2017 Texas High School Jamboree

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I am awaiting an answer to my question which, if answered, may stem some of your complaints above.

Is this the place where someone says "crickets"?   I'm still trying to figure out how 2,500 vs 4,000 equates to playing a school 5 times bigger.  

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Is this the place where someone says "crickets"?   I'm still trying to figure out how 2,500 vs 4,000 equates to playing a school 5 times bigger.  

Yates plays and competes with schools that are much larger ..same situation and when they lose nobody brings up the enrollment....the same people on here coming up with that excuse was the same people saying that Silsbee would beat Atascocita..now when ya lose u want to play the enrollment excuse..smh 

1 hour ago, bradyb said:

Bayou City sounds like another Silsbee hater lol. Silsbee plays 6A & 5A all pre season for a reason. They have huge role players still in football. This is not a excuse, this is a fact! Silsbee is playing with 4 varsity basketball players right now lol 

How is this hate ..I said that Silsbee is an exceptional team ...Are you calling me a hater because I’m not on board with using enrollment or football players as an excuse...Maybe ur definition of hater is the new definition..

.hate/saltism is more like NOT acknowledging that the better team on that day won ...hate = the day before saying that ur gonna win the game with what you have then rescinding what u said and using the enrollment or football excuse...

17 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

How is this hate ..I said that Silsbee is an exceptional team ...Are you calling me a hater because I’m not on board with using enrollment or football players as an excuse...Maybe ur definition of hater is the new definition..

.hate/saltism is more like NOT acknowledging that the better team on that day won ...hate = the day before saying that ur gonna win the game with what you have then rescinding what u said and using the enrollment or football excuse...

Bayou City 713, I do remember during Yates National Championship Run and the years afterwards  they played against highly ranked teams without mentioning anything about enrollment or the number of D1 players they were competing against. 

33 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Bayou City 713, I do remember during Yates National Championship Run and the years afterwards  they played against highly ranked teams without mentioning anything about enrollment or the number of D1 players they were competing against. 

Yes I Watched yates play Finley Prep one year ..a team with older players (5th year seniors) that team was stacked ...they had the number one draft pick and several other players on their roster that went to the nba...Yates lost..Yates best player was put in foul trouble early on questionable calls and never got his rhythm ..during and after the loss I never heard anybody in the crowd use recruiting or officiating as an excuse...

5 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Yes I Watched yates play Finley Prep one year ..a team with older players (5th year seniors) that team was stacked ...they had the number one draft pick and several other players on their roster that went to the nba...Yates lost..Yates best player was put in foul trouble early on questionable calls and never got his rhythm ..during and after the loss I never heard anybody in the crowd use recruiting or officiating as an excuse...

If you went to a Yates game and didn’t hear complaining about officiating, you were wearing the best darn ear plugs on the market!!

47 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

If you went to a Yates game and didn’t hear complaining about officiating, you were wearing the best darn ear plugs on the market!!

5 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Homie reread my post I did not say I didn’t hear complaints of officiating...tell me where I said that at 

You must’ve misunderstood what I was saying ...what  Im saying is that I never heard them blame attendance officiating or recruiting  after losses...and  did you say or think  that Silsbee would beat Atascocita with what they had?or did you not?  

43 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

And Yates has accomplished a lot more in both sports ...open ur mind bruh..quit wanting it both ways ...take ur losses , and asses what you can do better the next time around 

Yates was the stuff in football back in the day.  No doubt.  Especially that '85 team.  Lot of peeps too young to know about that.  Here lately though, not so much.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

Yates was the stuff in football back in the day.  No doubt.  Especially that '85 team.  Lot of peeps too young to know about that.  Here lately though, not so much.

Bingo.  That team was one of the all time greats.  HISD football now is laughable at best.  But as someone who prefers the round ball, I am appreciative of their product on the hard court. 

I attended yesterday's game. Silsbee suited out 9 players, played 7. Of those 9, 3-4 will be starters, 2 will be varsity players, the others JV. Atascocita suited out 15 players with only 2 players expected to be moved down to JV when football ends. Cita coach told me he is only expecting 1 football player to be on varsity and he is a bench player. Cita's top 10 in rotation played yesterday, including their best player who had been out the first few games this year. Silsbee will be getting 7 from football, with 1-2 of them being starters and 3 being the first 4 off the bench. That's very significant when comparing these two teams in a game. Enrollment size not the issue. What was on the floor and bench yesterday is the issue. Just facts.

No way, no way should Atascocita with their full team should lose to a Silsbee "Lite" team. I said Cita would beat Silsbee, which they did.

Silsbee at full strength beats Cita yesterday, no question. Many in attendance with no Silsbee connections stated this as well. Now I don't necessarily believe Silsbee beat's Concordia with a full team, but they would have had a better chance with a full squad.

Silsbee has faced this issue for years. Starting off the season without several varsity players is nothing new for the Tigers. The difference in the last 3 years or so from past years, is that Coach Sigler has upgraded the schedule in the early part of the season. Playing full squad 6A, 5A and big Private schools early who have played a few games is a tall task for a full Tiger squad, much less a Lite squad.

This all works for Silsbee in the long run. So what if Silsbee is something like 3-7 when football ends. The team will be better for it.

This is neither here nor there, but Silsbee must have played Carthage early in the playoffs last year, because I remember seeing football players on the floor during those games played around thanksgiving last year.  And they won both games against Houston Christian and then against Westbury Christian.  For what that's worth..

5 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

This is neither here nor there, but Silsbee must have played Carthage early in the playoffs last year, because I remember seeing football players on the floor during those games played around thanksgiving last year.  And they won both games against Houston Christian and then against Westbury Christian.  For what that's worth..

Silsbee lost in 1st round last year. They are currently in 3rd round this year.

A very good example of having a full squad than a "Lite" squad when playing very good teams to start the season is this year to last year.

I'm glad coach Sigler isn't afraid to take on big teams regardless of what players he has. If we lose we lose. Respect everyone but fear nobody is his mantra. I hope whoever proceeds him in coaching continues this after he retires. They'll probably have their full roster after this week anyways. They just need a little time to gel after that.

All that really matters is how Silsbee is playing come playoff time.