Vidor vs PAM

pakronos

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Our run defense this year has been pretty solid. Our pass defense is what breaks down a lot. We get teams to 3rd and long an can’t get off the field. It drives you nuts!

That will be key. Keitha did a good job throwing the ball against us, so keeping him and Hines off the field as long as you can is important. For the Titans, they have to stay in position on defense and not overrun the play. I think this offense can hurt a aggressive speedy defense. Patience is key. We did that pretty well against Vidor and it showed. 

30 minutes ago, Realville said:

Well.... If us winning isn’t going to change who we play in the playoffs, I say let the young running backs get more playing time against Memorial. Cut the workload for your starters.  Main thing is to be rested and healthy for Crosby. We’re going to need it.

No.  Go all out and beat them...  Lol

3 hours ago, Realville said:

Well.... If us winning isn’t going to change who we play in the playoffs, I say let the young running backs get more playing time against Memorial. Cut the workload for your starters.  Main thing is to be rested and healthy for Crosby. We’re going to need it.

I agree with that. A W would be nice but what's it matter if say stogner goes down and is gone for round one. Kinda dumb if its two teams going to the playoffs playing  each other and you lose out on critical players to carry you the rest of the way. 

7 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

I agree with that. A W would be nice but what's it matter if say stogner goes down and is gone for round one. Kinda dumb if its two teams going to the playoffs playing  each other and you lose out on critical players to carry you the rest of the way. 

Yep, we lost our big fullback week 2. I hope he’ll be able to be available for the playoffs. He’s a huge difference maker. Definitely softens up the middle for us. We missed him when we played y’all. We got some other good young backs. Let em Run. Save the work horses. 

6 minutes ago, Realville said:

Yep, we lost our big fullback week 2. I hope he’ll be able to be available for the playoffs. He’s a huge difference maker. Definitely softens up the middle for us. We missed him when we played y’all. We got some other good young backs. Let em Run. Save the work horses. 

Precisely, 21-5A needs some losses so let the young guys have a go at it. Idk if JM is in the same train of thought though

11 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Precisely, 21-5A needs some losses so let the young guys have a go at it. Idk if JM is in the same train of thought though

Well , I hope so. We play a very physical style of offense and it takes it toll by the end of the season. It would be wise to cut the work load but who knows what he’ll do. I certainly don’t have any input. Lol! I barely have any input at my own house. Lol:) 

You play to win the game. Jeff and the boys will be playing to beat PAM for momentum to the playoffs; the worst thing to do is sit players. The biggest weapon Vidor has against PAM is Jeff Mathews...his game plan last year was spot on. Cosby doesn't scare us, it was a good game last year and will be a good game this year. I just don't want to play it on Thursday just like last year or like we played Nederville at 2:00 p.m. on a Saturday after Harvey. Make it so your fans can come to the game and support their team. Period.

12 hours ago, Realville said:

Our run defense this year has been pretty solid. Our pass defense is what breaks down a lot. We get teams to 3rd and long an can’t get off the field. It drives you nuts!

Our pass defense is breaking down because we've started backing off the receivers. Nederville beat us with two long pass plays and now we're afraid to play up tight; too much space. We weren't doing it before that game. 

8 hours ago, robanadana said:

You play to win the game. Jeff and the boys will be playing to beat PAM for momentum to the playoffs; the worst thing to do is sit players. The biggest weapon Vidor has against PAM is Jeff Mathews...his game plan last year was spot on. Cosby doesn't scare us, it was a good game last year and will be a good game this year. I just don't want to play it on Thursday just like last year or like we played Nederville at 2:00 p.m. on a Saturday after Harvey. Make it so your fans can come to the game and support their team. Period.

I never said Vidor shouldn’t play to win. Just think they need to throw a bone or two to the young running backs which would keep the starters legs a little fresher. It would be nice if they would play the game at the Butch on a Friday night. Thought that was a little crazy playing in Baytown on a Thursday night last year. 

1 hour ago, Realville said:

I never said Vidor shouldn’t play to win. Just think they need to throw a bone or two to the young running backs which would keep the starters legs a little fresher. It would be nice if they would play the game at the Butch on a Friday night. Thought that was a little crazy playing in Baytown on a Thursday night last year. 

I believe (from reading the UIL post season packet) if Vidor and Crosby play this year, since they played last year and Crosby was the home team that Vidor will be home and get to pick the site. I would guess at Lamar on Thursday. Playing on Thursday does give Vidor an advantage, one less day for a team to prepare for an offense that they do not see every week.

9 minutes ago, vp93 said:

I believe (from reading the UIL post season packet) if Vidor and Crosby play this year, since they played last year and Crosby was the home team that Vidor will be home and get to pick the site. I would guess at Lamar on Thursday. Playing on Thursday does give Vidor an advantage, one less day for a team to prepare for an offense that they do not see every week.

I’d take Thursday at Lamar. Just not Thursday in Baytown. I hope your right!

15 hours ago, robanadana said:

Our pass defense is breaking down because we've started backing off the receivers. Nederville beat us with two long pass plays and now we're afraid to play up tight; too much space. We weren't doing it before that game. 

Go get your teaching degree and you can play the defense you want.  

48 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

rjfljiRR_400x400.jpg

Fan which is short for Fanatic.

fa·nat·ic
fəˈnadik/
noun
  1. 1
    a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
    synonyms:

zealotextremistmilitant, dogmatist, devoteeadherent

You will be alright after y’all get bounced out of the playoffs!

3 hours ago, biaplayer said:

just my two cents, I think Vidor loses to the second best team in the district and that is PAM.

Well the so called first place team bring out the special players at home that seemed to miss holding calls when that team was on offense... mmmm... clearly the best team is the second team

6 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Well the so called first place team bring out the special players at home that seemed to miss holding calls when that team was on offense... mmmm... clearly the best team is the second team

Will you ever be able to get over it! How bout I take you to lunch...