Orangefield 13 Hardin-Jefferson 12/FINAL

WOSgrad

Referees were horrible... how do you not call offsides when the guy is right in front of you... how do you not call interference when your reaching to catch a pass and get pulled backwards by Jersey ... how do you not call facemask when qb's helmet turns and looks like exorcist cuz he gets grabbed and spun around... how do you get first down and penalty for loss but make it 3rd down instead...these things didnt happen just once and not get called...  I could go on but rant is over

The last 2 weeks it was the refs fault from the post on here. Come on. Refs don’t win and lose games. Sounds like HJs defense showed up tonight after a poor performance last week. Smalley is a great coach. Probably had a good game plan for the Hawks offense who has been outstanding this year. Sounds like it was a good game. Can’t miss extra points. That’s what ended up being the deciding factor. Don’t make excuses.

8 hours ago, hjhawks said:

Refs didn’t miss extra points, refs didn’t get personal foul penalties for loosing their cool, refs didn’t miss blocks, refs didn’t miss tackles.

facemask was legit, but to put that on refs.... we need to execute better.

HJ needs to win next week.  

My two cents is your’re exactly right. The refs were pretty one sided with I think 20 HJ penalties to 3 Orangefield, but dang it we’ve got to quit shooting our selves in the foot. So many unsportsmanlike and personal fouls negated big plays. When you have so many that play on both sides of the ball that kills you. I see several who are playing their hearts out for the program and several playing for themselves. Too talented of a group to call it anything else. We have to make adjustments next week or my sons Senior year will be shortened. Although I’ve heard some don’t want to win because the playoff game is the same night as Cody Johnson concert.  Ha Ha pathetic 

10 hours ago, hjhawks said:

Refs didn’t miss extra points, refs didn’t get personal foul penalties for loosing their cool, refs didn’t miss blocks, refs didn’t miss tackles.

facemask was legit, but to put that on refs.... we need to execute better.

HJ needs to win next week.  

I agree... No excuses can't miss PATs and be unsportsmanlike ... but also can't miss calls that could impact

2 hours ago, demons95 said:

My two cents is your’re exactly right. The refs were pretty one sided with I think 20 HJ penalties to 3 Orangefield, but dang it we’ve got to quit shooting our selves in the foot. So many unsportsmanlike and personal fouls negated big plays. When you have so many that play on both sides of the ball that kills you. I see several who are playing their hearts out for the program and several playing for themselves. Too talented of a group to call it anything else. We have to make adjustments next week or my sons Senior year will be shortened. Although I’ve heard some don’t want to win because the playoff game is the same night as Cody Johnson concert.  Ha Ha pathetic 

I agree... I've heard same... as well as just having  attitudes and might quit listening to coaches and play plays they want... some talking of quitting but if that's what they want then they don't want to play and get off the field and let those that do... we are definitely beating ourselves I just don't like bad officiating on top of it

3 hours ago, demons95 said:

Wow. 

38 minutes ago, BlueOwl said:

So does the coaching staff see that there are some individuals that don’t care? Or does the staff just not care themselves that these kids are on the field?

Hard question to answer. I know the one thing you ask of Leaders is to lead by example and others will follow. I’ll speak for my sons when I say if the coaches told them to run thru a brick wall, they would dam sure try, because that’s what the coach asked of them and that’s the way I taught them. I’m not so sure how many others are on the same page like that. I have a Senior and a Freshman and tell them both to take care of the only 2 things they can control and that’s their own ATTITUDE and WORK ETHIC and hope that people follow. 

1 hour ago, demons95 said:

Hard question to answer. I know the one thing you ask of Leaders is to lead by example and others will follow. I’ll speak for my sons when I say if the coaches told them to run thru a brick wall, they would dam sure try, because that’s what the coach asked of them and that’s the way I taught them. I’m not so sure how many others are on the same page like that. I have a Senior and a Freshman and tell them both to take care of the only 2 things they can control and that’s their own ATTITUDE and WORK ETHIC and hope that people follow. 

You’re always going to have 1 or 2 kids that just don’t care. And no one can change their midset. But it sounds like HJ has more than 1 or 2. Coaches need to set a mentality and expectations. Doesn’t sound like they are doing that. And it sucks for the kids that actually do care. If the coaches don’t want to handle the proble then the guys in the locker room that do care need to handle it on their own. Even if HJ does win next week and make playoffs it might not matter. Kids minds will be elsewhere than on the game. No way a team can go deep if everyone isn’t on the same page and guys don’t want to be there in the first place.

Problem is when a coach gets tough, parents complain. When a coach isn’t tough enough, parents complain. How about as a parent you tell the kids you signed up, you represent yourself, you represent this community, and most importantly you represent this family? You don’t have to play if you don’t want next year, but by God you better work your butt off this year. Today’s society teaches kids, if you don’t like something rebel, riot, or pout til things go your way. I was raised you started, you better finish and to the best of your ability or get a foot in your A$$.

1 hour ago, demons95 said:

Problem is when a coach gets tough, parents complain. When a coach isn’t tough enough, parents complain. How about as a parent you tell the kids you signed up, you represent yourself, you represent this community, and most importantly you represent this family? You don’t have to play if you don’t want next year, but by God you better work your butt off this year. Today’s society teaches kids, if you don’t like something rebel, riot, or pout til things go your way. I was raised you started, you better finish and to the best of your ability or get a foot in your A$$.

The coach shouldn’t worry about what parents have to say. Their concern should be winning games. At the end of the day their job is to win games and teach kids. Parents shouldn’t be a factor. I promise a kid won’t care how hard a coach works then if the end result is a W. Parents want to get TOO involved and be buddy buddy with the coach. Parents need to be parents and coaches need to be coaches. I don’t think WOS is going home and complaining about how hard coach T works them. And if they are I’m sure he doesn’t care.

30 minutes ago, BlueOwl said:

The coach shouldn’t worry about what parents have to say. Their concern should be winning games. At the end of the day their job is to win games and teach kids. Parents shouldn’t be a factor. I promise a kid won’t care how hard a coach works then if the end result is a W. Parents want to get TOO involved and be buddy buddy with the coach. Parents need to be parents and coaches need to be coaches. I don’t think WOS is going home and complaining about how hard coach T works them. And if they are I’m sure he doesn’t care.

BEST FREAKIN POST OF THE YEAR. THANKS FOR SHARING BLUE OWL

13 hours ago, BlueOwl said:

Unfortunately, parents have a lot of say in a coach’s employment. It was also parents that filed the lawsuit against the coaches in HF a few weeks ago. It’s kinda hard to just ignore a lawsuit. (and I know in my heart it’s bogus... there’s one of the accused that coached here and never made the kids do anything they didn’t want to do)

FWIW, there’s a large part of the community in WOS that wants to see Coach T gone.... I’d be willing to bet he’d already be coaching elsewhere but he just keeps punching tickets to the SC and it’s hard to can that coach. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Unfortunately, parents have a lot of say in a coach’s employment. It was also parents that filed the lawsuit against the coaches in HF a few weeks ago. It’s kinda hard to just ignore a lawsuit. (and I know in my heart it’s bogus... there’s one of the accused that coached here and never made the kids do anything they didn’t want to do)

FWIW, there’s a large part of the community in WOS that wants to see Coach T gone.... I’d be willing to bet he’d already be coaching elsewhere but he just keeps punching tickets to the SC and it’s hard to can that coach. 

Unless his replacement has the same mind set you will see the fall of WOS.

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don’t believe parents have a lot of say in a coach’s employment. If a coach is too worried about what the parents think than doing his job he shouldn’t be a coach.