Warren 46 Kountze 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

15 hours ago, joeisbell said:

what in the world happened to koutze this year, alot of my co-workers and people i knew from down the road said that they would be a playoff contender this year and boy was that way off

I’ve been a Kountze fan for 12+ years now  this year was a “up year” talent wise, but next year will be their best year in a while if everyone stays healthy. Me and a couple of the coaches stay in contact 2-3 times a week talking football and here is my outlook to it. 

Lost to Kirbyville by 4 

Played Trinity without their Best RB. It was 0-0 at halftime  

Played Buna without their best RB. Beating them 14-6 at halftime. Lost two starting lineman  

Lost to Woodville (#10 in state) by 12 with two starting lineman out  

coldsprings whooped their butt. Completely out Played them. 

Warren- QB OUT, lineman OUT, best WR out, starting rb out for the game during 1st quarter  

This very well could all be considered excuses which is fine, but in my opinion, they competed in every game besides the Coldspring and Warren game. I’ve followed Kountze since my Son Played there 9 years ago and this was the year personally thought they would do something. At the same time, they have pretty much everything coming back so next year should be their year  

2 hours ago, 88Warrior said:

Proud of the Warriors for playing through the season and never laying down. Playing seven sophomores is always tough but the experience they gained along with a good group of young guys coming up next season should provide for some competitive ball the next couple of years...Now get in the weight room and get stronger!

Haters gonna hate. Warren scores 46 and holds Kountze to two scores. That's a heck of a night and one to remember for Warren.

You're right about the weight room. Maybe they'll see some gains and carry it to next year. Time will tell. Very tough district.