Roy Moore

new tobie

4 minutes ago, new tobie said:

This is the hidden content, please

Oh Im sorry , he's republican, we were'nt gonna bring this one up

So no comment? And no one from the non-Liberal side tries to stifle debate. You can bring it up, along with any other news story. We will just hammer your analysis (which is sure to be blatantly bias) if you offer one. But I really don't see you giving a detailed analysis. I would be surprised if you even read the article.

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

So no comment? And no one from the non-Liberal side tries to stifle debate. You can bring it up, along with any other news story. We will just hammer your analysis (which is sure to be blatantly bias) if you offer one. But I really don't see you giving a detailed analysis. I would be surprised if you even read the article.

I give whatever i please, and you can't stop me. 

27 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Oh Im sorry , he's republican, we were'nt gonna bring this one up. just like Bill Oreilly, Roger Ailes and the rest of the fox news bunch that ran Meagan kelly and Gretchen off.

If proven true, he deserves his punishment.  But, it is funny they would wait to now to say something.  

Based on the article, these incidents happened between 1977-1982 (I don't remember seeing that in the H. Post).  So these women decide to just "come forward", after 40 years?  Understand, I'm not condoning this If he did it, I just find an accusation from 40 years ago, just coming to light right before a big election, something that stinks to high heaven.  This smells of typical political tactics, or goldigging.  Stinks to high heaven.

And if Moore was such a sexual predator, why didn't he continue?  Oh, just wait a few days, they'll be lining up to tell their stories, if the money is right.

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

You spend a considerable amount of time on this message board.......just sayin

Someone would have to spend an inordinate amount of time on this message board to notice...just saying. Why do you even attempt to trash talk? You are just so bad at it. Stick with "grab um", at least that one was funny the first 10,000 times you said it.  Maybe resuscitate the "go feed your cats" line. That also typifies and clearly displays the intelligence level of the poster. Attempting the high-brow subtle jabs is just not you...which is clear to pretty much everyone.

6 hours ago, REBgp said:

Based on the article, these incidents happened between 1977-1982 (I don't remember seeing that in the H. Post).  So these women decide to just "come forward", after 40 years?  Understand, I'm not condoning this If he did it, I just find an accusation from 40 years ago, just coming to light right before a big election, something that stinks to high heaven.  This smells of typical political tactics, or goldigging.  Stinks to high heaven.

And if Moore was such a sexual predator, why didn't he continue?  Oh, just wait a few days, they'll be lining up to tell their stories, if the money is right.

I am with everyone (I think) on this board in condemning such conduct.  And you make an excellent point - the accusations are basically pedophilia, which many think is incurable, and even the most optimistic believe it takes extensive therapy.  I think we all believe victims should come forward and perpetrators punished.  But after 4 decades, how can anyone defend themself other than to say i didn’t do it.  And I am guessing there is no video/audio out there of Judge Moore bragging about groping teenage girls. 

On a related matter, some states, including our own, have removed the statute of limitations on these types of offenses.  So in this state, Judge Moore could be charged with this offense 40 years after it allegedly occurred.  I believe most prosecutors wouldn’t go near such a case with a 10 foot pole but one could if they so chose, thanks to the infinite wisdom (and I say this with every bit of sarcasm I can muster) of our representatives in Austin. 

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

On a related matter, some states, including our own, have removed the statute of limitations on these types of offenses.  So in this state, Judge Moore could be charged with this offense 40 years after it allegedly occurred.  I believe most prosecutors wouldn’t go near such a case with a 10 foot pole but one could if they so chose, thanks to the infinite wisdom (and I say this with every bit of sarcasm I can muster) of our representatives in Austin. 

Lmbo!  I'm no english prof so tell me, when the words, infinite wisdom, are applied to a group of politicians (anywhere), wouldn't that be an oxy moron?

On a serious note, I did a little searching on:  Is it a crime not to report a felony.  I was surprised in what little I was able to find (because I'm in remedial computer class), in most States/cases it's not.  My immediate inclination is to say it should be.  I'm pretty sure there's some good reasons why it's not a law, would you please enlighten me.

PS:  I did see (in one state) that it was against the law if police ask you about a felony and you said you didn't see it, and you had.  In most cases, it'd be hard to prove though.  Point is, I don't see much difference.  Again, I'll wait for your opinion on this matter.

Obviously, this allegation brought this up.  Just me personally, if you don't have reasonable proof, it should be a crime to accuse someone of a crime, that was committed over 5 (10/20?) years ago.

13 minutes ago, six burg said:

Doesn't really matter which party affiliation.

You're correct six burg.  My problem, and not just with Moore, but all these guys, including Weinstein, is accusers going back 30-40 years.  I know many probably don't agree with me, but if someone does you wrong, you should accuse them within a few years time frame, unless you have some daming evidence to back up your accusations.  

I laugh watching TV when the police say, "What were you doing the night of Sept 8"?   I'm thinking, I couldn't tell you what I was doing a week ago lol.  Course I'm old and senile.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

You're correct six burg.  My problem, and not just with Moore, but all these guys, including Weinstein, is accusers going back 30-40 years.  I know many probably don't agree with me, but if someone does you wrong, you should accuse them within a few years time frame, unless you have some daming evidence to back up your accusations.  

I laugh watching TV when the police say, "What were you doing the night of Sept 8"?   I'm thinking, I couldn't tell you what I was doing a week ago lol. Course I'm old and senile.

We may not always agree but I couldn’t agree more here :D 

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Lmbo!  I'm no english prof so tell me, when the words, infinite wisdom, are applied to a group of politicians (anywhere), wouldn't that be an oxy moron?

On a serious note, I did a little searching on:  Is it a crime not to report a felony.  I was surprised in what little I was able to find (because I'm in remedial computer class), in most States/cases it's not.  My immediate inclination is to say it should be.  I'm pretty sure there's some good reasons why it's not a law, would you please enlighten me.

PS:  I did see (in one state) that it was against the law if police ask you about a felony and you said you didn't see it, and you had.  In most cases, it'd be hard to prove though.  Point is, I don't see much difference.  Again, I'll wait for your opinion on this matter.

Obviously, this allegation brought this up.  Just me personally, if you don't have reasonable proof, it should be a crime to accuse someone of a crime, that was committed over 5 (10/20?) years ago.

In Texas it’s against the law to not report certain felonies and it’s against the law to not report abuse.  Neither would apply to a victim though.  It is also against the law to make a false report.