Central Eliminated

AshlyHasBeen

This is the hidden content, please

Central reports that they played an ineligible player. The question is when the eligibility cut off was and how many games the player played in that time. Eligibility cut off in question because of Harvey. Trying to determine if player was ineligible when they beat Ozen.

It is determined Beaumont Central played an ineligible player the first 3 games of district schedule. In losses to P.A. Memorial and Vidor, and in a win against Ozen. Central will have to forfeit the win against Ozen. Central’s District record goes to 4-3 to 3-4. Ozen goes to 2-4

Before folks make the assumption that Central was trying to pull the wool over the district's eyes, let's remember a couple of things.  By Ogletree's tweets, it is apparent that this was a self reporting by Central, not them being caught by someone else.  Second, it didn't sound like the playing of these players was intentional but rather it was simply confusion about eligibility rules and an "eligibility cutoff."   If someone could explain that "cutoff" to me, it would be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Supposedly from what I was just told is that a kid that has been playing at Central since his sophomore year who was staying with his mom in Beaumont, their home was destroyed in Harvey.  Supposedly he went to stay with his dad in PA through this ordeal but still attended school at Central. 

It does not sound like an ineligibility because of residence, sounds like "no pass, no play eligibility."

24 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I heard earlier this week, 2 teams from 22-5A were being investigated and that both would heard on sometime before Friday night. 1 of the teams I knew about was Central. Turns out to be correct. There has been no update on the 2nd team, but it was a current playoff team. Hoping for no more bad news today.

A 2nd playoff team ?  If this keeps up there is a chance Lumberton might get in.