Vidor vs PAM

pakronos

44 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Well the so called first place team bring out the special players at home that seemed to miss holding calls when that team was on offense... mmmm... clearly the best team is the second team

On a side note, we met y'alls left tackle on a recruiting trip this weekend. Great kid and family! Enjoyed our time visiting with them.

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

Well the so called first place team bring out the special players at home that seemed to miss holding calls when that team was on offense... mmmm... clearly the best team is the second team

as I so stated in the game between vidor and PAM the second place team in district will win this one. Sorry scoreboard and now record books show that PAM lost to PNG, so yes the second place team will win this game. Stir the pot ever so gently

5 hours ago, biaplayer said:

as I so stated in the game between vidor and PAM the second place team in district will win this one. Sorry scoreboard and now record books show that PAM lost to PNG, so yes the second place team will win this game. Stir the pot ever so gently

by the end of the night, PAM will be co-DISTRICT CHAMPS!!

26 minutes ago, pakronos said:

by the end of the night, PAM will be co-DISTRICT CHAMPS!!

As much as I would like a win against y’all, I think I’d get more satisfaction seeing PNG go down an have to share the Championship.

Born and raised in PA until I was 11years Old. Use to ride my bicycle all over PA! Some good memories made there. Hopefully everyone comes out healthy in this game! Go Pirates! Go Dogs!

I'm guessing Pirates by 6.  Say hmmmm..... 34-28.  Eat up clock & yards with Slot T.  Vidor D causes PAM run game problems.  For all this to happen, will take a bunch of - crossing fingers - voodoo dolls - and the return of Blackbeard.  It's as simple as that.

19 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I'm guessing Pirates by 6.  Say hmmmm..... 34-28.  Eat up clock & yards with Slot T.  Vidor D causes PAM run game problems.  For all this to happen, will take a bunch of - crossing fingers - voodoo dolls - and the return of Blackbeard.  It's as simple as that.

Well get started...

You going?

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, Jag Insider said:

Hey Pirate fans, you will have a small group of Central fans including me, sitting on you alls side, cheering you on this weekend since we don't play until Saturday.  Nothing against the Titans at all...

Good deal man... it was a great game last year... last year's JV game between these two was a good one too when both JV teams were undefeated and playing for the DC... Between the varsity returners and last year's JV guys that are playing on Fridays, all of these players have some experience playing in a big game against each other.... hoping for a great game with a ton of highlights... oh and my prediction is Vidor by 7

On 11/4/2017 at 4:35 PM, Bulldogpower said:

I agree with that. A W would be nice but what's it matter if say stogner goes down and is gone for round one. Kinda dumb if its two teams going to the playoffs playing  each other and you lose out on critical players to carry you the rest of the way. 

They want the win because they want a chance at the district title and are hoping for a Nederland win 

On 11/5/2017 at 9:27 AM, vp93 said:

I believe (from reading the UIL post season packet) if Vidor and Crosby play this year, since they played last year and Crosby was the home team that Vidor will be home and get to pick the site. I would guess at Lamar on Thursday. Playing on Thursday does give Vidor an advantage, one less day for a team to prepare for an offense that they do not see every week.

Coaches get together to decide on time and location,depending on what’s available. They can do a coin flip if they want to decide home field advantage if they want,which being from PNG, I wish they would because they bring the fans no matter where they play. The home team doesn’t decide they location unless they have a neutral site agreed to

22 hours ago, REBgp said:

I was thinking, if we could get the same Refs who did the PNG PAM game, we might have a better chance.   

Vidor’s best defense will be Memorial’s penalties due to lack of discipline. They will play with a lot of intensity because they want revenge,thus they will commit lots of mistakes. They can say other teams bring the refs, but the stats from every game are out there. They haven’t played one game where the didn’t have less than 4 penalties. Hell, they had 10 just against Ozen (which is not a Mid-county team). They are good enough to play with less intensity, not get penalized and still win by a lot, but they won’t play that way. And yes, some teams do get away with not getting called on some plays, including PA, but you can’t say it’s biased because one team gets penalized more than the other, it’s just that the other team was more disciplined in that game. I see PA winning 35-21, but hoping for a Vidor win, just in case Nederland pulls out a win against the Indians

2 hours ago, chupamicabra said:

Coaches get together to decide on time and location,depending on what’s available. They can do a coin flip if they want to decide home field advantage if they want,which being from PNG, I wish they would because they bring the fans no matter where they play. The home team doesn’t decide they location unless they have a neutral site agreed to

According to the UIL playoff packet, if a team meets the same team in the playoffs the home will be rotated. So whomever lost the coin flip the first year gets the choice the second year. It also says a neutral site can not be more than 2/3rds the distance between the 2 schools, Crosby high school is 70 miles from Vidor high school and Stalworth stadium is 62 miles from VHS. So, it can not be considered a neutral site. 

On 11/6/2017 at 9:30 AM, pakronos said:

Hay y'all had the game in y'all hands just know y'all got beat up front that's it take it or leave it better chance next year naw not seeing that either with RJ coming back

15 hours ago, WOSFAN99 said:

Hay y'all had the game in y'all hands just know y'all got beat up front that's it take it or leave it better chance next year naw not seeing that either with RJ coming back

PAM will be just as good or better next yr.  They probably won't have another Hines, but they'll have a legit running back.  Wrs will be better and more experienced, and a QB that can really sling it. Most of the starters on D are Jrs, so they'll be solid once again plus lots of talent on JV.  Just hope they have an opportunity to play each other again with this realignment.