Vidor vs PAM

pakronos

19 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I like Memorial 2 weeks to prepare for Vidor’s offense will help them out tremendously 

So that’s why he graciously volunteered to switch his bye week with Vidor at the beginning of our season but it all worked out. Vidor wasn’t ready to play anyway due to hurricane Harvey. Hoping for a injury free game so both teams can start the playoffs healthy. Does a win by either team affect the playoff picture? Haven’t been keeping up with it.

4 minutes ago, Realville said:

So that’s why he graciously volunteered to switch his bye week with Vidor at the beginning of our season but it all worked out. Vidor wasn’t ready to play anyway due to hurricane Harvey. Hoping for a injury free game so both teams can start the playoffs healthy. Does a win by either team affect the playoff picture? Haven’t been keeping up with it.

Vidor has already clinched the 3rd seat in the playoffs. I think its a given that Central will win next week vs. Baytown Lee. A Memorial win and Vidor loss would put Vidor at 5-3 Central at 5-3. I think most people expect Nederland to lose to PNG that would also put Nederland at 5-3 in district. Based on that scenario Nederland would go to the playoffs based on the tiebreaker system. A Vidor win would mean that Nederland would have to beat PNG to make the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Vidor has already clinched the 3rd seat in the playoffs. I think its a given that Central will win next week vs. Baytown Lee. A Memorial win and Vidor loss would put Vidor at 5-3 Central at 5-3. I think most people expect Nederland to lose to PNG that would also put Nederland at 5-3 in district. Based on that scenario Nederland would go to the playoffs based on the tiebreaker system. A Vidor win would mean that Nederland would have to beat PNG to make the playoffs.

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Realville said:

You might be right but I think there will be more points scored than that. I think our pass defense has gotten worse as the season has went on. 

This is an accurate statement I was just telling a friend last night.  Earlier in the season, I was impressed at how Vidor defense flew to the football and made good tackles in open space.  I thought that would give them more opportunity against teams like PN-G...  What's going on that side of the ball?

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This is an accurate statement I was just telling a friend last night.  Earlier in the season, I was impressed at how Vidor defense flew to the football and made good tackles in open space.  I thought that would give them more opportunity against teams like PN-G...  What's going on that side of the ball?

Honestly, I don’t think the kids thought they could win when they stepped on the field with PNG. You could see it in there body language. Didn’t seem like they played with much heart or passion in that game. Definitely wasn’t the team I saw play all season. I wish I knew what was going because they have the talent on that side of the ball. Gotta believe and trust yourself & your teammates.

5 minutes ago, Realville said:

Honestly, I don’t think the kids thought they could win when they stepped on the field with PNG. You could see it in there body language. Didn’t seem like they played with much heart or passion in that game. Definitely wasn’t the team I saw play all season. I wish I knew what was going because they have the talent on that side of the ball. Gotta believe and trust yourself & your teammates.

Yeah Vidor was flat in that game

58 minutes ago, Realville said:

I thought they made some good tackles up front. If Vidor can keep PA off the field their shot at winning is better. Here's to no one getting hurt....

10 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

I thought they made some good tackles up front. If Vidor can keep PA off the field their shot at winning is better. Here's to no one getting hurt....

Our run defense this year has been pretty solid. Our pass defense is what breaks down a lot. We get teams to 3rd and long an can’t get off the field. It drives you nuts!

2 hours ago, Vpirate02 said:

Well let's see if an extra week will help pam this year. I don't think it will. This offense is hard to defend if you don't know how. I see this maybe being a shoot out.

No shoot out. Vidors best defense is their offense. Keeping PAM offense off the field with ball control eating up the clock  will keep the scoring low. Last year after half time, PAM forced a few turnover on downs, so stopping the offense won’t be an issue this year due to the front 7 is MUCH better than last year