Dist. 9 #4 Center vs Dist. 10 #1 Silsbee

Crawford

#4 Center vs #1 Silsbee  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

District 9 has been a thorn in our side for several years now. Don't think we'll be overlooking anyone. Only way to get to the next round is win this round. When these two districts meet up in the playoffs as many times as we have nothing should surprise you. Hoping for injury free games Friday and good luck to district 10, no telling where we will be next year. TigerNation!!!

The most impressive game of Center's season thus far was their most recent one.  For the second year in a row, the Roughriders upset Kilgore.  This year, that win was imperative in order for the Roughriders to get into the playoffs.  Kilgore scored the game's first 28 points before the Roughriders made their move and came away with a 49-35 win.  [Yes, you read that right.  Center overcame a 28-point deficit!]

The Roughriders are a young team, but they have no doubt gained confidence since losing all 4 of their non-district games.  I recall that their coach won three consecutive state championships while at AAA Daingerfield before arriving in Center.  So they are a well-coached team that is no doubt excited about qualifying for this year's play-off tournament.  And they have shown a never-say-die mentality.

Silsbee also has a lot of young talent and is well coached. Although this game will be a #1-seed against a #4-seed, it could well be an exciting and competitive 1st-round game.

24 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

The most impressive game of Center's season thus far was their most recent one.  For the second year in a row, the Roughriders upset Kilgore.  This year, that win was imperative in order for the Roughriders to get into the playoffs.  Kilgore scored the game's first 28 points before the Roughriders made their move and came away with a 49-35 win.  [Yes, you read that right.  Center overcame a 28-point deficit!]

The Roughriders are a young team, but they have no doubt gained confidence since losing all 4 of their non-district games.  I recall that their coach won three consecutive state championships while at AAA Daingerfield before arriving in Center.  So they are a well-coached team that is no doubt excited about qualifying for this year's play-off tournament.  And they have shown a never-say-die mentality.

Silsbee also has a lot of young talent and is well coached. Although this game will be a #1-seed against a #4-seed, it could well be an exciting and competitive 1st-round game.

Well said Wise Old Owl.

Did some research on Center...  They like to pass.  They double the amount of passing yards vs. Running yards.  and when they do run the ball, it's with the QB.  So I assume he is is athletic.  But the major thing is they have a stud WR #3 that goes both ways I think.  Almost all of the pass plays go to him and he can catch and make a move and he's a  home run hitter.  Not too worried about that because Silsbee has seen this type of team and athlete in Navasota and their stud receiver.  

We should be able to run at will on Center, which I'm sure that's what Coach Smith want to do anyway.  It's too the point now where you pick your poison.  Deal with the Young Guns in the running game or deal with this speed on the outside with Barnes and Lowe...

45 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

This isn’t a typical #1 vs #4 matchup. I think Silsbee has what it takes to win by 2 TDs, though. 

Given that Center plays in what many consider to be the toughest 4A district in the state, the "District of Doom", I think this is an accurate statement.  The 4th seed from District 9-AAAA is probably a tougher opponent than most 4th seeds.  And they beat that district's 2nd seed in their last outing on November 3rd (for the 2nd year in a row).

By the way, there is a strong rumor that Center will be dropping down to 4A Division II next year.

I did a little research on Center too.....seems to me by just looking at their stats, a young man who wears #3 is their go to wide receiver...his yds. per game are outstanding.....I'm not the Tiger coach but i'm sure he knows about this guy......11 touchdowns through the air...1TD on a kickoff return

Silsbee by 21.......GO TIGER NATION

On 11/13/2017 at 1:42 PM, Wise Old Owl said:

Given that Center plays in what many consider to be the toughest 4A district in the state, the "District of Doom", I think this is an accurate statement.  The 4th seed from District 9-AAAA is probably a tougher opponent than most 4th seeds.  And they beat that district's 2nd seed in their last outing on November 3rd (for the 2nd year in a row).

By the way, there is a strong rumor that Center will be dropping down to 4A Division II next year.

Same rumor about Silsbee too

22 hours ago, PINETREE said:

I did a little research on Center too.....seems to me by just looking at their stats, a young man who wears #3 is their go to wide receiver...his yds. per game are outstanding.....I'm not the Tiger coach but i'm sure he knows about this guy......11 touchdowns through the air...1TD on a kickoff return

Put Barnes at corner manned up on #3... should take care of the big threat 

22 hours ago, PINETREE said:

#3 is Jaterious Evans.... committed to SFA. His older brother Octavious Evans graduated last year..... he's playing at Boise St.