PNG Defense- Will coaches make changes for Crosby Game?

PNGNDN1990

16 is young too I believe, he will need time to develop. It is hard to watch when you see every team for the most part move the ball at will on our defense,  we will have to outscore every one here on out and hope that the defense can make a few stops here and there especially when it counts!

7 minutes ago, PAT said:

Only one that’s feeding is biaplayer at the wheelhouse! :)

yes sir I will be feeding James Mosley he is the only one I made bet with, and unlike some people on here im not scared to go meet someone else on this board, Just ask Pakronus and Bigd92 im not scared to go to PAM side and meet anyone, even the hecklers who thought I was lost! Why don't you come join us so I can put a name to the face!

2 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Yes and they aren't doing tackling drills like they used to this year they changed it up! Our practices are a joke compared to other coaches in the past. That is not the kids fault that is coaches not teaching these kids to tackle! Our defense has looked good because we haven't really played anyone besides memorial and Nederland and we couldn't contain the run or the pass! You are right I left off Bost! He does his job! 

You sure know a lot about what goes on at practice for somebody who doesn’t have a kid on the team.

11 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Curious to see if changes will be made to the defense! When we played Nederland I would have started putting different people in We need people that can tackle and not just grab at them! Have they not taught these kids to wrap up and tackle low! If it doesnt change this week we are gonna be looking at a long game with Crosby! Alec, Hammonds, English, And Mobley can't do it alone they need help! You have people on the line making tackles the secondary should be making!!!

CLOWN ALERT......

Ya know I used to say let Bost start at QB and let RJ be a slot or receiver because I thought that combination would be lethal. It might have been but look what we would have missed on offense. Yes I question BF all the time, but getting on here and airing out that frustration does not work. I have been wrong many times in questioning him. Does he make bone head moves, sure like almost killing RJ the other night. But he is 9-1 and there is a lot to be said about that. Hell, make an appointment with him and voice your concerns. Ask him why he benches some of those seniors. He may have a good reason, then again he may not, but at least you will know.

9 minutes ago, bljnhjs19 said:

Anybody that goes and watches practice that does not have a kid on the team has to be a bit strange.....just saying

PNG is strange then lol....there are plenty of the old-timers that like to go and watch with no kids out there. Heck I would like to go and my son is the Indian Spirit, just hadn't had a chance. I know most of the players because they are buds with my son so I guess that is not strange. But, I'm strange for other reasons, at least that's what my wife says....

Everyone at every level questions the coaching of their respective teams. It is very easy to Saturday morning, Sunday morning, or Monday morning QB. I've been a youth coach, middle school coach, high school coach, and a parent of a player while not coaching. I question things at times also. Airing your schools dirty laundry on a public forum to me does not seem like the correct thing to do. There are other avenues to do that. A lot of the players get on this site and read what is being said. Their focus this week should be on preparing for Crosby and not reading this site and come out of this doubting their coaches, having dissention amongst each other about whose playing where or why, and their game plans. I highly doubt that BF and staff are strategically not playing their best athletes. Sometimes if there are kids close in talent and ability to get the job done, the underclassman will get the nod due to gaining the experience to help in the future also. Now if the Sr is head and shoulders above the underclassman by all means he should be there. Who really knows this better than the coaches? What coach wants to play politics above winning and possibly lose his job and the jobs of his staff? JMO. An outsider looking in!

3 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Also I am not sure how many games you have actually watched but #16 that plays safety is probably the best tackler on the team. You really have no clue. 

Exactly! You can’t leave Jackson and Bost out of a statement about the defensive playmakers. Obviously someone hasn’t been watching the same games the rest of us have!

2 hours ago, PAT said:

PNG’s playbook was more simple!

Can anyone really disagree on here that our defense needs adjustments to play Crosby! Apparently you haven't been watching the same plays I have seen of arm tackles! Watch the game from Memorial and Nederland because in my books those are the only games that we played teams that were worth talking about! That's what we are gonna meet from here on out! So stop talking about us being 8-1 let's look how we defended against the two harder teams in our district and tell me something doesn't need to change! Livingston scored 14 points on us' that shouldn't have happened! 

4 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Can anyone really disagree on here that our defense needs adjustments tos play Crosby! Apparently you haven't been watching the same plays I have seen of arm tackles! Watch the game from Memorial and Bederland because in my books those are the only games that we played teams that were worth talking about! That's what we are gonna meet from here on out! So stop talking about us being 8-1 let's look how we defended against the two harder teams in our district and tell me something doesn't need to change! Livingston scored 14 points on us' that shouldn't have happened! 

Nobody is saying the defense cannot play better. You are claiming there are better players riding the pine as if you have some kind of magic vision that allows you to think the defense would improve if only Faircloth would listen to you. Just let it go. Complaining on a message board is not going to help anything. More than likely it will make it worse. 

3 hours ago, aki1994 said:

I give up. Good luck to you and your quest to get your kid or relative playing time.

I did hear some people talking Friday, who has a son that plays basketball, anddid say there was a kid named Calhoun, Callahan, something like that that was a stud and was not playing. 

RJ may be the season star and UT bound BUT Beeson will forever be remembered asthe kid  with BRASS BALLS that caught the game winning PAT  to smoke PNG by 1 point.

Wont know who the homecoming queen was at his 25th HS reunion but guarantee they will remember #30

5 minutes ago, Whoa said:

I did hear some people talking Friday, who has a son that plays basketball, anddid say there was a kid named Calhoun, Callahan, something like that that was a stud and was not playing. 

RJ may be the season star and UT bound BUT Beeson will forever be remembered asthe kid  with BRASS BALLS that caught the game winning PAT  to smoke PNG by 1 point.

Wont know who the homecoming queen was at his 25th HS reunion but guarantee they will remember #30

lmao he will be a legend for sure.

19 minutes ago, Whoa said:

clutch play for sure. Also irrelevant to this thread. Didn't he have an INT as well on defense?