LC-M VS Kilgore Predictions

LCMAlumtiger32

LC-M VS Kilgore Playoff Predictions   

22 members have voted

1. 1. LC-M VS Kilgore Playoff Predictions

• LCM
    • Kilgore

Well I talked to Green and Bold last night and he said he was still getting his  District Championship shirt. He said the shirt will be a 1994 "Hit List"  throw back shirt. I'm just kidding I know that was wrong. I do not know who Green and Bold is and I hope you still come on here and talk football man. Well this LCM football team has been on a roller coaster this season. We have not played a full 4 quarter game. Last night Navasota first half they were playing inspired football 27-14 half time. LCM comes out and running back goes down, and I was concerned. Well the kids stepped the second half but they made crucial mistakes  that cost us the game. I figured it would be a one possession game hoping to come up with the win but sometimes you fall short. The problems that plague the Bears are playing disciplined football. Not turning the ball over. Now on the coaching side the 3rd and 10 bubble screens and 4th and 10 Qb draw. We get the ball within the 2 min to go in the 4th quarter and we are running the football? We are a spread offense treating it like a wing-t. We have to throw the ball in those situations. Hopefully against Kilgore we start looking at stats and see the bubble screen might have gave us under 100 yards all season. Lets try to call some other plays or get another offense formation that suits us. On to Kilgore, they have a good running attack and have given up a lot a points ID like to think we would play them a close game but it might come down to coaching and some turnovers.

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Winters needs to be back...  Especially his defensive presence...  Run him and pass outbid playaction.  They'll need to put extra men in the box... Then bombs away...

Winters imo will be very questionable. I like his presence on defense as well. I think we can make up on offense for him if they put the right kids on the field. Very big game and honestly id rather have a playoff win then a district champion shirt.

4 minutes ago, LastBearStanding17 said:

Winters imo will be very questionable. I like his presence on defense as well. I think we can make up on offense for him if they put the right kids on the field. Very big game and honestly id rather have a playoff win then a district champion shirt.

EXACTLY!  

I remember in 2008, Central made the playoffs as a 3 seed and then went on to go 4 rounds deep and lost by 1 to the team that represented region 3...

Playoffs is what's it's about..

Kilgores spread/option offense is very difficult to defend and their QB is a 3 year starter that runs it to perfection. Kilgore defense is pretty average. Kilgore has been prone to turn the ball over. LCM will put up some points but it will not be enough. Kilgore wins something like 45-24.

Last night stats

LCM                                                     Navasota 

First downs         24                             22

Rushes-yards     38-251                39-181

Passing                 185                   151

Comp-Att-Int     14-24-0               13-21-2

Fumbles-Lost       0-0                         2-2

Penalties-yards   5-35                     7-45

I have seen Kilgore play twice this year, and they lost both games.  (So I probably haven't seen them at their best.) I haven't seen LCM play this year.

I have read that LCM's run defense isn't a strength.  If this is true, they'll be in trouble Thursday night.

Kilgore has about as good a rushing attack as you'll see at this level.  Their QB is a 3-year starter, and he runs their attack very well.  To give you an idea, his hometown fans apparently call him "Magician".  He can scoot with the football, and he has several teammates who can also.  They are capable of breaking long runs at any time and from anywhere on the field.

They also have a senior WR who has verbally committed to Oklahoma State.  The good news for LCM is that he averages only 1 or 2 catches a game.  In other words, he is vastly under-utilized.

Kilgore's defense isn't as strong as it traditionally has been, especially their pass defense. 

But LCM should be most optimistic about Kilgore's erratic play.  In their final home game last night that they had to win to ensure being in the playoffs, they fell behind 19-0 to a vastly outmanned Bullard team.  They did wake up and ended up scoring 56 of the final 62 points in the game.  This wasn't the first game this year in which they fell behind early by multiple scores to an inferior team.

The week before, Kilgore was upset by a vastly outmanned Center team, blowing a 28-0 lead.  The turnovers they suffered that night have been a problem for them all season. This was the second season in a row Center upset Kilgore.

I suspect Kilgore will be a favorite of 7 to 10 points this week by most "experts".  Although Kilgore is capable of making a run to the regional finals this year, they are also capable of losing any of this season's playoff games.

34 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

I have seen Kilgore play twice this year, and they lost both games.  (So I probably haven't seen them at their best.) I haven't seen LCM play this year.

I have read that LCM's run defense isn't a strength.  If this is true, they'll be in trouble Thursday night.

Kilgore has about as good a rushing attack as you'll see at this level.  Their QB is a 3-year starter, and he runs their attack very well.  To give you an idea, his hometown fans apparently call him "Magician".  He can scoot with the football, and he has several teammates who can also.  They are capable of breaking long runs at any time and from anywhere on the field.

They also have a senior WR who has verbally committed to Oklahoma State.  The good news for LCM is that he averages only 1 or 2 catches a game.  In other words, he is vastly under-utilized.

Kilgore's defense isn't as strong as it traditionally has been, especially their pass defense. 

But LCM should be most optimistic about Kilgore's erratic play.  In their final home game last night that they had to win to ensure being in the playoffs, they fell behind 19-0 to a vastly outmanned Bullard team.  They did wake up and ended up scoring 56 of the final 62 points in the game.  This wasn't the first game this year in which they fell behind early by multiple scores to an inferior team.

The week before, Kilgore was upset by a vastly outmanned Center team, blowing a 28-0 lead.  The turnovers they suffered that night have been a problem for them all season. This was the second season in a row Center upset Kilgore.

I suspect Kilgore will be a favorite of 7 to 10 points this week by most "experts".  Although Kilgore is capable of making a run to the regional finals this year, they are also capable of losing any of this season's playoff games.

And LC-M has a rb that's arguably one of the best in SETX with great size and physical  They'll have to get a handle on that kid...

Looking forward to the game... I always like seeing us play teams we've never played before. Wise Old Owl was pretty spot on in his breakdown of Kilgore. We do not have the defense we normally have but we do have a very explosive ground game. Turnovers have been a problem, but that's the cost of doing business when you pitch the ball as much as we do.

3 hours ago, KilgoreAggie98 said:

Looking forward to the game... I always like seeing us play teams we've never played before. Wise Old Owl was pretty spot on in his breakdown of Kilgore. We do not have the defense we normally have but we do have a very explosive ground game. Turnovers have been a problem, but that's the cost of doing business when you pitch the ball as much as we do.

As has been written previously on this site - and perhaps even this thread - Kilgore fell behind by 19 points to start last week's game against Bullard.  Previously, I recall them falling behind by multiple scores to Gladewater in a non-district game in September.

Did the Bulldogs fall behind early in other games this year? 

Any idea why this has happened?

13 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

What is his size?

Any idea what his regular-season stats were?

He’s probably 5’10 205. I don’t have stats right now. LCM missed 3 games this year due to the hurricane. He was ejected one game for targeting also. Left the Navasota game with a possible concussion

36 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

As has been written previously on this site - and perhaps even this thread - Kilgore fell behind by 19 points to start last week's game against Bullard.  Previously, I recall them falling behind by multiple scores to Gladewater in a non-district game in September.

Did the Bulldogs fall behind early in other games this year? 

Any idea why this has happened?

Bullard recovered an onside kick and a mishandled pooch kick to gain an extra couple of possessions in the 1st quarter. They scored on a couple of deep balls and another deep ball set up the 3rd TD to make it 19-0. We struggle defending the deep ball.  

Gladewater had us down 21-0 in the 1st quarter as well. It took our defense a little while to adjust to their running game and I'm pretty sure we turned it over early in that one.

Those are the only two games we've trailed by more than 1 TD early.

Offensively, we can go. We average around 370 rushing, 60 passing, and 40 ppg. Sr. QB Buddy Jackson makes it all go. He's not very big, but he is a 4.44 guy who doesn't miss many reads and is a pretty good passer. Leading rusher is TB Briant Mumphrey.... he averages about 10 ypc. Our top receiver is Jonathan Shepperd... 6'3" - 196#, 10.6-100 (committed to Oklahoma State). Our O-line is not huge, but they are very good.

Kilgore is averaging 40 points a game and giving up 33, or a TD less than they're scoring.

The Bulldogs have 3 RBs averaging more than 75 rushing yards per game.

Senior QB Buddy Jackson, 5-9, 160 lbs., averages 85 yards rushing and 65 yards passing.  Through the air, he was 38-75 for 8 TDs during the regular season .  He has run for 11 TDs.

Senior RB Briant Mumphrey, averages 106 rushing yards per game.  He has scored 17 rushing TDs and has another on a pass reception.  Four of his TDs came last week in the playoff-clinching win over Bullard.

Senior RB Javorie Hamilton, 5-9, 170 lbs., averages 79 rushing yards per game.  He has 8 TDs rushing.

Senior WR Jonathan Shepherd, who has verbally committed to play his college football at Oklahoma State, has 17 catches for 393 yards and 5 TDs.  That is an impressive 23+ yards per catch.