10-4A DI Playoffs

STiger85

With one game left to play in district here are the playoff scenarios.

Silsbee (3-1) v Cleveland: A win a Co-Championship, a win and LCM loss #1 seed, a win and LCM win #2 seed, a loss and LCM win #2 seed, a loss and Navasota win #3 seed.

LCM (3-1) v Navasota: A win and Silsbee loss District Championship, a win and Silsbee win Co-Championship #1 seed, a loss and Silsbee loss #2 seed, a loss and Silsbee win #3 seed.

Navasota (3-1) v LCM: A win and Silsbee loss District Championship, a win and Silsbee win Co-Champs #2 seed, a loss and Silsbee win #3 seed, a loss and Silsbee loss #3 seed.

Bridge City (1-3) v Huffman: A win #4 seed, a loss and out of the playoffs

Cleveland (1-3) v Silsbee: A win and Huffman win #4 seed, a loss and out of the playoffs.

Huffman (1-3) v Bridge City: A win and Cleveland loss #4 seed, a win and Cleveland win out of the playoffs, a loss and out of the playoffs.

A lot of variables for the last week of district play. Hope I got it all correct. Makes the district race much more exciting. Good Luck.

Awesome break down of what is at stake for each game. I think that it’s pretty cool that every team has a chance for the playoffs going into the last week of district play. It’ll be a long shot but I sure hope that my Indians can pull off the upset of District play Friday night. Of course I’m forced to root for Huffman as well. No matter how it plays out, good luck to all the representatives that make it out of district. 

11 minutes ago, Kegger said:

Awesome break down of what is at stake for each game. I think that it’s pretty cool that every team has a chance for the playoffs going into the last week of district play. It’ll be a long shot but I sure hope that my Indians can pull off the upset of District play Friday night. Of course I’m forced to root for Huffman as well. No matter how it plays out, good luck to all the representatives that make it out of district. 

I need them Indians to win. Tell the band to play some Cherokee are something lol

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

At home, Senior Night, effectively a playoff game since the winner gets in. I think Dubois will have the kids coached up and ready to play. Cards win. 

You are exactly right. It really is a playoff game for BC and Huffman. Loser definitely stays home. But Huffman could win and still miss playoffs.

I really like both head coaches, so I can't have a rooting interest. Though I do have more sympathy for BC in all their injuries. All I can say is both teams play well. May the best team win.

33 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You kinda have to wonder who the big winner will really be since they'll likely walk into a saw with Carthage next week.  

Exactly. But, for resume purposes, it's best to have made playoffs (even if 4 of the 6 teams go) than to not make playoffs.

13 minutes ago, Green and Bold said:

How many times I gotta say it. IF! we win, won't find no CO on my swag. FYI if this class can pull it off, I believe they will have finished first or tied for first since 7th grade (LCM,  not sure about Mauriceville jr. High). Will not be an easy task so let's see if the D and O can finally play a complete game.

It should be a good game. Hopefully the kids and coaches come out and put a 4 quarters into game. Did you watch LCM vs Navasota last year?

51 minutes ago, Green and Bold said:

How many times I gotta say it. IF! we win, won't find no CO on my swag. FYI if this class can pull it off, I believe they will have finished first or tied for first since 7th grade (LCM,  not sure about Mauriceville jr. High). Will not be an easy task so let's see if the D and O can finally play a complete game.

Good grief...