New Caney vs vidor predictions...

mytwocents-28

Either Vidor is super young or arriving to the stadium late made them off their game. That team last night did not look good to what Vidor is known to be. If new Caney can pass at all or have some type of defense it’s going to be a long night for Vidor. I’m glad we won last night, but something wasn’t right about them last night

9 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Either Vidor is super young or arriving to the stadium late made them off their game. That team last night did not look good to what Vidor is known to be. If new Caney can pass at all or have some type of defense it’s going to be a long night for Vidor. I’m glad we won last night, but something wasn’t right about them last night

Yea they played  Timid all night and lack the intensity that i saw from them last year.

53 minutes ago, mytwocents-28 said:

What yall got? 

And what is nc all about? What kind of offense? Stars? Stand outs?

NC has a stud at qb who is an Air Force commit I believe. #2 sophomore receiver plays both ways is tall with great hands and good speed. Both their main rb's are freshman and run the ball well. NC will run a ton of different formations. Single back 2 back empty backfield 5 wide all the way down to 1 wide. They sub 3 or 4 kids every down on offense which makes it hard to matchup up unless you just play straight zone. They will give you more looks than most any high school team you will play. I think both their offensive and defensive lines are nice and do a good job. Kicker is good from 50yds or more. When you see him it will shock you because he is a big ole boy. Defense plays hard tackles well and #3 for them is a tackling machine.

9 hours ago, pakronos said:

I agree with your analysis. There were 2 games this year where they were missing passion , heart and tenacity. Against you guys last night and PNG. Even though we lost by a touchdown to Nederland they still played with that heart, passion and tenacity. If they don’t find it by next Friday then it will be a long night. Hopefully we get one of our starting fullbacks and starting offensive lineman back from injury. Need to trust themselves and the system. Good Luck Pirates! I’ll be there to support you guys.

10 hours ago, bronco pride said:

NC has a stud at qb who is an Air Force commit I believe. #2 sophomore receiver plays both ways is tall with great hands and good speed. Both their main rb's are freshman and run the ball well. NC will run a ton of different formations. Single back 2 back empty backfield 5 wide all the way down to 1 wide. They sub 3 or 4 kids every down on offense which makes it hard to matchup up unless you just play straight zone. They will give you more looks than most any high school team you will play. I think both their offensive and defensive lines are nice and do a good job. Kicker is good from 50yds or more. When you see him it will shock you because he is a big ole boy. Defense plays hard tackles well and #3 for them is a tackling machine.

Have mercy.  Doubt if Vidor has played anyone with all those different sets.  Afraid a week is not enough time to prep for an offense that complex.  Pirate offense better eat up some clock.  And this intensity thing sounds unusual for Vidor.  Maybe it's a Harvey thing?  Hope they're ready to play when they meet this NC bunch.

30 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Have mercy.  Doubt if Vidor has played anyone with all those different sets.  Afraid a week is not enough time to prep for an offense that complex.  Pirate offense better eat up some clock.  And this intensity thing sounds unusual for Vidor.  Maybe it's a Harvey thing?  Hope they're ready to play when they meet this NC bunch.

The Pirates will be ready. It'll be more difficult for them to prepare for Vidor's offense. Watching film I think, we match up better defensively against NC than the teams that have given yes trouble this year. I think Vidor will be able to play in the backfield, to rush throws and stop the run. Offensively we will see what kind of d- line depth NC has they will not be able to run their typical 3 man line. Looking forward to a well played game. 

On November 12, 2017 at 10:23 PM, TradenupBH said:

I think NC will struggle a little with Vidor O, but their coach is really good at adjustments. NC will be too much on Offense for Vidor.

If NC is not familiar with the Slot T, Vidor may keep it close for a while.  

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This will be a he'll of a game...  A strain on both defenses...both will face unique and unorthodox offenses...  First coach to make the adjustment wins...

I agree, vidor gave Crosby all it could handle last year, they may win this game if new caney is undisciplined 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:44 AM, pakronos said:

I told yall this was vidor team was prob in my opinion one of their weaker teams

14 hours ago, REBgp said:

If NC is not familiar with the Slot T, Vidor may keep it close for a while.  

Oh, I was at the Crosby/Vidor game last year. It will be closer then what people think. The advantage is NC QB is a beast and not only can sling it, but can run too. To me that's the X factor in this game. If Vidor over pursues, Cooper is gone. If you blitz, he has pretty decent WR's that will burn Vidor DB's.

20 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

yes sir it is hard to replace players,  and im not saying that to dog them out just that i really didn't see much in this team this year.

Well we are what our record says we are. We’ve battled injuries at key positions and a lot kids out of thier norm not having thier homes to live in , including coaches. Harvey definitely didn’t help. But hey they made the playoffs just go out there play hard have fun an let’s the cards fall where they may. Maybe we can steal a 1st round win. I know you wasn’t dogging them. Keep on Trucking! Good Luck to all area teams!

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Oh, I was at the Crosby/Vidor game last year. It will be closer then what people think. The advantage is NC QB is a beast and not only can sling it, but can run too. To me that's the X factor in this game. If Vidor over pursues, Cooper is gone. If you blitz, he has pretty decent WR's that will burn Vidor DB's.

Evidently, based on the post, Vidor (like some others) has two teams.  The one that gives 110%, and the dreaded other one.  That's the big advantage schools with great tradition have, like PNG, WOS, and Ned.  There isn't "another team".  Win or lose, hope the 110% team shows up.

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

Harvey messed up a lot for all our communities, but it did save Silsbee from a serious arse kicking the first week lol

Not really.  I saw Silbee scrimmage Lumberton the week before Harvey.  The defense was flying yo the ball and hitting hard.  Silsbee's decision at that time was made to bring the starting RB over to defense for linebacker and to bring 2 sophmores in to tote the ball on Offense wasn't made yet.  So, in actually, it might've been a blessing for PN-G.  I say that to say this.  I've seen silsbee play the last 3 weeks.  I've also seen PN-G play twice in the last 3 weeks. 1 in person and 1 online.  Wouldn't been a lot closer than you think had circumstances been different.

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

basically a repeat of what happened to Vidor last week.

9 hours ago, biaplayer said:

yes sir it is hard to replace players,  and im not saying that to dog them out just that i really didn't see much in this team this year.

Unfortunately they didn't show up for the game vs PNG or PAM. You have not seen what this team is fully capable of. I think they will be back to their normal and surprise done people Friday night.