Tenaha v Colmesneil

Grayghost

Tenaha v Colmesneil, Thursday, 7:00 pm in Shelbyville.

Most of the Tenaha seniors were sophomore starters on a Tiger team that crushed Colmesneil 63-14 in a bi-district match-up in 2015. They are now bigger, stronger and faster and the No 1 ranked 2A team in the state. The 10-0 Tigers are averaging over 50 pts/G while giving up less that 6 pts/G. Many of their games had a running clock in the 2nd half.

You can draw you're on conclusion as to the outcome.      

Some really great post.  Fact is imo, Evadale & Iola could've put 100 points on several teams in our Dist.  Tenaha will have to get creative - early.

Congratulations to the Bulldogs for making the playoffs though. And I hope they give it 110%.

In 2A-D2 football, playoffs should be limited to two teams, but if the UIL is making money, that isn't going to happen.

20 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

It's actually a disservice to the kids to allow 4 teams in the lower classifications. This will crush these kids.

There aren't just a whole lot of examples to justify letting 4 teams in in any classification.  I think it's justified when a 4 beats a 1..proving that some districts have 3 or 4 teams that could potentially win other districts.  But that doesn't happen often.  In fact I'd argue that it's happens so few times that the whole thing is more watered down than anything. 

10 minutes ago, DesertStorm said:

2014 Rice Consolidated finished 4th and won in the first round. 2015 they finished 3rd and made it to the regional semi's. Lots of other examples. I think we need to quit worrying about how many make it and just let the teams play. If you somebody gets whipped so what. Those whippings take place in district also.

Then why have districts? 

11 minutes ago, DesertStorm said:

2014 Rice Consolidated finished 4th and won in the first round. 2015 they finished 3rd and made it to the regional semi's. Lots of other examples. I think we need to quit worrying about how many make it and just let the teams play. If you somebody gets whipped so what. Those whippings take place in district also.

Why go watch a play-off game if it is going to be a whoopin? Why should schools divert funds from eduction to go to a play-off butt whooping?

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

There aren't just a whole lot of examples to justify letting 4 teams in in any classification.  I think it's justified when a 4 beats a 1..proving that some districts have 3 or 4 teams that could potentially win other districts.  But that doesn't happen often.  In fact I'd argue that it's happens so few times that the whole thing is more watered down than anything. 

The only time I can really remember around here that this was close to the case was in '14 when Buna, EC, and Kirbyville were all 6-1 in district. I had to look up that kountze was fourth and they got destroyed. This doesn't happen often, since there's only been 2 examples thrown around. 

25 minutes ago, PdaddyBball said:

The only time I can really remember around here that this was close to the case was in '14 when Buna, EC, and Kirbyville were all 6-1 in district. I had to look up that kountze was fourth and they got destroyed. This doesn't happen often, since there's only been 2 examples thrown around. 

There are definitely several examples that could be found...but not compared to the number of first-round playoff games there are.  All irrelevant anyway...the UIL has discovered that the more games that are played the more money they'll make.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just start letting everybody in the playoffs. 

20 minutes ago, fishcat said:

I remember one year Jasper came in third in district because we had a lot of players hurt.Got them well played for state that year. So if it wasn't 3 teams going that year Jasper would have stayed home

There will always be teams that miss the playoffs that could probably make it in other districts....and teams that get in or even win their district but probably couldn't make the playoffs in other districts.  Luck of the draw.  Happens on every level.  There are a lot of NFL teams that could win Houston's division but don't make it.