Silsbee 49 Cleveland 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

A share of the District 10-4A-I championship is on the line tonight as the Silsbee Tigers host the Cleveland Indians in their regular season finale.  Randy Smith's Tigers, 4-4 on the season, improved their record to 3-1 and punched their ticket to the 4A, Division I playoffs with a 61-30 win over Huffman Hargrave.  Keith Hendrix' Indians, 3-5 on the season fell to 1-3 in district with a 32-27 loss to Little Cypress-Mauriceville.

The playoff picture for the Tigers is a simple matter.  A win in tonight's game will secure at least the #2 seed out of District 10-4A-I for the Tigers and get them a bi-district playoff with Henderson (if they beat Palestine tonight).  A win plus a Little Cypress-Mauriceville loss to Navasota tonight will earn Silsbee the #1 seed and a date with Center (provided there is not a 4 way tie for 2nd).

The Indians still have a shot at a playoff spot as a win tonight and a Bridge City loss to Huffman Hargrave will send Cleveland to the playoffs as the #4 seed out of 10-4A-I and earn them a bi-district date with defending Class 4A, Division I State Champion, Carthage.

Join Tim Scoggins for all of the action from Tiger Stadium in Silsbee beginning with the Eastex Credit Pregame Show at 6:45 pm followed by the kickoff at 7:00 pm by clicking play on the following player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Silsbee Tiger Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

Silsbee will go into the playoffs on a four game win streak as Co-Champs and #1 seed. Congrats Tigers. This team and coaching staff had a lot of physical and emotional tragedies to overcome throughout the year. Congrats to the coaching staff for holding this team together and the seniors for leading this team. Good luck in the playoffs Tigers, Nacogdoches won't be able to handle the sea of maroon coming Friday night. TigerNation!!!