Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WOSgrad

Silsbee 49 Cleveland 21/FINAL

26 posts in this topic

A share of the District 10-4A-I championship is on the line tonight as the Silsbee Tigers host the Cleveland Indians in their regular season finale.  Randy Smith's Tigers, 4-4 on the season, improved their record to 3-1 and punched their ticket to the 4A, Division I playoffs with a 61-30 win over Huffman Hargrave.  Keith Hendrix' Indians, 3-5 on the season fell to 1-3 in district with a 32-27 loss to Little Cypress-Mauriceville.

The playoff picture for the Tigers is a simple matter.  A win in tonight's game will secure at least the #2 seed out of District 10-4A-I for the Tigers and get them a bi-district playoff with Henderson (if they beat Palestine tonight).  A win plus a Little Cypress-Mauriceville loss to Navasota tonight will earn Silsbee the #1 seed and a date with Center (provided there is not a 4 way tie for 2nd).

The Indians still have a shot at a playoff spot as a win tonight and a Bridge City loss to Huffman Hargrave will send Cleveland to the playoffs as the #4 seed out of 10-4A-I and earn them a bi-district date with defending Class 4A, Division I State Champion, Carthage.

Join Tim Scoggins for all of the action from Tiger Stadium in Silsbee beginning with the Eastex Credit Pregame Show at 6:45 pm followed by the kickoff at 7:00 pm by clicking play on the following player:

Follow Silsbee Tiger Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

On the kickoff, Indians couldn't handle the catch. Tigers recover and next play pass from Collins to Barnes for a TD. 

TIGERS 14 INDIANS 0

After the TIGERS stop the Indians on a 4th and 3, Tre Lowe for at least a 55yd TD run. 

TIGERS 35 INDIANS 7

1:52 left in 2nd qtr 

Silsbee will go into the playoffs on a four game win streak as Co-Champs and #1 seed. Congrats Tigers. This team and coaching staff had a lot of physical and emotional tragedies to overcome throughout the year. Congrats to the coaching staff for holding this team together and the seniors for leading this team. Good luck in the playoffs Tigers, Nacogdoches won't be able to handle the sea of maroon coming Friday night. TigerNation!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• SETXsports Pick'em Results - Week 5
      1.    Crosby/Vidor 2.    East Chambers/Woodville 3.    Evadale/Grapeland 4.   Baytown Sterling/Beaumont United 5.   Beaumont West Brook/C.E. King 6.   Galena Park/Port Arthur Memorial 7.   Barbers Hill/Dayton 8.   Port Neches-Groves/Baytown Lee 9.   Santa Fe/Nederland 10.  Orangefield/Buna 11.  Anahuac/Kirbyville 12.  Warren/West Hardin 13.  Bridge City/West Orange-Stark 14.  Hamshire-Fannett/Tarkington 15.  Liberty/Splendora 16.  Little Cypress-Mauriceville/Hardin-Jefferson 17.  Lumberton/Silsbee 18.  Gilmer/Newton 19.  Hemphill/San Augustine 20.  Hull-Daisetta/Kountze 21.  West Sabine/Beaumont Legacy 22.  Chester/High Island 23.  Calvert/Gilmer Union Hill 24.   Beaumont Kelly/Cypress Christian 25.   Baytown Christian/Austin Veritas
    • LC(M) @ HJ predictions
      Hardin Jefferson needs this win to help their confidence.  With who they have on schedule this year, getting away with a 4-6 record will be a win this year.  They have to get this one, Tarkington, and HF.  With LCM in relatively the same boat, I think it's going to be a battle.  Both want a good showing before district to build morale.
    • Looking ahead...EC @ Woodville
      Laughable. Buna won't stay within 50 points of EC. WV won't score a TD until the 4th quarter, and thats against our reserves. EC will have this game totally put away by halftime. AGAIN, this is not last year. EC will be playing football in December. WV will be long gone by then.   
    • Giants@Texans
      I'm all in with you on DW.  Be careful what you say about him though.  It might cost someone else a job.  He truly is not very good.  Fitzpatrick would be a huge upgrade.  Oh wait, he is making Tampa say Famous Jameis who.  O'Brien is supposed to be a quarterback whisperer.  Like I said before, I hope he calls Brady everday thanking him for his coaching gig, which will be over soon.
    • Giants@Texans
      With the exception of a meaningless garbage time TD with 1 sec. left, the QB put up a whopping 15 points on the board against the then 0-2 NYG's at home. Included was yet another pick in the endzone.  DW "might" be an excellent QB one day. Might. However, what would the fan base reaction be if Oswiller or Savage was the QB right now??? The picthforks would be out, carried by a very large very angry mob in the NRG parking lot.  DW, meanwhile gets a full pass. Its "BOB fault...JJ Watts fault...the Texans Cheerleaders fault...its the hot dog vendors fault!...ANYONE but DW!  ANYONE!      . 
  • Topics