MCM 2017 NUMBER CRUNCH AND PREDICTION

Stattrax

Grad... I stole your stats!!!!

Here is the tell all....

Offensive Stats:

P.N.G.                   Nederland

Average Points Per game                51                            33

Average yards Per game                472                          391

Rushing Yards per game                197                          226

Passing yards per game                 275                          165

Defensive Stats:

Points Allowed Per game                 17                           16

Yards allowed per game                  310                         248

If you look at the rest of the stats, I do not see anything that really stands out. Both teams are balanced, however L.K. makes up a good percentage of the P.N.G. stats.

So, if Nederland is going to be successful, they will need to take away the left hand. Its a crap shoot, pick your poison. I do think Monte will have a plan together that will give the Dogs a chance at pulling this thing out.

For P.N.G. to be successful, it appears they will need to stop the run and make Fernandez pick the secondary apart.

Nederland will not want to play a fast paced game, a barn burner is not something they can win. Monte will want to control the ball, run it down the defense throats, mix in a few passes, and eat a ton of clock.

P.N.G. will play into their system and take what they get. If its running, they will run, if its passing, they will pass.

In years past, you always have the Neumann factor, this year, its Monte's show.

My prediction....

First half will be rather slow and sloppy, penalties, a few lead changes, and everyone will be on the edge of their seats, you will hear a little Cherokee, and a little dog barking.

Halftime will be, well a halftime...

2nd half L.K. and his crew start putting up points, Nederland will hang in for a few drives, but ultimately, in the end, L.K. takes over, and he is just really difficult to stop.

But as we all know, its a rivalry game, anything can happen...

For Nederland to win..... Simmons will have to have a career night.

For P.N.G. to win..... L.K. just needs to be L.K.

3 hours ago, bigdog said:

Pretty good analysis, except for the final prediction of course.  Dogs need to keep pressure on the QB all night and keep him off balance but not let him get loose when they pressure.

haven't had anyone have success doing that yet, RJ is the Y factor and yall will be saying Y cant we stop him lol

Wow. I am sure everyone has heard the rumors this week. But I just heard around the water cooler, that Nederland will have a different QB this week. Monte Barrow will now be the head coach/quarterback. I was told he is the only QB that knows how to neat P.N.G. without Uncle Larry on the sidelines...

1 hour ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I think in order for Nederland to win they’ll have to run for 300+ yards. As many have said it’s going to be a tall task in order to stop Shug. I think this will be the highest scoring Mid County Madness in awhile I think it will be similar to the 2010 game in terms of scoring 

We ran for that much against PNG... ended up with a big fat goose egg on the board. Good luck to y’all lol 

17 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

We ran for that much against PNG... ended up with a big fat goose egg on the board. Good luck to y’all lol 

Only Memorial and Baytown Sterling have got close to the 300 yard rushing mark vs. PNG this year. That's what its going to take to beat PNG this year. The last time Nederland beat PNG Nederland ran the ball 41 times they're going to have to repeat that tomorrow because PNG will get their points on offense.