9-4A Week 11 Scores

Silsbee92

I have seen Carthage and Kilgore play multiple times this season.  I've seen Henderson play once.  I haven't seen Center, nor have I seen any of the 10-AAAA playoff teams play this year.

Carthage - I'm biased, as I'm an alumnus.  However, I have seen most of the Bulldogs' playoff games over the past 10 years, during which time they have won 5 state titles and been state semi-finalists 2 other years.  This may be their best team.  Their offense has scored in the 40's every game, except for the Kilgore game in which they scored 50.  In many - perhaps most - of these games, they had 35 or 42 points at halftime before turning the game over to the subs at the start of the 3rd quarter or after the first 2nd-half possession. They also have two 225-pound LBs, one of whom was an all-stater for last year's state champions and another who was an all-stater last year at AAA Crockett.  It will take a big upset - which certainly happens at this and every other level - for them to not win this region.

Kilgore - These Bulldogs have a great option-rushing attack with a QB and several RBs who can take it to the house at anytime.  But their defense isn't as strong as usual, and the team has been prone to turnovers, penalties, and inconsistent play.  They are capable of winning 3 playoff games or losing in the 1st round Thursday.  It depends on which team shows up - Jeklyl or Hyde.

Henderson - The Lions are also capable of winning 3 playoff games or losing in the 1st round this week.  Their QB is their offensive leader, and he can effectively run or pass.  Has a very strong arm, and at least a couple of good receivers to throw to.  They play good defense and recently had a D1-level junior DL return from an injury that I understand occurred during the first series of this year's 1st game.  They lost 2 D-1 players from last year's team, but their young players are athletic and now have a regular season under their belts.  They ended the regular season playing the best ball they've played all year long.

Center - The Roughriders are another young team that is very well-coached.  Their coach won 3 state titles (I believe it was) at Daingerfield prior to coming to Center.  They got in the playoffs by virtue of a big upset win over Kilgore in their final regular-season game.  (They had an open date last week.) So they have some momentum and can play with a "nothing-to-lose" attitude.  However, it will take another upset for them to beat Silsbee this week.

2 hours ago, Wise Old Owl said:

I have seen Carthage and Kilgore play multiple times this season.  I've seen Henderson play once.  I haven't seen Center, nor have I seen any of the 10-AAAA playoff teams play this year.

Carthage - I'm biased, as I'm an alumnus.  However, I have seen most of the Bulldogs' playoff games over the past 10 years, during which time they have won 5 state titles and been state semi-finalists 2 other years.  This may be their best team.  Their offense has scored in the 40's every game, except for the Kilgore game in which they scored 50.  In many - perhaps most - of these games, they had 35 or 42 points at halftime before turning the game over to the subs at the start of the 3rd quarter or after the first 2nd-half possession. They also have two 225-pound LBs, one of whom was an all-stater for last year's state champions and another who was an all-stater last year at AAA Crockett.  It will take a big upset - which certainly happens at this and every other level - for them to not win this region.

Kilgore - These Bulldogs have a great option-rushing attack with a QB and several RBs who can take it to the house at anytime.  But their defense isn't as strong as usual, and the team has been prone to turnovers, penalties, and inconsistent play.  They are capable of winning 3 playoff games or losing in the 1st round Thursday.  It depends on which team shows up - Jeklyl or Hyde.

Henderson - The Lions are also capable of winning 3 playoff games or losing in the 1st round this week.  Their QB is their offensive leader, and he can effectively run or pass.  Has a very strong arm, and at least a couple of good receivers to throw to.  They play good defense and recently had a D1-level junior DL return from an injury that I understand occurred during the first series of this year's 1st game.  They lost 2 D-1 players from last year's team, but their young players are athletic and now have a regular season under their belts.  They ended the regular season playing the best ball they've played all year long.

Center - The Roughriders are another young team that is very well-coached.  Their coach won 3 state titles (I believe it was) at Daingerfield prior to coming to Center.  They got in the playoffs by virtue of a big upset win over Kilgore in their final regular-season game.  (They had an open date last week.) So they have some momentum and can play with a "nothing-to-lose" attitude.  However, it will take another upset for them to beat Silsbee this week.

Sounds like our Tigers early this season.

I have used this term to describe them all year.  Play lights out defense one game and just not have it for another.  

Been stable the last four 1/2 games.  

Guess we will see.