Dist. 9 #4 Center vs Dist. 10 #1 Silsbee

Crawford

#4 Center vs #1 Silsbee  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

After watching film on Center this should be one of the more entertaining games of the playoffs. Both teams have played some stiff competition on their schedule and are battle tested for the playoffs. Both teams have receivers that can get open and can run. Both teams have young running backs that have come into their own as the season progressed. Both teams have first year QBs that can pass the ball and don't mind running when their number is called. Also, both teams special teams have several TDs. The key to the game to me (jmo) is Silsbee's defense looks to match up better with Centers offense than Centers defense matches up with Silsbee's offense and Silsbee over all team speed. I'm not saying Center hasn't faced better teams than us because they have.  Don't get me wrong, points will be scored as both offenses have proven that they can score at any point on the field. Call me a homer or what you will, say I'm old fashion and over the hill, but my pick is Silsbee in what I think will be a good game 38-28 over Center. As I've said before when these two districts meet up in the playoffs the outcome of the game should not surprise you. TigerNation!!!

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

This could be a better game than most think. I picked Center out of good faith. Go Riders!

Picking Center is definitely an East Texas homer pick, a lot like picking Atlanta.

Atlanta and Center are very similar in that they both got off to very slow starts, but found thier footing late in the year and were able to win the games necessary to get into the playoffs.

Slisbee could very well be the most athletic team in the entire Region. They play a smash moth brand of football that will give Center some problems. However, if you are able to stop the run they have the ability to throw the ball effectively and a very talented group of receivers.

Silsbee wins this one and gets on a roll that takes them all the way to a showdown with Carthage (again).