Newton 75 Hemphill 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Newton Eagles look to keep a hold on first place in District 10-3A-II as they host the Hemphill Hornets tonight!  W.T. Johnston's Eagles, 7-0 on the season, improved to 3-0 in district play with a 52-0 win over Corrigan-Camden.  Meanwhile, Gary Vanya's Hornets, 5-3 on the season, fell to 2-1 in district play with a 55-12 loss to Garrison last Friday.

Join Bobby Fillyaw, Donnie Meek and Jon Meek for all of the action from Singletary Stadium in Newton beginning with the pregame show at 7:15 followed by the kickoff at 7:30 by clicking play on the following Cube player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Newton Eagle Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

Good lawd!!! Keep it up Eagles!! Hopefully we'll both be in Dallas again come mid December! 

Disclaimer: Newton should not be 1 on the SETX poll when #2 doesn't play teams like Hemphill or Grovetonvillwestsabinehellenkellerschoolgarrisondaveycrocket......and has been to 3 consecutive SC's and have won 2 of them....yes, I'm jealous and bitter! Lol!! 

Newton will play Arp. Thursday night Nov. 16 in San Augustine. 

Newton did not play Groverton, Hemphill is in our district. Silsbee, Bridge City, Diboll and E. Chambers are normally good teams, those teams just had a down year this year.

Newton is trying to schedule WO-S next year. A lot of teams will not play us.

What worries me is that we have not really been tested yet and not sure how we will react when we get tested in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Good lawd!!! Keep it up Eagles!! Hopefully we'll both be in Dallas again come mid December! 

Disclaimer: Newton should not be 1 on the SETX poll when #2 doesn't play teams like Hemphill or Grovetonvillwestsabinehellenkellerschoolgarrisondaveycrocket......and has been to 3 consecutive SC's and have won 2 of them....yes, I'm jealous and bitter! Lol!! 

Yes they should be #1 lol 

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Newton did not play Groverton, Hemphill is in our district. Silsbee, Bridge City, Diboll and E. Chambers are normally good teams, those teams just had a down year this year.

What worries me is that we have not really been tested yet and not sure how we will react when we get tested in the playoffs.

According to most standards, this year's WO-S team was down.  Imho, and after seen both, Newton would've beaten WO-S this year.  Next year?  I have no clue..   

8 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I know y'all didn't play some of the teams. I was just being funny.  Always been a fan of Newton!