Madisonville vs. Hardin Jefferson

MadMustang

Madisonville is an intriguing opponent. In recent history, they have consistently lost more games than they've won. Their last winning season was in 2007. Their offense is the spread, but they favor the rush (351 avg) over the pass (70 avg). This is a respectable team, but they've won against several weak opponents. It's hard to get a true gauge on how good they are. Even so, I see a victory margin of seven points or less going either way. 

10 hours ago, griff said:

Madisonville is an intriguing opponent. In recent history, they have consistently lost more games than they've won. Their last winning season was in 2007. Their offense is the spread, but they favor the rush (351 avg) over the pass (70 avg). This is a respectable team, but they've won against several weak opponents. It's hard to get a true gauge on how good they are. Even so, I see a victory margin of seven points or less going either way. 

I haven’t watched HJ. I’ve watched Madisonville. I’d be shocked if Madisonville only wins by 7 lol

11 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I haven’t watched HJ. I’ve watched Madisonville. I’d be shocked if Madisonville only wins by 7 lol

I've seen both. HJ is much improved from the last two years. I'm more familiar with HJ and not completely certain on how good Madisonville is. Most of their opponents are weak teams. I expect HJ will give them a good game. If Madisonville wins by more than seven...oh, well. No sweat off my back. I have no rooting interest here. The Madisonville team is on my radar because they may have a future date against my team (WO-S). 

Honestly don’t know anything about madisonville but a 9-1 record is impressive. But if y’all want to talk about strength of schedule the only 2 teams HJ have beat have combined for 3 wins. This game is going to depend on if HJs defense shows up. Their offense can put up some points. 

Madisonville has jumped up out of nowhere this year.  The last 2 or 3 years they looked far from what I have seen from them in the past.  This year is more like what they should be doing on a yearly basis.  These guys are good.  I personally think they will beat HJ very handily, but I know HJ is well-coached and will have a game plan drawn up that gives them a chance at pulling off the upset.  

On 11/13/2017 at 7:41 AM, MadMustang said:

Weak schedule?    Teague, Lorena, Rusk, Bellville, Shepherd, Crockett, Caldwell, Woodville     lol  

weak= royal,tarkington  We will give you that much.  

Look, it's obvious Madisonville had a terrific season. I'm not disputing that, but the schedule? On your list, you included Lorena (4-6), Bellville (5-5), Crockett (2-8), Caldwell (4-5). Yes, those are weak teams...weak schedule. On the flip side, Madisonville beat Teague (8-2), Shepherd (6-3), Woodville (8-1), and their only loss was to Rusk (8-2). That looks good on their resume. What doesn't look good is giving up 36 points to Lorena, 45 to Rusk, 32 to Caldwell. So, when you factor in all of this, it brings me to the conclusion of uncertainty about how good they really are. They are much improved...yes, but allowing that many points in three games creates doubt.  

33 minutes ago, griff said:

Look, it's obvious Madisonville had a terrific season. I'm not disputing that, but the schedule? On your list, you included Lorena (4-6), Bellville (5-5), Crockett (2-8), Caldwell (4-5). Yes, those are weak teams...weak schedule. On the flip side, Madisonville beat Teague (8-2), Shepherd (6-3), Woodville (8-1), and their only loss was to Rusk (8-2). That looks good on their resume. What doesn't look good is giving up 36 points to Lorena, 45 to Rusk, 32 to Caldwell. So, when you factor in all of this, it brings me to the conclusion of uncertainty about how good they really are. They are much improved...yes, but allowing that many points in three games creates doubt.  

Bellville isn’t weak. At least call us average lol. Jk we are having a down year I’ll agree. Usually losing 10/11 on offense will do that lol

25 minutes ago, MadMustang said:

We will try harder to get Houston KIPP on our schedule to increase our RPI. :)

You have no idea what you're saying. When Madisonville has a list of around 30 schools who decline an invitation to play (as WO-S has), leaving you no choice but to either have an extra bye week or play anyone (KIPP), then you will understand. 

Oh I understand well.  Been there before.  Known Coach Thompson for about 25 years and know what its like to have difficulty scheduling.  Just made a point that the record doesnt always indicate weakness as some schools dont get to play many ginme games outside of district aligned games.  Did not mention KIPP as a shot at WOS but as a referral to you don’t always get to pick your schedule.  You spoke of several teams I figure you dont know much about other than their record and used term weak.  Just disagreed w that word describing those teams. Best of luck to your team!

5 hours ago, griff said:

True that but u can't count out these weak teams man they can sneak up on you real quick

9 hours ago, griff said:

You have no idea what you're saying. When Madisonville has a list of around 30 schools who decline an invitation to play (as WO-S has), leaving you no choice but to either have an extra bye week or play anyone (KIPP), then you will understand. 

Yep and most them were screaming no slamming down the phone or they said the rather have the bye week than play wos  a bunch of HOWARD THE COWARDS 

7 hours ago, MadMustang said:

Oh I understand well.  Been there before.  Known Coach Thompson for about 25 years and know what its like to have difficulty scheduling.  Just made a point that the record doesnt always indicate weakness as some schools dont get to play many ginme games outside of district aligned games.  Did not mention KIPP as a shot at WOS but as a referral to you don’t always get to pick your schedule.  You spoke of several teams I figure you dont know much about other than their record and used term weak.  Just disagreed w that word describing those teams. Best of luck to your team!

Gotcha. Out of the teams I named, I am quite familiar with Bellville, Caldwell, and Lorena. The others...not so much.