Texas A&M Basketball 2017-2018

PhatMack19

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Ags win 98-87. 

Solid win, but still need to clean it up.  Caldwell will be back for the next game Friday against Pepperdine.  Hopefully he’s as good as everyone says.  

He hasn’t played a competitive game in 2 years.  Might take a game or two or three to get his footing.  Having said that, it is difficult to overstate how good he is.  I will just say he is good enough to make a lock lottery pick decide to come back. 

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

He hasn’t played a competitive game in 2 years.  Might take a game or two or three to get his footing.  Having said that, it is difficult to overstate how good he is.  I will just say he is good enough to make a lock lottery pick decide to come back. 

Basketball is a little different than most sports in that you can walk in a gym in almost any city and get in a pretty competitive game.  He will get to work out the kinks against #10 USC and #2 Arizona in the next week.  That should be fun.  

From what the players and people around the program have said, he will be in the running for SEC player of the year.  If he can live up to that hype, it will be a fun season.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Basketball is a little different than most sports in that you can walk in a gym in almost any city and get in a pretty competitive game.  He will get to work out the kinks against #10 USC and #2 Arizona in the next week.  That should be fun.  

From what the players and people around the program have said, he will be in the running for SEC player of the year.  If he can live up to that hype, it will be a fun season.  

If it is even possible, it appears you may know less about basketball than you do football.  I wouldn’t have thought that to be possible, but yep, I think it may be so...

33 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

If it is even possible, it appears you may know less about basketball than you do football.  I wouldn’t have thought that to be possible, but yep, I think it may be so...

My point was that pickup games are everywhere.  JJ can find games against the best players in the state.  Baseball and football not so much.  The intensity level will not be as high, but I’m not worried about him being rusty.  He’s been practicing with the team for 2 years so he should know the system.  He can average 4 assist a game just throwing alley oops to Williams 

13 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

That was an impressive win!! Huge 2nd half by the Aggies. They are one of the most complete teams in college basketball. It's a short drive from College Station to San Antonio!

I love the way they are built.  They can play Big or small.  No superstar that gets all of the shots, just go with  the hot hand or mismatch.  A&M will have 5 or 6 guys averaging 10+ a game with no one close to 20.   Who do you scheme against?

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Very impressive road win last night.  The SEC is stronger this year, and early it looks like A&M and Florida will lead the way.   While USC & WVU are the most “notable” early wins, don’t underestimate the Penn St. win.  The Nittany Lions have a VERY strong team this year.  

The game next week vs #2 Arizona has lost some of its luster after they went 0-3 at Atlantis last weekend.  They went from #2 to unranked in 1 week.  

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

The game next week vs #2 Arizona has lost some of its luster after they went 0-3 at Atlantis last weekend.  They went from #2 to unranked in 1 week.  

Yeah, no idea what’s going on with them, they’ve looked terrible.  Obviously, there is some turmoil going on there with recent recruiting allegations.  But that team is stacked and has probably the 3rd overall pick in next year’s draft in Ayton (behind Bagley and Porter).