Roy Moore

new tobie

I suspect a bunch of Roy Moore’s increased support is coming from evangelicals because they, like I, are starting to assume any ugly thing out of a liberal’s mouth is just another lie. Also, that if the Left is against someone or something, we should assume that person or cause is worthy of our support.

The left for years has adopted the idea that “truth” is whatever supports your goals. If destroying Roy Moore’s candidacy is to be achieved, all methods are valid. The “authors” of the despicable Protocols of the Elders of Zion were amateurs in comparison to today’s Left. 

Don't you find it interesting that all of the "accusers" in the Herman Cain situation seemed to have dried up and gone away?  I don't think any of them carried their "traumatic issues" forward after he withdrew from the race.  There were several accusers in this circumstance and it seems as though somebody on here suggested that multiple accusers makes the "case" much more credible.  I guess their "desire to protect other likely victims in the future" disappeared as soon as they were paid and when Mr. Cain withdrew from the race.

8 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Don't you find it interesting that all of the "accusers" in the Herman Cain situation seemed to have dried up and gone away?  I don't think any of them carried their "traumatic issues" forward after he withdrew from the race.  There were several accusers in this circumstance and it seems as though somebody on here suggested that multiple accusers makes the "case" much more credible.  I guess their "desire to protect other likely victims in the future" disappeared as soon as they were paid and when Mr. Cain withdrew from the race.

I guess this was simply a case of "Democratic mission accomplished"!

...move on to the next victim candidate.

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Mitch McConnell calling for Roy to step down as other women come forward.  Pence soon to join the Remove Roy movement?

This is the hidden content, please

Don't know how this will turn out but one things for sure, the Republicans sure don't circle the wagons like Democrats...thank God.

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Hoops- could this be a "case that is winnable but it is cheaper ( in a variety of ways) to capitulate?

Could be Nash.  It’s worse than the “normal” because it involves (allegedly) underage girls.  McConnell has been more vocal than what I expected by coming out and saying he believes the women.  I will be interested in what Pence’s position will be.  There is much I don’t agree with him on but I don’t doubt he’s a man of faith.  This is just a very, very difficult situation.  And one of the reasons I want Moore to be innocent.  I’m tired of guys thumping their Bibles and turning out to be scumbags (see the Catholic priest scandal).  There’s more than the state of Alabama or our country involved here.  

54 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Don't know how this will turn out but one things for sure, the Republicans sure don't circle the wagons like Democrats...thank God.

Me either.  It’s just a terrible situation, no matter who is telling the truth.  From the GOP’s standpoint, this is an election they really can’t lose without something like this.  And he still will likely win.  But I’m sure they would rather someone less controversial in their camp.   But McConnell says he believes the women so I will try not to be cynical and take him at his word. 

Interesting......

This is the hidden content, please

I'm also seeing where in the signature "Roy Moore/D.A." the signature is lifted from the divorce papers signed by the judge. The signature in the yearbook is identical to the signature on the divorce papers. And, the D.A is the initials of the Judge's assistant, who applied a signature stamp to the divorce papers. Hmmmm....

Twitter reports, You decide.

Everyone needs to watch this.  Hannity will read a response from Roy Moore. One part in particular is interesting:  Back in 1999, one of Moore's accusers came before Moore in a divorce case in which she was involved in.  Moore was NEVER asked to recuse himself.  Plus the lady showed no distress appearing before Moore at that time.  This is opposed to the total distress she shows now.  Watch it and see what you think.

18 hours ago, stevenash said:

TxHoops- it is my understanding that of all the allegations against Mr. Moore, none have come in the form of a sworn statement.  If that is true, does that not raise some questions regarding validity?

Not sure if that’s true but it wouldn’t surprise me.  As to questions of validity or the veracity of the allegations, sworn statements are stronger legally speaking than those that aren’t.  Obviously when you swear to something under the penalty of perjury, there is at least a potential punishment for lying.