Mid County Madness predictions

NHSBulldogFan

3 minutes ago, James Mosley said:

Wow hanging the balance of this game on a pooch kick! 10 to 15 yards is what you give up on a pooch kick. Way to dig deep biaplayer! How about a good ole out coached, out played as a team, beat down and leave it at that.

They potentially lost 10 yards at the most, balls on the 25 for a touchback and Ned started the last drive at the 35.  It's the high percentage play versus giving up a bigger return.

52 minutes ago, James Mosley said:

Wow hanging the balance of this game on a pooch kick! 10 to 15 yards is what you give up on a pooch kick. Way to dig deep biaplayer! How about a good ole out coached, out played as a team, beat down and leave it at that.

not digging deep, just saying we as a special teams group cant contain the pooch kick, it is ridiculous. might as well onside it and give them great field position smh. When the game is on the line would you rather pin the opposing team deep or give them great field position on the 50, surely you are smarter than that, at least I hope you are!!

50 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

not digging deep, just saying we as a special teams group cant contain the pooch kick, it is ridiculous. might as well onside it and give them great field position smh. When the game is on the line would you rather pin the opposing team deep or give them great field position on the 50, surely you are smarter than that, at least I hope you are!!

We started the drive on the 35. You kick in the end zone we start on the 25. I hope you are smarter than that and can see the pooch kick was not the deal breaker in this game. Would have loved to have seen y’all kick it deep and we returned it to the fifty. What then?, dang we should have pooch kicked! Just stir the pot and get ya some crow!!

3 minutes ago, James Mosley said:

We started the drive on the 35. You kick in the end zone we start on the 25. I hope you are smarter than that and can see the pooch kick was not the deal breaker in this game. Would have loved to have seen y’all kick it deep and we returned it to the fifty. What then?, dang we should have pooch kicked! Just stir the pot and get ya some crow!!

no sir if he would have kicked it out of the endzone you wouldn't have returned it to the 50. just saying Ive watched this team kick it deep and ive watched the pooch kick, we have had people return it a lot farther than the 50. This team cant make a tackle to save their life on kickoffs hell I would prefer to kick it out of bounds, to add to your comment the pooch kick didn't get us beat, but it sounds a hell of a lot better than blaming the refs, missing the holding calls on our receivers that only got called 1 time, or our coach playing too conservative and expecting our qb to run it 40 times when we have running backs that can get it done maybe not in dramatic ways like RJ but they were getting some good runs in. It was a good game prob one of the better MCM s that I have watched in a while. We made a few mistakes here and there but in the end the we didn't stop NEDs offense when it counted most. Im not gonna cry over spilled koolaid they just need to take this loss and learn from it going into this week against Crosby. You can stir the pot im hungry and can eat! Might be better with my work schedule that we make it dinner, I tried to go there yesterday at 2 and the place was packed with a 40 min wait time. lol let me know

7 minutes ago, NDNation said:

RJ slipped also. Nederlands grass is nothing new though. We should have been prepared.

Not making an excuse. There was standing water on the sidelines. It was obvious they watered down the field. It makes a difference when you dont have longer cleats for the mud. 

3 hours ago, biaplayer said:

no sir if he would have kicked it out of the endzone you wouldn't have returned it to the 50. just saying Ive watched this team kick it deep and ive watched the pooch kick, we have had people return it a lot farther than the 50. This team cant make a tackle to save their life on kickoffs hell I would prefer to kick it out of bounds, to add to your comment the pooch kick didn't get us beat, but it sounds a hell of a lot better than blaming the refs, missing the holding calls on our receivers that only got called 1 time, or our coach playing too conservative and expecting our qb to run it 40 times when we have running backs that can get it done maybe not in dramatic ways like RJ but they were getting some good runs in. It was a good game prob one of the better MCM s that I have watched in a while. We made a few mistakes here and there but in the end the we didn't stop NEDs offense when it counted most. Im not gonna cry over spilled koolaid they just need to take this loss and learn from it going into this week against Crosby. You can stir the pot im hungry and can eat! Might be better with my work schedule that we make it dinner, I tried to go there yesterday at 2 and the place was packed with a 40 min wait time. lol let me know

Dude, we returned the pouch kick to the 35, that’s what happened. So if you kicked it out of the Enzone we would have started on the 25. Hanging your hat on a ten yard difference is a little weak for an excuse for blaming a pouch kick. 

On 11/12/2017 at 2:10 PM, PNGNDN1990 said:

You have to look at the 2009 team was not the work of Brandon Faircloth that was his first year they were the kids of Matt Burnette and staff! I know BF likes to take credit for that but all those starters were on varsity in 2008 and weren't developed by BF! 

Hmmm, I mentioned this on the other thread, what was Burnett's record vs Nederland?   5-10?

7 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Not making an excuse. There was standing water on the sidelines. It was obvious they watered down the field. It makes a difference when you dont have longer cleats for the mud. 

But y’all had your Storm Trooper uniforms on. We figured y’all would be ready for a little water... Besides, we only did it in case there were flares shot on the field. One team seemed a tad bit more prepared than the other.

1 hour ago, jake94 said:

But y’all had your Storm Trooper uniforms on. We figured y’all would be ready for a little water... Besides, we only did it in case there were flares shot on the field. One team seemed a tad bit more prepared than the other.

Makes me thankful for our sponsorship with Lacrosse.....Simmons sure can scoot in those knee high cleats.