Hempstead 34 Hardin 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

So let me get this strait... Hardin added a new coach and a new QB (best player I hear).. and still managed to only beat one team that was on last year’s schedule??  

Maybe it wasn’t the coach after all.

Who said it was the coach?  Hardin lacks talent and they have for several years. Good luck next year Hornets. 

1 hour ago, camsdad said:

Who said it was the coach?  Hardin lacks talent and they have for several years. Good luck next year Hornets. 

Just assuming.  Since the previous coach was ran off after game 5.  Making him and Les Miles the only coaches in America to not get to even finish their season.

And then the multitude of positive comments about the new coaching regime a couple months ago.  You know...back when the Hornets were dominating the new teams on their schedule due to this new magic offense.

Let me say this...the QB played absolutely no defense all year. And in 2016 The Hornets were getting thumped to the tune of 56-0 on average most district ball games. Scores this year 33-22 La Marque Game, 31-12 EC game, 21-12 Anahuac, 34-14 Hempstead, Hcock 60-0 because they threw the game to stay healthy. As far as I remember its the same kids from a year ago on defense. Rome was not built in a day or 6 months boys. 

16 minutes ago, Billontherig said:

Let me say this...the QB played absolutely no defense all year. And in 2016 The Hornets were getting thumped to the tune of 56-0 on average most district ball games. Scores this year 33-22 La Marque Game, 31-12 EC game, 21-12 Anahuac, 34-14 Hempstead, Hcock 60-0 because they threw the game to stay healthy. As far as I remember its the same kids from a year ago on defense. Rome was not built in a day or 6 months boys. 

Agreed sir. Much improved in district play. 

53 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Just assuming.  Since the previous coach was ran off after game 5.  Making him and Les Miles the only coaches in America to not get to even finish their season.

And then the multitude of positive comments about the new coaching regime a couple months ago.  You know...back when the Hornets were dominating the new teams on their schedule due to this new magic offense.

I really don’t remember all the positive comments but hey, I’ve slept since then. Every time I’ve started a thread on Hardin, it’s only caused negative comments such as referring sarcastically to Haynes as “God” and such. Oh well, my support is to the kids and the coaches who spend their time trying to make them better. 

On 11/12/2017 at 7:14 PM, Billontherig said:

Having an improved offense will cause you to give up fewer points.  So the QB helping to have longer possession time may have contributed more to defense than you realize. 

LOL...You must have never watched a game. Hardin runs a Spread Offense with a TE. Either they had a big play for a TD or they punted. Either way they did not have long drives which would eat clock. Spread offenses are not known for eating clock. Time of Possession was very low. So the defense was much improved. In fact the Offense put the defense in a bind a majority of the time. Not to mention that QB threw 10 interceptions on the year and the offenses countless fumbles. The Hardin Offense left lots of points on the field this year and were in most games including East Chambers and La Marque until they killed themselves. Problems teams with losing culture have until they develop winning cultures. 

12 minutes ago, Billontherig said:

LOL...You must have never watched a game. Hardin runs a Spread Offense with a TE. Either they had a big play for a TD or they punted. Either way they did not have long drives which would eat clock. Spread offenses are not known for eating clock. Time of Possession was very low. So the defense was much improved. In fact the Offense put the defense in a bind a majority of the time. Not to mention that QB threw 10 interceptions on the year and the offenses countless fumbles. The Hardin Offense left lots of points on the field this year and were in most games including East Chambers and La Marque until they killed themselves. Problems teams with losing culture have until they develop winning cultures. 

Know how you develop winning cultures? Bring in coaches like Tod Stark and let him install a program.....not run him out of town in the middle of the season

10 minutes ago, Billontherig said:

You're absolutely right.  They scored 60 points in the district this year.... But scoring 60 points (2 touchdowns per game) leaves the defense on the field way longer than going 3 and out almost every single possession like last year.