PNG Defense- Will coaches make changes for Crosby Game?

PNGNDN1990

Curious to see if changes will be made to the defense! When we played Nederland I would have started putting different people in We need people that can tackle and not just grab at them! Have they not taught these kids to wrap up and tackle low! If it doesnt change this week we are gonna be looking at a long game with Crosby! Alec, Hammonds, English, And Mobley can't do it alone they need help! You have people on the line making tackles the secondary should be making!!!

6 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Curious to see if changes will be made to the defense! When we played Nederland I would have started putting different people in We need people that can tackle and not just grab at them! Have they not taught these kids to wrap up and tackle low! If it doesnt change this week we are gonna be looking at a long game with Crosby! Alec, Hammonds, English, And Mobley can't do it alone they need help! You have people on the line making tackles the secondary should be making!!!

^^^ This guy again

6 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

You should go talk to the coach, im sure he would love your expertise..... 

I see some similar tackling from the Crosby defense.  They will have streaks of good tackling but there seems to be some regression to grab-and-wait-for-help.  

My junior high son plays D-line.  He is trying to sneak into a RB or backup RB position.  I told him to just run right at the DB's, they won't tackle you and you will look like a stud.  The teams that beat them (in JH mind you) had runners that just ran.   No juking, stopping, hitches.  Teams that would gladly take 7-11 yards a run and then break out for longer runs. 

I see too many HS ball carriers trying to out-athlete the defense.  The ball carrier runs out of room, stops to make a juke or move, and get smacked from the side from the rest of the defense.  I catch myself yelling at every game "JUST KEEP RUNNING!!"

I find it pretty funny when fans/parents blame the coaches for the players not performing. Do you truly think that coaches are not teaching kids to wrap up when tackling? Have you gone to practices and watched what is going on? Some times kids just do not execute t game plans and don’t use the fundamentals they are taught by the coaches. Coaches are not always to blame. Some times they are....but not always

8 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

It amazes me to no end how some people are willing to throw a one loss coach under the bus simply because that coach didn't play their little johnny.

34 minutes ago, bljnhjs19 said:

I find it pretty funny when fans/parents blame the coaches for the players not performing. Do you truly think that coaches are not teaching kids to wrap up when tackling? Have you gone to practices and watched what is going on? Some times kids just do not execute t game plans and don’t use the fundamentals they are taught by the coaches. Coaches are not always to blame. Some times they are....but not always

Yes and they aren't doing tackling drills like they used to this year they changed it up! Our practices are a joke compared to other coaches in the past. That is not the kids fault that is coaches not teaching these kids to tackle! Our defense has looked good because we haven't really played anyone besides memorial and Nederland and we couldn't contain the run or the pass! You are right I left off Bost! He does his job! 

I sat through the coaching clinic this year as I coached in the stjfl. They implement the exact same tackling techniques as the Seattle Seahawks. The ONLY thing they changed from previous years was moving from head across the front to head across the back which helps prevent head injuries. So again you have no idea what you are talking about. 

Who would you take off of defense and who would you put on? 

Sounds like you have a son coming up so you drink the Faircloth kool aid and gonna be one of the Faircloth butt kisser dads! Lol did you not see the 2 point conversions that Nederland got on us back to back! Sorry not a fan of Faircloth never been! He has had more losses to Nederland since he has been here! Simply outcoached  99% of the time! How do you know who the best tackler is because some of those kids don't get to show what they have! Nederland plays kids both ways why can't we??? Some of those kids on offense would be our best tacklers! I would say Hammonds is one of our best tacklers saved us last year to move to round 2! 

My son is 7 years old. I could care less who is coach might be or if he even plays football in high school. I am just stating the facts. You come on here all the time spewing your crap like Faircloth has an agenda and wants to lose in order to NOT play certain kids. Do you not see how dumb that sounds? If I am a coach I play the kids that lead me to a win. If I am a coach and I have a senior and a sophomore who are very close in terms of ability I am playing the sophomore. Again, I ask you to name one kid on defense that does not deserve to start and then point out why. The 2 point conversion was on the coaches. 

Let's see how you feel when your son has worked hard playing football and then a sophomore starts over him. Which I don't have a son on this team! memorial we got lucky the kid spiked the ball or the end result would have been different! I have said all season he has stacked us up so heavy on offense that he is leaving us weak on our defense! Then Faircloth isn't utilizing those players on offense! He has them out there but isn't giving them the ball to make plays! If you arent gonna use them well put them on defense! Those kids would be our stronger players on defense! They could help your players I named above! I am not taking anything away from them! The Seahawks technique is to tackle the waist I don't see that being utilized only a couple of kids on that defense is doing that most the secondary is grabbing at their shirts and trying to tackle high! Who can disagree with this statement! 

Yes the coaches do want to win but it didn't look that way to me as they wouldn't have had Riggs pooch kick when he can kick in the end zone everytime and it was simple you run more time off the clock on that last drive so Nederland wouldn't had so much time to score! A coach on the sidelines suggested we go for two and faircloth declined! Does that sound like smart coaching! We get outcoached every time in big games like this! I don't drink the Faircloth kool aid! Nederland was double teaming some of our receivers why weren't we doing the same to Nederland! We knew who was getting the ball nederlands playbook was simple! 

14 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Let's see how you feel when your son has worked hard playing football and then a sophomore starts over him. Which I don't have a son on this team! memorial we got lucky the kid spiked the ball or the end result would have been different! I have said all season he has stacked us up so heavy on offense that he is leaving us weak on our defense! Then Faircloth isn't utilizing those players on offense! He has them out there but isn't giving them the ball to make plays! If you arent gonna use them well put them on defense! Those kids would be our stronger players on defense! They could help your players I named above! I am not taking anything away from them! The Seahawks technique is to tackle the waist I don't see that being utilized only a couple of kids on that defense is doing that most the secondary is grabbing at their shirts and trying to tackle high! Who can disagree with this statement! 

That player’s parent should use it as a teachable moment. Life isn’t fair. People get passed over for promotions all the time to others they feel are less deserving than them. All this is doing is crippling that young man (your relative/neighbor/friend’s kid) into having a victim mentality. Life ain’t all sunshine and rainbows, Jack. 

7 minutes ago, The Icon said:

That player’s parent should use it as a teachable moment. Life isn’t fair. People get passed over for promotions all the time to others they feel are less deserving than them. All this is doing is crippling that young man (your relative/neighbor/friend’s kid) into having a victim mentality. Life ain’t all sunshine and rainbows, Jack. 

15 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Yes the coaches do want to win but it didn't look that way to me as they wouldn't have had Riggs pooch kick when he can kick in the end zone everytime and it was simple you run more time off the clock on that last drive so Nederland wouldn't had so much time to score! A coach on the sidelines suggested we go for two and faircloth declined! Does that sound like smart coaching! We get outcoached every time in big games like this! I don't drink the Faircloth kool aid! Nederland was double teaming some of our receivers why weren't we doing the same to Nederland! We knew who was getting the ball nederlands playbook was simple! 

PNG’s playbook was more simple!

I don't have a kid on this team I just have seen this team since 7th grade and know the talent they had on defense at one time! Faircloth has either ran some of them off and then benching some that has always started! This group of kids has never been beaten by Nederland they get to varsity and loose! Then the coaches want to hug the kids and tell them they are sorry! That's bullshit! Some of the defense coaches would play some of the kids sitting the bench but faircloth over rules them! Talk to the kids and see what they say! It's not about my kid playing because I DONT have one on this team!