Nederland 36 Port Neches-Groves 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, jake94 said:

Difference... we were never hyped as the best thing since sliced bread.

Oh I still think we are..lol I haven't given up. RJ  deserves all the hype. I vented last night about the D and the coaches and running RJ into the ground. Today is a different day, and while the loss SUCKS, it's time for Crosby. Bounce back and get it going again. Maybe this knocked some sense into us. Neds got business to take care of. It's time to sweep 21 5A.

5 hours ago, bronco pride said:

I think PNG fans are taking this particular game a little out of context. First off Nederland is pretty damn good. Second if Nederland was terrible this would still be a hard fought game. Just the way it is. PNG defense gave up some points but their offense was held way below their season average. I just don't think you can base anything off this game.

Way below?? Just say under... they scored 8 more points on PAM and Pam was called trash

7 hours ago, png9mon said:

We had nothing working in the passing game. Sadly no choice but to run Shug. The kid with the flare was dangerous and stupid. All the kids with the powder, and smoke bombs were just ignorant & rude.  Powder and smoke gets blown in to the air, all around.  People with bronchitis,  asthma & allergies can't breathe.  This has to stop. TO ALL THESE RUDE KIDS, SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

Just FYI. There was no powder it was just smoke bombs and the kids that had them ask the principals at the game if it was ok to set them off and they said they didn't see a problem with them. No, it wasn't my son but he was standing right next to the kids when they asked. So, don't blame the kids. The adults gave them the go ahead.

20 minutes ago, pakronos said:

PAM held them below their avg as well 8 points is it a whole lot

My point is they only scored 35 and they were averaging over 50 a game. Their defense is taking all the heat but I bet if you ask PNG fans before the game if they held Ned to 36 would they win the answer would have been yes.

4 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

I honestly think Memorial is the best team in district. Nederland 2nd PNG 3rd and Central 4th but we all know how it ended up. It can be a funny game. You have to show up every night ready to play. 

Thanks for you honesty! Much appreciated sir!

8 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

I honestly think Memorial is the best team in district. Nederland 2nd PNG 3rd and Central 4th but we all know how it ended up. It can be a funny game. You have to show up every night ready to play. 

I think it’s tough to rank them. PNG is obviously the best offense, PAM and Nederland both have good defenses but the edge would probably go to PAM based off of the speed. I think Nederland is the best overall team though.

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I think it’s tough to rank them. PNG is obviously the best offense, PAM and Nederland both have good defenses but the edge would probably go to PAM based off of the speed. I think Nederland is the best overall team though.

Your correct, it's very hard to rank them but I try to think of it as a best 2 out of 3. If each team played each other this way I think it comes out the way I have it.

Vidor got Central at the right time. If they played Central later in the year, Central would of got them. IMO 

4 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

Your correct, it's very hard to rank them but I try to think of it as a best 2 out of 3. If each team played each other this way I think it comes out the way I have it.

Vidor got Central at the right time. If they played Central later in the year, Central would of got them. IMO 

Agreed. 

25 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

You kind of changed your tune on Nederland.  

17 hours ago, team first said:

Should definitely listen to someone who says a person should go to hell. What class 

You do realize I was speaking in reference to PNG fans who would harass a man at his home where his wife and children are? I'm not sure what is controversial about telling them to go to hell. It's the least of what they should be told, and there is nothing in the least that lacks "class" in telling it. 

As far as my "class" in defeat, you surely observed that I congratulated Nederland on their well-earned victory. What more do you want? I'll say it again: Congratulations to Nederland on a well-deserved victory.