Flag Disrespect

thumper72

Even though Hitchcock  had a good night ,  There were issues, Like Flag disrespect.  One of their players carried the American Flag when the team came out at the start of the game, The Flag was held low and was touching the ground a number of times   ,  then as the team proceeded to center field The flag should be carried higher than any other flag, or banner, also Also it should be in front of the procession ,  and the American Flag should be bigger or the same size as any other flag in the procession.  In center field  The flag  was also held lower than other flags and allowed to touch the ground a number of times.  i really do not think that the player was intentionally  disrespecting our flag.  Although,  it still happened.  I do not blame the player, i do not believe he was taught properly how to handle the flag.  I blame administrators , teachers , and or coaches.         It is not my intent to defame, disrespect, or put down anyone,   Although,  perhaps before parading our nations flag.  One should take a few Mins to learn standards and respect for our flag.   I am  again posting a web site where one may find Flag Etiquette.    Http//www.us flag.org/flagetiquette.html                 Thump  Thump    Thump

I’m all for respecting the flag but this seems a little critical. If they were running out with the flag I’m sure they didn’t have any intent to disrepect it. It was probably an honest mistake. Sure, corrections need to be made regarding handling the flag but I don’t think it’s a big enough deal to complain on a public form about it. Send a letter to the school if it was that offensive.