Port Neches-Groves Coach Faircloths first 100 games

prepballfan

Coach Brandon Faircloth has just completed his first 100 games at PN-G. He has established himself well in the local area as a pretty good coach. He has 69 wins to 31 loses. That's an even 69% winning percentage. Coach Faircloth went 11-1 in his first season at PN-G going undefeated for the district championship. PN-G beat Barbers Hill that season in a close match 21-7 and lost to State Finalist Brenham Cubs 27-21. PN-G was driving deep into Brenham territory when time ran out. In his second season PN-G went 8-5, but they mad it through Barbers Hill again with the exact same score as the year before 21-7. Both BH games were hard fought all the way to the end. The second round he faced a high-powered offense in Willis that season and at Beaumont's new stadium the Indians came away with a 50-47 victory only to draw Manvel in the next round. This game was going to be a massive blowout by all accounts. Somehow Coach Faircloth led his team to make it a close game 56-46. Coach has lead PN-G down the trails of victory for almost 9 seasons now and with his win against Central he has surpassed Coach Gene McCollum as the third-winningest coach in Indian history. He needs 27 more wins to pass up first Doug Ethridge and then Coach Matt Burnett to become the Indians all-time winningest coach. So I believe that through Coach Faircloth's first 1oo games he has done a great job for the Indians helping the Indians achieve 29 All-State selections. He has been to the playoffs 8 out of his 9 seasons and either won outright or been a part of 4 district championships and has been 2nd in district two more times. He has had only one single losing season. Coach Faircloth beat Nederland for this first time since 2009 and maybe starting his own streak against them. Good luck Coach Faircloth as you begin rewriting the record books at PN-G with the players and coaching both. 

36 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

And to think some people wanted to run coach faircloth out of town for losing to Nederland 6 years in a row. Objectively I have felt that coach faircloth is a good coach for PNG he just needed to cut out the boneheaded play calling. 

The people calling for his firing made me so mad. How disrespectful and stupid can people be? I heard they were putting moving signs in his yard. Idiots. 

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

The people calling for his firing made me so mad. How disrespectful and stupid can people be? I heard they were putting moving signs in his yard. Idiots. 

They were, I was like okay people grow up really, everybody lost to Nederland from 2011-2015 in district until GCM snapped the 30 game winning streak. It's not like BF was the only coach on the L side of things those couple years. Disrespectful to the fullest 

2 hours ago, GAGE12 said:

at some point PNG is going to have to play a harder schedule , the district is at best average and pre district is not any better breaking yalls arms patting him on the back makes you fell better feel free , just my opinion

he is a stat guy. if the numbers say you are good you must be good.....

2 hours ago, GAGE12 said:

at some point PNG is going to have to play a harder schedule , the district is at best average and pre district is not any better breaking yalls arms patting him on the back makes you fell better feel free , just my opinion

And at some point PNg will have to start recruiting players in order to make a deeper playoff run... when will people realize that we are not in a talent rich area. Maybe the reason PNG hasn’t lived up to your standards is because of the players just not matching up, and maybe just maybe it’s not the coaches fault. 

Heck look at PAM, who everyone would agree has the best talent in this area, and yet they still won’t be a match for some of those other schools come playoff time. It would take combining PNG’s offense and PAM’s defense to actually make it to Jerry’s World. That’s not the coaches fault, it’s the area we live in. It is what it is.

3 hours ago, GAGE12 said:

if you are talking preseason matchups I would agree, but as far as district games it is what it is you play who is in your district. Im all for playing WOS every year because they are good and close, I would love to play a more powerful opponent than someone say Silsbee but I guess the coaches just look for something local. I can remember playing in the dome against Brenham and someone else forgot with double headers with Nederland, I enjoyed that but coaches do what coaches do.

we split with a corpus Christi area team once in the Alamo dome where we choked on pitiful defense, stopped the wing t  they went pass mode and burnt us on long passing plays because we didn't have a cornerback or safety prepared for them to throw the ball. Second year beat the brakes off of them like we should have done the first year

45 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

And at some point PNg will have to start recruiting players in order to make a deeper playoff run... when will people realize that we are not in a talent rich area. Maybe the reason PNG hasn’t lived up to your standards is because of the players just not matching up, and maybe just maybe it’s not the coaches fault. 

Heck look at PAM, who everyone would agree has the best talent in this area, and yet they still won’t be a match for some of those other schools come playoff time. It would take combining PNG’s offense and PAM’s defense to actually make it to Jerry’s World. That’s not the coaches fault, it’s the area we live in. It is what it is.

Playing Brenham to a 6pt game doesn't sound like the talent was that big of an issue.

18 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Doesn’t sound like coaching was an issue either since Brenham was a state finalist that year, they were just a better team.

In our classification I think their has only been 1 team in the last 10+ years win a state championship from our region. George Ranch won it with probably 2200+ enrollment at the time.  I know CP is in our region now but i believe they were in R1 when they won. Fact is it's not just talent but entire programs that have left our area and region behind especially in Daytons classification. Just my opinion though. I do like PNG's chances at a deep playoff run the next couple years. They sound very young.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

You have some valid points, but I look at it a little differently. Sometimes you have that special group come through that all get IT! The majority of that class understands what it takes to make winning happen at an earlier age! Hard work! Dedication! Weight room! Field Work! Mental Toughness! They are willing to sacrifice other things for football. They have leaders who make sure everyone is doing their part for the betterment of the team. They prioritize what it takes to be successful in football vs girls, hunting, fishing, baseball, basketball, x-box, etc. There is an expectation within the community! Failure and losing is not an option! They are not acceptable! If they are, then the coach is gone! Players lose their roles. There is a healthy competition to keep your position. When your program wins, numbers are up. There's an abundance of kids to pick from to find 22 athletic starters. When you lose, numbers are down thus it is substantially harder to find 22 athletic starters. The competition to continuously improve and fight to keep your position  goes away. Why do you think BH went out and got one of the best coaches in the state and paid him the $$$$? With him comes a tradition of winning! An expectation! Numbers grow! Families move in! Boosters make more money from concessions! Easier to find your 22 athletes! Kids now believe and put in the offseason work! They now feel they have a better chance to compete! I drove by PNG this summer and I was like damn, looks like they are having an organized practice. But, guess what? There was no coaches around! It was their LEADERS gathering everyone together for team drills. Running pass routes. Lineman doing footwork drills! It looked like around 40 - 50 kids. In comparison, in Lumberton, there might have been 8-10 doing the same thing. A few believe. But not enough putting in the work daily to make the whole team better. It takes a village! Parents doing their part in the homes to inspire and set an expectation in the home for competiveness. The community to have high expectations and to stand behind the kids! To show up to football games for the game itself and not just for the band or cheerleaders! When halftime is over, band parents and drill team parents spill out of the stadium no matter if your team is winning or losing! School board members to search and hire the right guy for their school! You get what you pay for! If its not of importance to them, then you get what you get! Coaches to set the expectations of their program and not fall into the politics of the town! Put in the work! Learn the kids and put them in the proper positions to succeed. These kids feed off of them!

I can't just lay blame on just the kids and lack of talent for this area! Everyone has a part in it! The kids, parents, School Boards, Community, and coaches have to work together! If we as an area say that we can't compete with Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, etc, we are partly to blame too! I will never tell my kid or let him hear from me that he can't compete with someone. Then that changes his work ethic and belief system. I have never and will never gripe about my son's or daughter's coaches in front of them! This changes their belief in him or her! If you want it, go freakin work you tail off for it! If you don't work your tail off, then you never wanted it! Sometimes the most talented teams don't win State Titles! Even though you think they should. Sometimes, its just the team who had the most belief in their selves to put in the work that had the coaches who put them in the proper positions to succeed who had the community support to push them over the top.

Just my opinion!

11 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

You have some valid points, but I look at it a little differently. Sometimes you have that special group come through that all get IT! The majority of that class understands what it takes to make winning happen at an earlier age! Hard work! Dedication! Weight room! Field Work! Mental Toughness! They are willing to sacrifice other things for football. They have leaders who make sure everyone is doing their part for the betterment of the team. They prioritize what it takes to be successful in football vs girls, hunting, fishing, baseball, basketball, x-box, etc. There is an expectation within the community! Failure and losing is not an option! They are not acceptable! If they are, then the coach is gone! Players lose their roles. There is a healthy competition to keep your position. When your program wins, numbers are up. There's an abundance of kids to pick from to find 22 athletic starters. When you lose, numbers are down thus it is substantially harder to find 22 athletic starters. The competition to continuously improve and fight to keep your position  goes away. Why do you think BH went out and got one of the best coaches in the state and paid him the $$$$? With him comes a tradition of winning! An expectation! Numbers grow! Families move in! Boosters make more money from concessions! Easier to find your 22 athletes! Kids now believe and put in the offseason work! They now feel they have a better chance to compete! I drove by PNG this summer and I was like damn, looks like they are having an organized practice. But, guess what? There was no coaches around! It was their LEADER gathering everyone together for team drills. Running pass routes. Lineman doing footwork drills! It looked like around 40 - 50 kids. In comparison, in Lumberton, there might have been 8-10 doing the same thing. A few believe. But not enough putting in the work daily to make the whole team better. It takes a village! Parents doing their part in the homes to inspire and set an expectation in the home for competiveness. The community to have high expectations and to stand behind the kids! To show up to football games for the game itself and not just for the band or cheerleaders! When halftime is over, band parents and drill team parents spill out of the stadium no matter if your team is winning or losing! School board members to search and hire the right guy for their school! You get what you pay for! If its not of importance to them, then you get what you get! Coaches to set the expectations of their program and not fall into the politics of the town! Put in the work! Learn the kids and put them in the proper positions to succeed. These kids feed off of them!

I can't just lay blame on just the kids and lack of talent for this area! Everyone has a part in it! The kids, parents, School Boards, Community, and coaches have to work together! If we as an area say that we can't compete with Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, etc, we are partly to blame too! I will never tell my kid or let him hear from me that he can't compete with someone. Then that changes his work ethic and belief system. I have never and will never gripe about my son's or daughter's coaches in front of them! This changes their belief in him or her! If you want it, go freakin work you tail off for it! If you don't work your tail off, then you never wanted it! Sometimes the most talented teams don't win State Titles! Even though you think they should. Sometimes, its just the team who had the most belief in their selves to put in the work that had the coaches who put them in the proper positions to succeed who had the community support to push them over the top.

Just my opinion!

Makes me want to go try out somewhere !!!!! Good post bro!

7 minutes ago, bradyb said:

Makes me want to go try out somewhere !!!!! Good post bro!

You know me well. Its a process dude! How did PNG come back to beat PAM after being down @ the half? A belief in themselves and each other! Expectations! Team Leaders! Position by position, who had more "talent"?

21 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

You have some valid points, but I look at it a little differently. Sometimes you have that special group come through that all get IT! The majority of that class understands what it takes to make winning happen at an earlier age! Hard work! Dedication! Weight room! Field Work! Mental Toughness! They are willing to sacrifice other things for football. They have leaders who make sure everyone is doing their part for the betterment of the team. They prioritize what it takes to be successful in football vs girls, hunting, fishing, baseball, basketball, x-box, etc. There is an expectation within the community! Failure and losing is not an option! They are not acceptable! If they are, then the coach is gone! Players lose their roles. There is a healthy competition to keep your position. When your program wins, numbers are up. There's an abundance of kids to pick from to find 22 athletic starters. When you lose, numbers are down thus it is substantially harder to find 22 athletic starters. The competition to continuously improve and fight to keep your position  goes away. Why do you think BH went out and got one of the best coaches in the state and paid him the $$$$? With him comes a tradition of winning! An expectation! Numbers grow! Families move in! Boosters make more money from concessions! Easier to find your 22 athletes! Kids now believe and put in the offseason work! They now feel they have a better chance to compete! I drove by PNG this summer and I was like damn, looks like they are having an organized practice. But, guess what? There was no coaches around! It was their LEADER gathering everyone together for team drills. Running pass routes. Lineman doing footwork drills! It looked like around 40 - 50 kids. In comparison, in Lumberton, there might have been 8-10 doing the same thing. A few believe. But not enough putting in the work daily to make the whole team better. It takes a village! Parents doing their part in the homes to inspire and set an expectation in the home for competiveness. The community to have high expectations and to stand behind the kids! To show up to football games for the game itself and not just for the band or cheerleaders! When halftime is over, band parents and drill team parents spill out of the stadium no matter if your team is winning or losing! School board members to search and hire the right guy for their school! You get what you pay for! If its not of importance to them, then you get what you get! Coaches to set the expectations of their program and not fall into the politics of the town! Put in the work! Learn the kids and put them in the proper positions to succeed. These kids feed off of them!

Just my opinion!

This i very true. These kids here have worked hard all year round on weights etc. Nederland is the same way. RJ has even stepped it up more since he has taken over the leadership position. Kid works out constantly and it shows. His passing has improved dramatically from the last two years I hope this continues for years to come. . 

14 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Coach Brandon Faircloth has just completed his first 100 games at PN-G. He has established himself well in the local area as a pretty good coach. He has 69 wins to 31 loses. That's an even 69% winning percentage. Coach Faircloth went 11-1 in his first season at PN-G going undefeated for the district championship. PN-G beat Barbers Hill that season in a close match 21-7 and lost to State Finalist Brenham Cubs 27-21. PN-G was driving deep into Brenham territory when time ran out. In his second season PN-G went 8-5, but they mad it through Barbers Hill again with the exact same score as the year before 21-7. Both BH games were hard fought all the way to the end. The second round he faced a high-powered offense in Willis that season and at Beaumont's new stadium the Indians came away with a 50-47 victory only to draw Manvel in the next round. This game was going to be a massive blowout by all accounts. Somehow Coach Faircloth led his team to make it a close game 56-46. Coach has lead PN-G down the trails of victory for almost 9 seasons now and with his win against Central he has surpassed Coach Gene McCollum as the third-winningest coach in Indian history. He needs 27 more wins to pass up first Doug Ethridge and then Coach Matt Burnett to become the Indians all-time winningest coach. So I believe that through Coach Faircloth's first 1oo games he has done a great job for the Indians helping the Indians achieve 29 All-State selections. He has been to the playoffs 8 out of his 9 seasons and either won outright or been a part of 4 district championships and has been 2nd in district two more times. He has had only one single losing season. Coach Faircloth beat Nederland for this first time since 2009 and maybe starting his own streak against them. Good luck Coach Faircloth as you begin rewriting the record books at PN-G with the players and coaching both. 

Can you post what Faircloth playoff record is ? Winning district or sharing district in a weak 22-5A is fine but what counts is

playoffs.

Hats off to Faircloth.. he is as good an offensive mind as any in this area...One heck of a Qb coach. He's also  a stat guy, look at the numbers.... at some point leaving your starting qb in the game when the outcome has been decided proves this... The Indian spirit could run the O when you're up by 30....