Nederland 36 Port Neches-Groves 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

33 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

You do realize I was speaking in reference to PNG fans who would harass a man at his home where his wife and children are? I'm not sure what is controversial about telling them to go to hell. It's the least of what they should be told, and there is nothing in the least that lacks "class" in telling it. 

As far as my "class" in defeat, you surely observed that I congratulated Nederland on their well-earned victory. What more do you want? I'll say it again: Congratulations to Nederland on a well-deserved victory. 

I would think anyone who would put for sale signs in the yard of a coach who has won that much should be told as you said

19 hours ago, Coach85 said:

Just FYI. There was no powder it was just smoke bombs and the kids that had them ask the principals at the game if it was ok to set them off and they said they didn't see a problem with them. No, it wasn't my son but he was standing right next to the kids when they asked. So, don't blame the kids. The adults gave them the go ahead.

Then the adults are just a bit more rude & ignorant than the kids that were responsible for all tha airborne discharge .  Not a defense if you know what you want to do is wrong so you ask an adult to take responsibility for your poor decisions and bad behavior.  PNG IS BETTER THAN THAT. At least I hope we are.  The future will tell!

25 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Then the adults are just a bit more rude & ignorant than the kids that were responsible for all tha airborne discharge .  Not a defense if you know what you want to do is wrong so you ask an adult to take responsibility for your poor decisions and bad behavior.  PNG IS BETTER THAN THAT. At least I hope we are.  The future will tell!

You're the only one I've heard complain about it. Everybody I've talked to that was there, and that's a lot of people, even people from Nederland thought it was awesome. The kids didn't mean any harm and the administration that were there were just letting the kids have a little fun without causing harm. Now, the kid that shot the flare should be in alternative school the rest of the year or put him a juvenile detention home. That was just stupid.

15 hours ago, Brubaker said:

You kind of changed your tune on Nederland.  

Not really. Just stating that they are the most balanced team in our district. Not the best on offense or defense, but a good solid overall team.

However, I will admit that i was completely wrong about MCM. I thought Nederland didn’t stand a chance against PNG offense only because of how good they have been, boy was I wrong!!!

3 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Not really. Just stating that they are the most balanced team in our district. Not the best on offense or defense, but a good solid overall team.

However, I will admit that i was completely wrong about MCM. I thought Nederland didn’t stand a chance against PNG offense only because of how good they have been, boy was I wrong!!!

That's what I meant.  You did say Ned didn't have a chance.  I understand it's hard to know what people mean when they say "throw the records and stats out".... but I've watched it for 50 years and that is the one thing you can count on.  You also talked about how the MC schools have a way of always thinking they are going to find a way to win... So you have forces that you can't predict working in this rivalry.  But I will say, since Neumann showed up Nederland has barrels of "IT" that have allowed them to own the last 25 years

9 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

He returned the favor by catching the two point conversion to win the game. But yeah RJ did pop him pretty hard 

Yea This, Beeson picked him off and won the game for his only offensive snap. Colton won't play at Texas, but he'll be Nederland MCM legend for life

4 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Yea This, Beeson picked him off and won the game for his only offensive snap. Colton won't play at Texas, but he'll be Nederland MCM legend for life

Told Blaysin Friday morning before he left for school,son remember one thing,every year at Mid County Madness their is a hero,it’s usually someone that nobody really knows.Always one kid steps up and ppl will remember his name,also told him to go out there and leave it all on the field.that their will prob be college scouts watching Big name players and not there to watch you,but play your butt off and make them remember your name when they leave after that game.One thing is for sure and I’ve said it all year long,Beeson has had a helluva year.He may not be the best out there but he lays it all on the line and plays with a huge heart.And that’s what Bulldog Football is all about..Like that goofy post game interview,Blaysin said we some dogs,We some Bulldogs!!!!

13 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Told Blaysin Friday morning before he left for school,son remember one thing,every year at Mid County Madness their is a hero,it’s usually someone that nobody really knows.Always one kid steps up and ppl will remember his name,also told him to go out there and leave it all on the field.that their will prob be college scouts watching Big name players and not there to watch you,but play your butt off and make them remember your name when they leave after that game.One thing is for sure and I’ve said it all year long,Beeson has had a helluva year.He may not be the best out there but he lays it all on the line and plays with a huge heart.And that’s what Bulldog Football is all about..Like that goofy post game interview,Blaysin said we some dogs,We some Bulldogs!!!!

No, that wasn't goofy, that was from the soul, he knows he's rolling with some Dogs, bone chewing, roam in a pack Dogs, live for the hunt, Dogs. nothing explained it better...

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

Said that at the first of the year They may wanna put him there next week if they can muster a lead, defense is as i said auspect.

No he was half way dead by the 3rd quarter, prolly running on adrenaline. He does enough already, Other people people have to step up and make plays on the team. Those little league both ways days are over.

5 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

No he was half way dead by the 3rd quarter, prolly running on adrenaline. He does enough already, Other people people have to step up and make plays on the team. Those little league both ways days are over.

Yes, even Nederland this year isn't playing anyone both ways.  That kid gives enough on offense, heck he even went out in the last kickoff, he's doing his part

4 hours ago, Brubaker said:

That's what I meant.  You did say Ned didn't have a chance.  I understand it's hard to know what people mean when they say "throw the records and stats out".... but I've watched it for 50 years and that is the one thing you can count on.  You also talked about how the MC schools have a way of always thinking they are going to find a way to win... So you have forces that you can't predict working in this rivalry.  But I will say, since Neumann showed up Nederland has barrels of "IT" that have allowed them to own the last 25 years

Well now I know lol and I’ll say this, I’ll never make the mistake of counting either one of these teams out when it comes to MCM.