts before College Station last year, I made the same prediction. BF made no adjustments and we all know the outcome. Riordon is no CHUMP... By far the best staff we will see to date, and we know what Montes game plan did to us. But once again, I'm just an internet warrior with nothing but Kleenex in my hand.. just don't take my silence for being scared. Everyone knows I don't own Pom poms. Who knows, maybe RJ will play corner as well.......

32 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

PAT unlike the majority of Kool aid sippers on here, I look at matchups. PNG struggles against a QB that can move and a shifty running back. I view Crosby as a better version of College Station. On the other hand, PNG can be slowed down, as we seen last week. Feel free to PM WOS Grad and ask him if I voted for Crosby higher than PNG the majority of the year.  BF has shown the inability to gameplan defensively, we are always in bend try not to break mode. That lets the offense dictate what happens. We also do not have a lockdown corner for their big WR. So it's wide open on what they can do on offense. My opinion is just that, only an opinion. But look for Crosby to put upbig numbers, and look for them to follow the gameplan of Nederland and PAM against us. If BF can gameplan to take away something from them and make them one dimensional, we have a shot. But if you go back to previous threads and read my thoughts before College Station last year, I made the same prediction. BF made no adjustments and we all know the outcome. Riordon is no CHUMP... By far the best staff we will see to date, and we know what Montes game plan did to us. But once again, I'm just an internet warrior with nothing but Kleenex in my hand.. just don't take my silence for being scared. Everyone knows I don't own Pom poms. Who knows, maybe RJ will play corner as well.......

Crosby is a better version of College Station? Let's not get delusional please. College Station just beat Temple and has a 7 pt loss to freakin Austin Westlake. Their freakin huge athletic and have some serious wins over really good opponents. Everyone from Crosby and PNG should be excited about this first round matchup. Crosby dodged playing Marshall second round and PNG gets a title game atmosphere in the first round. Make no mistake about it though neither one of these teams was going to win the region and that's fine. Only 4 teams in the state will be able to say that. This should be the best first round matchup in the state and I think both teams and fans should enjoy it. I will be willing to bet that there will be 8000+ people at this game and whoever does play for the region title will be lucky to have half that.

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

Crosby is a better version of College Station? Let's not get delusional please. College Station just beat Temple and has a 7 pt loss to freakin Austin Westlake. Their freakin huge athletic and have some serious wins over really good opponents. Everyone from Crosby and PNG should be excited about this first round matchup. Crosby dodged playing Marshall second round and PNG gets a title game atmosphere in the first round. Make no mistake about it though neither one of these teams was going to win the region and that's fine. Only 4 teams in the state will be able to say that. This should be the best first round matchup in the state and I think both teams and fans should enjoy it. I will be willing to bet that there will be 8000+ people at this game and whoever does play for the region title will be lucky to have half that.

To each his own. I stand by what I said. Offensively Crosby is a better version IMO. PNG will bring 8K.. 

4 hours ago, png9mon said:

It is only a bad matchup if PNG can't score against Crosby.  If our offense is clicking & their offense is clicking, may be one of the great offensive games of all time.  Depending on which teams defense steps up for this important game, it will be a dandy to watch.  I have Faith in PNG Indians coaches!   We will do everything it takes to win this game!

After watching lots of highlights of this Crosby team PNG is in trouble. Here’s why: There are two problems with stopping their big WR. The first is that even gameplans to impede their WR may not work; the second is that the few times they do work, his teammates can be just as devastating. PNG does not have these type of weapons as we all witnessed last week!

7 minutes ago, PAT said:

After watching lots of highlights of this Crosby team PNG is in trouble. Here’s why: There are two problems with stopping their big WR. The first is that even gameplans to impede their WR may not work; the second is that the few times they do work, his teammates can be just as devastating. PNG does not have these type of weapons as we all witnessed last week!

The exact same thing can be said about PNG....Stop Riggs you'll have to deal with several others....

22 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

The exact same thing can be said about PNG....Stop Riggs you'll have to deal with several others....

They stopped Riggs with double coverage. But didn't throw to Stansbury with single coverage by a 4 foot tall corner. It obviously wasn't in the game plan. Unless you saw something different. Here's hoping the game plan will change on the fly Friday night and they actually use those other weapons. I'm optimistic as of now. 

8 minutes ago, PAT said:

I was there and that game was not thrown. That's the dumbest thing I have heard on this thread. Crosby played all their stars even when I questioned leaving them out there. Why would Williams play if you were going to throw a game. PNG will put up a ton of points and I'm sure Crosby will too. But then again maybe Crosby plans on throwing this first round game and only scores 38 again.

Bronco Pride hit the nail on the head, the one guy you absolutely have to have healthy out there when you’re down by like 4-5 td’s.  He even made that comment during the game.  One of the dumbest assumptions ever.  Maybe PNG three there game against Nederland by throwing away 98% of the playbook and fake like they were trying to tackle, I don’t know.  

9 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Bronco Pride hit the nail on the head, the one guy you absolutely have to have healthy out there when you’re down by like 4-5 td’s.  He even made that comment during the game.  One of the dumbest assumptions ever.  Maybe PNG three there game against Nederland by throwing away 98% of the playbook and fake like they were trying to tackle, I don’t know.  

I'm just excited to see this game. I personally don't know why anybody would want a lay up game when you can have these 2 teams going at it. I think PNG and Crosby fans should be jacked for this one.