MCM 2017 Thoughts

Stattrax

That Johnson kid is a mutant! If they had spread the ball around this could be a different game. I don't care what anyone says. If someone rushes for 300 yards the play action pass WILL be open. Apparently didn't take too many shots.

Nederland got the win and looked good doing it. I have been reading about PNG defense and finally saw what everyone was saying live. Not good. That's what you are supposed to do when your O unit is better than their D unit. 

But again, Johnson is the man. Sometimes he made Nederland look like children trying to tackle him.

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I didn't expect that either. Then again, with how the game was going, I guess we all should've  expected him to be back there. Though I would have loved for him to run it back, he probably would've gassed half way through anyways.

Faircloth had him working the concession stand at halftime, and so said he drove the bus back to the reservation!!!!!!! 

First, I can understand questioning the Coaches decisions, something we all do.  But as far as the game, from an outsider that's watched the results for to many years, it was typical MCM.  The results are what substantiate this as a great rivalry.  Despite what appears to many fans, to be bum coaching decisions, those kids gave it all they had.  I hope y'all relish being a part of it, win or lose.

30 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Of course they are and one of them lives in a big house in the additionby the water. Butt kissers from the get go. Faircloth fell in the politics game of who is who! Didn't take him long! 

The ole saying “money can’t buy you happiness” I guess is true. Cause I sure in the hell wouldn’t be happy being a part of that d!! :)

10 hours ago, chorizo said:

Had to go for two,no brainer,unless he finally let Faircloth kill him we weren’t gonna stop him from the 25 in overtime.what did monte have to lose if we failed conversion,not a thing.that wasn’t gutsy or having the balls to go for two that’s just smart coaching and doing what you gotta do.do or die!!!of course in ppl that don’t know football it would of been the dumbest coaching move ever if he didn’t make it but on that night in those same peoples eyes he was the smartest coach alive..in reality he did what he had to do..just went his way that night!!

hell no, I would have gone for two also. had the momentum and our defense wasn't prepared or disciplined enough, I thought it was an excellent call. When we pooched the kick I got up and started walking out, had a date and wasn't gonna let her know my disgust because I had to bite my tongue the whole damn night. Its a shame when she says our defense couldn't stop and 8th grade offense I almost choked on my water, she obviously knows a lil more about football than I gave her credit for lol.

All  the kids went out and battled and it came down to Ned out coaching  BF and company. Shutdown the pass and u force them to rely on a kid that has been road hard for the last 2 years.  I look for Faircloth to leave after RJ senior year, he will have average talent and struggle to when district championship. For 2 years he has had the #3 dual threat QB in a weak 22-5A and can only get a share of district. 

1 hour ago, mistro said:

All  the kids went out and battled and it came down to Ned out coaching  BF and company. Shutdown the pass and u force them to rely on a kid that has been road hard for the last 2 years.  I look for Faircloth to leave after RJ senior year, he will have average talent and struggle to when district championship. For 2 years he has had the #3 dual threat QB in a weak 22-5A and can only get a share of district. 

The #3 dual threat QB? Enlighten me on who’s 1 & 2?

That's what makes MCM so special, the hype of the game and bragging rights, it is a way of life for both communities. I cant imagine not having Nederland on the schedule, just as there is no WOS, glad we have PAM back. When I grew up these were the games that meant something. 5-10 mins commute on a Friday night is a good thing in my book.