Dayton 27 Conoe Caney Creek 7/FINAL

bronco pride

3 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Last game of season and a good win for the seniors and it has been a pleasure watching this team leave it all on the field under Friday night lights. A shout out to #55 you are a awesome athlete your play on the defensive line will be missed.

16 starters hurt through the year, that’s a tough one for any team, the 4 hurt last night I hope for a speedy recovery and the seniors, y’all will be missed. To the rest, well offseason starts Monday Or so, and y’all know what we gotta do. Gotta work hard to compete, and gotta get bigger and stronger. As always, Go Broncos!!!!!

2 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

16 starters hurt through the year, that’s a tough one for any team, the 4 hurt last night I hope for a speedy recovery and the seniors, y’all will be missed. To the rest, well offseason starts Monday Or so, and y’all know what we gotta do. Gotta work hard to compete, and gotta get bigger and stronger. As always, Go Broncos!!!!!

Not trying to be a arse but we won last night. Maybe we had some better options and it took an injury to figure it out. I mean last year Dayton won 4 games with 31 starters missing but hey you have to play the hand your given. Oh yeah also lost 2 cheerleaders and 1 band member but they just played through. All kidding aside though if you have 16 kids get injured on a team that suits up less than 40 you better take a long look at what you could be doing differently conditioning wise. In particular get kids used to getting hit by doing a little more contact in practice.

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

Not trying to be a arse but we won last night. Maybe we had some better options and it took an injury to figure it out. I mean last year Dayton won 4 games with 31 starters missing but hey you have to play the hand your given. Oh yeah also lost 2 cheerleaders and 1 band member but they just played through. All kidding aside though if you have 16 kids get injured on a team that suits up less than 40 you better take a long look at what you could be doing differently conditioning wise. In particular get kids used to getting hit by doing a little more contact in practice.

Collarbones,ankles,broke big toes,and concussions,  all the conditioning in the world can’t knock out those types of injuries, it is what it is. As for your ideas and solutions, bring them up to someone who can consider them, you know your stuff pride, just you go about it wrong.

16 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Collarbones,ankles,broke big toes,and concussions,  all the conditioning in the world can’t knock out those types of injuries, it is what it is. As for your ideas and solutions, bring them up to someone who can consider them, you know your stuff pride, just you go about it wrong.

I could argue this with you but I won't because it's irrelevant now. I will say that if you work side line to side line instead of down the field with 130lb receiver he will have another concussion. If you run a kid literally into the ground and he is getting no blocking he will be hurt again. I will say that we learned a lesson from the rugby punt and I hope it's been shelved. Any way hope your kid heals up quick and if y'all don't you really should go watch some of the real good programs in the playoffs. A lot of these high school teams can get after it.

8 hours ago, bronco pride said:

I could argue this with you but I won't because it's irrelevant now. I will say that if you work side line to side line instead of down the field with 130lb receiver he will have another concussion. If you run a kid literally into the ground and he is getting no blocking he will be hurt again. I will say that we learned a lesson from the rugby punt and I hope it's been shelved. Any way hope your kid heals up quick and if y'all don't you really should go watch some of the real good programs in the playoffs. A lot of these high school teams can get after it.

Completely agree - and I will add that we need to start taking on the mentality  " play to win on every down instead of playing not to loose "    When the game / season is on the line and your down 10 on the 50 yard line and its 4th&1 you don't punt it you go for it - we lost a lot of close games because of coaching blunders this season and last season - we have to start playing smart football or we will never sniff the post season.