Mid County Madness predictions

NHSBulldogFan

13 hours ago, PAT said:

The biggest arbiter of the game kept magically reoccurring in the 2nd half. :)

14 hours ago, PAT said:

Don’t care about point differential. Line PNG and PAM against each other 10 times and PAM wins 7-8 times if not more. Like I said before, I think all of PN knows who the better team is. Doesn’t matter how you cut the onion it’s still gonna make you cry!!!

23 hours ago, outanup said:

LOL...still whining.  Best team won.  Get more disciplined.  It's not a track meet, it's a football game.  They line up and run the 100 m, PAM wins.  They line up and play football, PNG wins.  Tough pill for you to swallow I guess.  

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:51 AM, Stattrax said:

so glad to see the PNG faithful finally having a chance to talk trash. Seems like for years they stayed so quiet on this board around this game. They obviously have a good reason to talk trash now that they have a legit team with possibly enough talent to beat Nederland. Well I guess we will play the game anyways just to make sure the better team wins. Glad to have all you trash talkers back talking trash this week. Was beginning to think you guys were scared to talk  it up even this year.

18 hours ago, James Mosley said:

We always go to Taco Rey before the game.

I will be at El Viejo Tony. Collazo is a friend of mine but Taco Rey is too deep in enemy territory and the margaritas are much better at El Viejo. I would suggest several to the Ned fans. It will help process the pain with what is about to go down much better. 

Port Neches-Groves (8-0, 7-0) at Nederland (6-2, 5-2)
Port-Neches Groves and its high-powered offense will look to cap off a perfect regular season with a win at arch-rival Nederland in what DCTF calls the state’s most intense rivalry. In fact, it’s so intense it has not one but two nicknames, Mid-County Madness and the Bum Phillips Bowl.  The Indians offense, led by quarterback Roschon Johnson, hasn’t scored less than 42 points in a single game all year. Last week the defense also was elite as PNG rolled past Beaumont Ozen, 48-0. Ozen only managed 97 yards of offense, while Johnson threw for 284 yards and four touchdowns and ran for another score in the lopsided victory. Nederland’s playoff status is still a bit up in the air. The Bulldogs are in outright with an upset win, but a loss possibly throws the team into a three-way tie with Vidor and Beaumont Central. NHS took care of business last week knocking off Lumberton 41-31 as Devon Simmons led an offense that rolled up over 500 yards of offense rushing for 248 yards and two scores. Nederland’s defense, especially late last week, showed some vulnerability and that’s a bit out of character as this group held powerful Port Arthur Memorial to just 13 points. It’ll need a similar effort to stay in the game this week as PNG has the kind of offense that can simply overwhelm you. It’s a rivalry game and some major upsets and strange things have happened in the past. Expect 12,000-plus to be in attendance and expect a lot of points, but I’m starting to think this PNG squad can be a threat in Region III.
Stepp’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves by 9
Max’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Ishmael’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Brady’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves

5 minutes ago, 22-5A talk said:

Port Neches-Groves (8-0, 7-0) at Nerdland (6-2, 5-2)
Port-Neches Groves and its high-powered offense will look to cap off a perfect regular season with a win at arch-rival Nerdland in what DCTF calls the state’s most intense rivalry. In fact, it’s so intense it has not one but two nicknames, Mid-County Madness and the Bum Phillips Bowl.  The Indians offense, led by quarterback Legend Killer, hasn’t scored less than 42 points in a single game all year. Last week the defense also was elite as PNG rolled past Beaumont Ozen, 48-0. Ozen only managed 97 yards of offense, while Johnson threw for 284 yards and four touchdowns and ran for another score in the lopsided victory. Nederland’s playoff status is still a bit up in the air. The Bullpups are in outright with an upset win, but a loss possibly throws the team into a three-way tie with Vidor and Beaumont Central. NHS took care of business last week knocking off Chumperton 41-31 as Devon Simmons led an offense that rolled up over 500 yards of offense rushing for 248 yards and two scores. Nederland’s defense, especially late last week, showed some vulnerability and that’s a bit out of character as this group held powerful Port Arthur Memorial to just 13 points. It’ll need a similar effort to stay in the game this week as PNG has the kind of offense that can simply overwhelm you. It’s a rivalry game and some major upsets and strange things have happened in the past. Expect 12,000-plus to be in attendance, and about 7500 parked in ditches, and expect a lot of points, but I’m starting to think this PNG squad can be a threat in Region III.
Stepp’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves by 9
Max’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Ishmael’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves
Brady’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves

I fixed the errors.....

The line is already starting. I just went and parked my Yugo in the first ditch south of the north entrance on the west side. I got lucky and found a ditch that was only a few foot deep with minimal water in it. Already a few folks tailgating and BBQing on the street. One fellow had an I LUV UNCLE LARRY shirt on...

14 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

The line is already starting. I just went and parked my Yugo in the first ditch south of the north entrance on the west side. I got lucky and found a ditch that was only a few foot deep with minimal water in it. Already a few folks tailgating and BBQing on the street. One fellow had an I LUV UNCLE LARRY shirt on...

I also noticed Shugs dad out there. Had a purple shirt on and the front said My sons back is hurt. As I passed him and read the back of his shirt it said my sons tired of carrying his team!!